Monday, December 18, 2023

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin.

You didn't ask, but "Oh Well" happens to be one of my fav-o-rite songs. It also is a nice snapshot on life (Oh Well), which, in Sport's analogy means, you're in the batter's box of life, the pitcher is armed with an arsenal of fastball (two seam, four seam), cutter, splitter, forkball, curveball, slider, slurve, yada, ie, be ready.  Whatever comes at ya, Oh Well.

And, speaking of sports, . I do that. I speak of sports. I kinda apologize, but, ifn's you seek Gardening Guidance, Book reviews, how to play Canasta, yada, even term policies, (EVEN.. Victor, NO!)  it ain't gonna happen here.  Sports, uh huh, all that other stuff, uh huh. Snagglepuss might suggest a left exit.

Do you hear what I hear - also, is a fav of mine.  I think of it every day when I watch TV with my 38 year old son who is, TMI, living with me during his separation.  He enjoys setting the volume on the remote to around 27. To 'paint' what that sounds like, you could prolly run six houses down and hear it very well.  Ie, do you hear what I hear, because I KNOW the neighbors in this rickety old 3 apartment house hear it. Good gosh Gertie. I turn it down, he turns it up. I 'get back' at him in the early morning when I turn the TV on and the 27 blares in his ears, hehe.

Speaking of sports, and Mr. Hahn, sorry to speak of the Chiefs, but I must. Sam McDowell is my favorite KC Star Sport's writer. I dunno how to 'xplain it Lucy', but when I read his columns, it's like he's 'over there' in a chair and he's talking to, with, me. His writing makes sense, if that makes sense.

Combining it all, his take on the game:  Mahomes 15 second pre-game HYPE speech, his $50,000 fine, his "No Excuse" locker-room speech earlier in the week.. ending a drought ("played his best in two months").. "He's been more focused than I've ever seen him" Travis Kelce. S'more:

His day first: 27 of 37 for 305 yards, two touchdowns and two interceptions. The Chiefs: Their own receivers had hands on each of the interceptions first, and Kelce had his hands on a touchdown that fell incomplete.  (And then, Sam, sitting on that chair 'talking to me', said) What better snapshot of this team than that? We at long last saw their ceiling again, a welcomed change, but we too saw their biggest obstacle from reaching it.

Life. Checkenginelight. Oh well. "Snapshot." Say cheese, or, mercy, or hell yeah, sumpin!

I will have you know... I played 5, count 'em, 5 games of High School football, 

(To that, there's an embarrasing blog in here somewhere, which, in a nutshell (pun mebbe intended) I tried Frosh/soph/Jr year to get a physical for football, doc said "no" due to enlarged testicle.. each and every Fall, come football time, the father of one of my classmates would stare me down, say, "CHICKEN.. CHICKEN.".. so, I switched doctors, passed physical, played, my Senior year, 5 games, then broke my wrist, ha!)  Where was I? Oh yeah:

I will have you know... I played 5, count 'em, 5 games of High School football, so, I naturally feel qualified (and compelled) to lend that jolly red fella Andy Reid an ear.. or an eye.  Our 'artist formally known as Toe-ney', had a pass right in his mitts.  That pitcher we talked about up there.. this pitch from Patrick, was an offspeed 80 mph'er, right down the middle, as in, howinthehell do you miss (drop) that?  He did. Right into the arms of a New England Patriot.  Sir Andy Reid "Do you see what I see?" (Safety, I played free safety, I wanted to play receiver but I couldn't catch either.)

So, Mr. Patrick went and sat on the bench.  I'm kinda glad he wasn't 'miked up' cause I feel pretty certain he wasn't asking anyone for a Gatorade, or, "how's your day going?"

And then......... Please don't fall asleep on me.. ie, drift away as I recount "The Drifters" lyrics... And then it happened, It took me by surprise, I knew that you felt it too By the look in your eyes.  ANDY! (Please know I DID have one interception in those 5 high school games, so I KNOWS what I'm talkin' about!)...  I looked up.. AFTER the interception.  Andy, Do you see what I see?  Do you hear I hear (or I think I hear from Patrick's lips?)  The artist formerly known was BACK IN THE GAME.

I don't get it.  Oh Well.  I can't help about the shape I'm in I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin. Curveball Andy, as in ya threw me one.  Howabout a pinch hitter instead?  Or, to quote Senor' Bill Maas, former Chief's lineman on the toe over the line escapade "If that woulda been Marty Schottenheimer, _______ woulda been cut on Monday.

Sorry, kinda, not really. For every elf on a shelf, Salvation Army bell ringer, pack of Brownie's Christmas Caroling, Ralphie Red Ryder Carbine Action 200-shot Range Model Air Rifle, Cousin Eddie, five golden rings, four calling birds, three french hens, two turtle doves, partridge in a pear tree, there is a Grinch, grump, old feller, like me.  Sorry, kinda, but Andy, Do you see what I see?  Give it up Victor.

Oh well. 

Can I tell about my day?  Victor, it's your blog.  Yeah but, I know whenever I do speak to, of, me, folks run. Don't blame 'em, but they do.  Oh Well.

I had a wonderful Sunday.  Chiefs game, I got paid to watch (uh huh, worked at golf course.) Super nice golfers/friends/'family' stayed, watched Chiefs, and the next game, and, as always, overtipped. Yum. So, I went to have my ownself a beer after work.  A tad more. I went to a place I hadn't been to since Thanksgiving.  That's not that long ago Victor. What are you trying to say there blogreader!.. Anyways, at Thanksgiving, two of my favorite servers answered "Yes, I had a wonderful dinner" but each, also added "But I didn't get any pecan pie."

So... a needle pulling thread?  No. Well, yes, but not here.  So....... next day I went to WallyWorld and bought a cheap pecan pie, took it to watering hole, left a note "Enjoy, just make sure ____ and _____ get a slice."

So, I walk in last night... ____ puts her arm around me, thanks me for 'delicious' pie (It was a WallyWorld pie, really?) and then says "Start a pay tab on Vic" which, I think means I getta free beer. Other gal was there too, we high fived, I learned about "what I got my kid for Christmas"... to top it off, a very good friend came in and occupied the stool next to me.  Fun, conversation, beer, 8 big screens staring at me fulla NFL, basketball games, ie, a touch of heaven.

Shook buddy's hand, said "I'm gonna go" "can I get my tab." "You don't have a tab."  I was afeared'a that. So........I took all the overtipping money from my wunnerful golfer friends, and slid it up to the edge of the bar.. and left a happy camper.  A good day, it was a good day.  Forward passes, perfect strikes, victory in Foxboro...

But... that changeup right down the middle that shoulda been clobbered for a twenty yard gain, that instead bounced off his hands into Patriot pinkies. 

Senor' Reid, "Do you see what i see?"  Mister Veach, all the ruckus on this, "Do you hear what I hear?"

I would never suggest someone lose their job.  But, mebbe, play a different receiver, or howabout, take a pay cut on the present $3.48 Million being paid?

Oh well. I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin.  But, I did play five games of high school football.  Andy?  Can you hear me?  Merry Christmas Jolly Fellow.

Forward by Al Bundy
Beverage Director Oits (that's how he signed it, not me)
Sounds by:  Fleetwood Mac, Noel Regney, The Drifters and a pack of Brownies
Mr. Roger's like conversation from the chair, pen of Sam McDowell

Love, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Old Lady that Swallowed the Fly.......

I know an old lady She swallowed a fly But I don't know why She swallow the fly I guess she'll die Victor...... why do you put us th...