Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Get-up-and.......................... no.

On your mark, get set............. no.

Gentlemen, start your engines.........  sorry, lost my FOB.

Alarm clock.............................. snooze button.

Sign, sign
Everywhere a sign
Blockin' out the scenery
Breakin' my mind
Do this, don't do that
Can't you read the sign?

If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding... 
How can you have any pudding, if you don't eat your meat?

Today began much like any ole day.  Eyes popped open. "What time is it?"  Geez, that's onlly 4 hours.. back to snoozing... and again... that's five and half..  try for more sleep... OK, six hours, fitteen minutes, that'll do.

Face washed.  Scratch that.  Pee, then face washed (yes, hands were washed first, geez)...  Coffee, don't drink the water, made from bottled water.  To the balcony for a cig... YOU CANNOT SMOKE IN YOUR UNIT. My buddy Tip is a lawyer.  Keyword "in" your unit. (To refresh, Dial soap... then, remember, I'm on vacation, in Mehico.. Puerto Penasco.. high rise... no smoking everywhere, anywhere, do this don't do that can't you read the sign. So, I smoked a cig.

I know, I know.  But  I ask..  you there?  If you're here, you're prolly close in age to me..  how are you at completely changing what you've done for however many (50 or so for me) at the suggestion of another? "Sure, lemme get on that?"  "Hell to the no?"... or, mebbe, "Be for real."  I'm a little (lot) of the latter two.

Pressure.  Pressure makes diamonds they say.  After the yuck from yesterday is cleaned up, wiped off, brushed, Listerine'd, I tap myself on the shoulder and think, "The blog."  There's six people out there awaiting, expecting, the blog.  You done washed up, made, drank a cuppa coffee... illegally smoked on the balcony.. NOW.  Mark, set, go.. . Gentleman, start your keyboard... 

Do this don't do that, can't you do the blog........  How can you have any scrambled eggs if you don't do your blog?

OK, OK, OK.. I'm up. I'll get right on it.

So, we did the Greyhound crap.  Then, the long drive dodging the cartel. (I'd forgotten to mention there was one cartel vehicle, wrecked on the sidea the road from earlier.. I understand once that happens.. folks come scavenge what 's left outta the car, torch it and then it stays there for some time.)

So.............. now I prolly oughta do a blog on the history of Mehico eh?  Ahm, no.  I tried, kinda.  I looked, read..  holy guacamole... lotta change here... you guys prolly know way more than me anyways.  It would be like the long-snapper telling the head coach about all the intricacies of football. Nope, not gonna happen.

What I can, will do (so I can have my scrambled eggs) is tell you some quick thoughts on Mexico.

Me thinks, again, I ain't for sure (I'm like a long-snapper in knowledge) most tourist destinations in Mehico are glossy (Cabo, Cancun, Cozumel) with beautiful high rises, plush greenery, and when I think of those places, I kinda think of 'gated.'  I very well could be wrong.

Where I'm at, Puerto Penasco (And I didn't know the pronunciation is Puerto 'pen'yah'sco'..) it ain't like that, kinda.  Sure, there are the high rises.. but insteada mosta the places to go eat, drink, have fun being insidea the hotels.......... there's a real live, Mehican city blocks away.

You can leave your hat on. Or, you ain't gotta put your hair up.  You can let it down, and that seems to be the theme.  Be you, we'll like you.  Come as you are.  Don't matter.

This much I've deemed in two days.  Folks here are nice, hella.  They are proud, much.  They have work at fun, tons.  The places are CLEAN, ultra.  On the caravan here, we stopped to pee four or five times in the 4 and 1/2 hour drive. Restrooms, SPOTLESS. In fact, a guy with a broom and whatever you call those things you sweep the dirt into.

No beggars, no folks holding signs, like in 'Merica (Feed me Seymour). You might find someone with a bucket and a rag, "Wash your car Senor'?".. or, a pickemup with produce in the back, "persimmon sir?" Or, mebbe, little ones with their mama's selling maracas (cheap, pretty, well worth it) or, cookies (yummy, in a bag),,, ie, no looky for handout.  Not interested? That's aok, we'll still smile, wish you happy day.

Mexican Wally World.. I think it was called Bodega sumpin.  THREE, count 'em three, folks out cleaning the lot.  In 'Merica, I know not all workers are finks, lazy, gimme gimme gimme, but, sometimes, I see folks given similar jobs in the US and the first thing ya know, they're around the corner eyeballing their cell phone.  Not in Mehico.  Like Donna Summer, they work hard for their money.

I will say, my buddy was correct. "Learn the basics in Spanish."  Hello, goodbye, how are you, senor', senorita, yada.  I was in that Bodega place.  Hadta pee. Folks I was with were gonna walk the acres and acres of the store. Nomme.  Gonna pee, go to car and wait.  "Hi ma'am, where's your restroom?"  Empty, no comprende look (but, nifty smile).. I had forgotten to learn El Bano.  I said "Number one?"  Nope, same. I was gonna put my finger 'down there', kinda emulate, decided, nope, there's an empty cup in the car I'll do that.

Wherever you are, whatever you're doing, I hope it's without sign, sign, everywhere a sign.. Mark, set, go.. Gentlemen (and women) start  your engines..   No setty alarm.

Eat your damn pudding first, who give a rats?

Adios amigos... i gotta run to the El Bano..........

Love (amar), Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty is the only certainty........... Weight for it........

Criminy, Victurd's off on a tangent again. Yeah mebbe.  I was reading an article about the NFL's new kickoff rule... (Victor, you ta...