Saturday, September 16, 2023

What's love got to do, got to do with it........

I see trees of greenRed roses tooI see them bloomFor me and youAnd I think to myselfWhat a wonderful world
Love. Mebbe the best word eva'.   153BC The ancient Romans celebrate Lupercalia , a festival of love and fertility. Crazy little thing called love.  Love her madly.  Somebody to love.  Whole lotta love. Love in an elevator.  Where is the love? Addicted to love. I, will always, love you.  I just called, to say, I love you. All you need is love.
I see skies of blueAnd clouds of whiteThe bright blessed dayThe dark sacred nightAnd I think to myselfWhat a wonderful world
MLK, advocate for non violence and civil disobedience based on love for all human beings. Mahatma Gandi, inspired millions with principles of nonviolence and truth force based on love and compassion. Mother Teresa, "If you judge people, then you have no time to love them."
The colors of the rainbowSo pretty in the skyAre also on the facesOf people going byI see friends shaking handsSaying, "How do you do?"They're really sayingI love you
What do kids think love is, means?  "When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth." "Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well." Ben, age 8 "How do I know?  Girls are gross!"
I hear babies cryI watch them growThey'll learn much moreThan I'll ever knowAnd I think to myselfWhat a wonderful worldYes, I think to myselfWhat a wonderful worldOoh, yes

Love is all about 'I thee wed' but it's about so much more than that. Things we love.  Doing things we love. Things that are funny.  Things that are happy. Turning the faucet handle to the left, ie, tears, when warranted. Love is a smile.  A compliment.  A touch. A hug. A thought that brings smile about someone that maybe ain't here any longer.

I falls in love too dadgum fast.  I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing.  My heart has been given, yanked, more times than the busiest tongue piercer at an LA tongue piercing studio has done puilled tongues. I care, but i don't.  I love the feeling of love.  And not just the oh baby oh baby kinda love.

Love hurts, it do. Don't care, worth it. Hearing "no, not interested, but ty.". Breakups. Divorce. Heaven, rainbow bridges, funerals, cemetaries - filled. Imagine the emptiness of never loving.

"I can't say that word... the L word. It wasn't used in our household." I call BS. Today is a durn good day to wing it then the very first time.

We could all make lists of the things we love.  In fact, screw the grocery list that you'll prolly leave on the kitchen counter anyways.............make a list of things you love.  Add to it. Reread it. Victor, I bet this is where you're gonna share your list ain't it?

Mebbe.

Sleep. I love sleep. Sinking into the sack after a hard day of loving life and all within. Dogs, tail wags, looking at you awaiting your every/next move. Welcoming home.  Running circles in excitement.  That 'be for real' look a cat gives. Toddlers, arms up accompanied with the verbiage "Up-eee" Water, sun, light, dark. The beach even though later removing sand is impossible, still, all it's cracked up to be.

Carbs, damnit.  Sugar, darnit. Sports, partaking, watching, betting, hollering during. Beauty, so many forms. Drives. People watching. Watching your kid, parent. Seeing someone helping someone who simply needs a little help.

Friends. Coworkers. School chums. "We usedta" together back in the day people.  Reacquainting. Family. Yum.

Old people. They've spent a lifetime whittling away life's worries to now stick to the good stuff. Handshakes after ballgames. Colors. Yum.  The word yum. Sarcasm, levity, comedians. Hurt so good. Do gooders. Chewing gum that's still got flavor when ya scrape it off the bedpost in the morning. The fresh feel after brushing one's teeth.  Kissing someone (NO VICTOR!) who has marvelous breath. A child that falls asleep in your arms. Ice cream/cake, allover a toddler's face.

A double lutz, a 6-4-3 double play, a Curry 3-pointer that touches nuttin' but net. A 5 year old soccer player scoring a goal...at the wrong end.

Giggling. Googling. A jacuzzi.  Waking up. When caller ID makes you smile. Beer.  Sorry.  Kinda. Not really. Laundry done, folded (what's that?), put away. Cologne.  A smile coupled with another smile. A smile coupled with affliction, not saying affliction is a good thing, but, when an afflicted person smiles, it tells us all, "Why can't you smile then?"

Bloggers who understand when readers are just about to fall asleep.

OK OK OK.  One last story, and like any old person might say (except they usually don't) "I may have told you this before"..............oh well.

After divorce, I went on tooooo many dates, toooooo dadgum fast.  I went out with a gal waaaaaaaaaaaay too young for me. Victor, how much younger than you is too young? Well, a buddy o' mine told me, "take your age, divide it in half, then add 7."  So I got my fingers and toes involved counting, lemme see, 70, divided by two is 35, thenya add 7 to get 42. I then proceeded to tell my friend he was fulla doggy do, that's ridiculous.

Where was I? (I love when old people say, think that)

Oh yeah, i was with that date waaaaaaay too young for me.  I asked her, "whatareya looking for?"  She proceeded to tell me a story about work.  She worked in ER.  "We had this elderly lady come in.  Really bad heart issues. In fact, we lost her on the table, thankfully revived her.  She was accompanied by her husband of many years.  After she Coded and then responded, the Doctor went to the waiting room to explain to the old guy what had transpired."...... 

"Then it happened again.  Brought back.  Doc again went to relate to the elderly husband.  Finally, we lost her.  Could not revive.  We draped a sheet over her.  Doctor went out to relate same to the gentleman.  Without saying a word, he got up... came into the room where she lay...  pulled the sheet off, kissed her. Replaced the sheet, went on his way.  That.  That's what I want.

Love hurts, yet feels so good.

Love, uh huh, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks..........

 Once again, I made the dreaded mistake of, strolling, page by page thru the newspaper.  I do so virually every morning, and.... as I finall...