Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Oh-oh-oh, what's love got to do, got to do with it?

Well, I reckon everything.

What is your take on love? Never been? Tried once or twice? Fallen many times? Just 'us' fitty plus years?

Like a baby learning to walk, or, perhaps like a staggering drunky, I fall waaaaay too easy.  I can fall in love hearing "May I take your order please?, in an elevator, across the room, finding, learning someone's heart. Simpleton perhaps...ok, you're correct, assuredly....don't care. I truly love, and love life 99.9% of the time.

Love can be an uncomfy word to orate. Some never do, some toss it as frequently as a cussword in a rap song.

Weirdly, when someone (platonically) says "love you" I tend to say things like "backatya" or "you too" when I know well and good I DO love them, seems it's easier to say first.

My opine, some are simply afraid to say it. I am gonna guess that's because (that's a lie, I googled it) of cultural upbringing ("heard that word maybe three times in my life from my mother/father"), maybe a difficult upbringing, a past toxic relationship.

Some cultures find showing, expressing emotion can be interpreted as a weakness or vulnerability, especially for men.

Again, I ain't no Dear Abby or Dr. Phil (thank goodness, sorry, just my opine) but it is said verbalization is only 7% if all communication... MANY ways to show, nonverbally 'express' love... ie, words of affirmation, tone of voice, touch, gestures.

I reckon it's a personal thing. I admire those who wing it freely. Can it be overused? I suppose, but I lean towards not.

I count myself among the lucky as it was a nightly ritual in our house to say, hear "Goodnight (mom, dad, Vanda, Victor), I love you" until all four had said to each and every.

My dad always said it too but you could tell, yesterday's belief of 'men ain't sposed to' shone through. I hate, hate, hate Parkinson's, but if there was a positive, it afforded my dad to show emotion, toss the L word. God I loved him. TMI, sorry, kinda, not really.

Dunno where you are, if you are, once was, never have been in a relationship. We all have regrets. Ya cant go back. Whilst divorced twice, I truly feel lucky to love and have loved, probably too many damn times, if there is such a thing.

This is where I tell YOU what to do....

Of course I jest. It's a personal thing. Some grew up in the suburbs, urban area, amidst cornfields, across the sea. Where love was never heard, used, or, tossed about with ease.

Whatever, whichever.... I hope you love life.   I sure do.

Say, did I ever tell you your eyes are yummy....your figure (read between the lines: derriere) is awesome... Your take on life is remarkable... You got an awesome 'can do' attitude... Some of many I've used, thought. Ain't always been the same person, but agin', lucky in love.

Love you TOO!  Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Old Lady that Swallowed the Fly.......

I know an old lady She swallowed a fly But I don't know why She swallow the fly I guess she'll die Victor...... why do you put us th...