Thursday, January 5, 2023

At the end of the day.....

EB, the (mostly beloved) Offensive Coordinator (we think) of the Kansas City Chiefs, almost always closes a press conference using "at the end of the day" in summation, usually it's "if we want this, we gotta do this to get it (get there)."

Usually, I love me some 'end of the day'. At this age (old) it may be a little easier for gravity to take hold as the body flops from upright to supine. The brain, seeking summation of the day, 'prints' the end of the day daily report. If the day has been yummy, oft times our peepers don't make it through the 'report' so, we'll smile over it with a cup of coffee the next morning, the Good Lord willing.

If, at the end of the day, events, ongoings, health concern, family woe/worries have been upsetting - we do just that, we sit up, and who knows when the peepers will close.

Getting there in life ain't like sitting behind the wheel of a Tesla. Come what may can and does happen and we attempt our best to respond accordingly..

So, insteada sheep or woes, I vote we lay in retrospect and count the blessings.  

I ain't, I ain't, I ain't no preacher, but I do utilize this blog to remind me how I should do it, and to not beat myself up if that ain't exactly how it goes - I am human, hear me snore.

Victor, start early in the day and grabya a gunny sack to collect the good stuff from the day. Stuff like nifty smiles your eyeballs have seen.. slip a thank you note in the sack if you had a healthy bowel movement - hey don't laugh (or take that for grunted, so to speak) it matters.

Make a list, check it twice, of all your interactions, any/everyone you communicated with (at the end of the day, be thankful and, as you view the list, have pen/paper withya to make a list of "oops, missed him/her, I'll make a point to somehow touch them tomorrow, the Good Lord willing." 

In that gunny sack, don't forget to put the tail wags, kitty purrs, stuff that made you laugh, how good that shower/bath felt to start the day anew.

Take a moment, at the end of the day - to have memory of those whose days have ended. We can kinda keep em around that way.

Ugly is just that, ugly, and it comes in all shapes and forms.  Affliction, personal pain, the pain a friend, loved one is going through. Financial woes, loved ones going the wrong direction. Divorce. Death.

At the end of the day much is out of our control.

In Cincinnati, a young man lays. Perspective (at the end of the day). Won/loss,  Point spreads,Wild card standings, turnovers, takeaways., "we shoulda (punted/gone for it) on 4th down", "we need a new head coach, coordinator, quarterback, punter, kicker, announcer, stadium...........that all don't matter.

We can add prayer to the gunny sack, to our end of the day summation.

May we all somehow make it through crisis - by keeping our gunny sacks full, and by accentuating the good, at the end of the day.

Love, Victurd


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Old Lady that Swallowed the Fly.......

I know an old lady She swallowed a fly But I don't know why She swallow the fly I guess she'll die Victor...... why do you put us th...