Saturday, January 27, 2024

I can't believe I ate the whole thing..........

I ain't sure if it's a blessing or a curse I was born a Libran (zodiac stuff)..  Of course the sign of Libran's is the scale... Strangely, Libra is the only zodiac sign represented by an object.  The other 11 signs are represented by an animal or mythological character.

Where was I?  Oh yeah, still in Mehico.  Back soon though.  I can't believe I ate the whole thing.  Balance (like the Scales).  Too much or not enough. If ya stop and think, ya don't see a lot of large, old folks. (ie, note to Victor.)  Then again, whatshisname, the one that hollers "Ho.. Ho.. Ho", is considered portly, delivers gifts, toys, coal to over 396 million households in a 24 hour period and he's what, 1,751 years of age?

"Too many damn pics of Taylor Swift during Chief's games.. I just wanna watch football!"  So, if I put that on the Libran scale, her reply is “I’m just there to support Travis,” she said. “I have no awareness of if I’m being shown too much and pissing off a few dads, Brads and Chads." 

I done seen (Done seen is tremendously butchered English language.. but, after being here a bit, we done seen the blogger seemingly don't care.).. I done seen many examples of 'folks who gots a lotta money', and in the other tray (whateverinthehell they call the Libra scale thing) 'those who be po'. My own mama, a child of the Great Depression, said they usedta say "Po', but didn't know it."

Back to rich folks.  Or, better termed, those with a significant amount of money.  Why?  Why do they have a significant amount of money?  (You're asking ME?  That'd be like me giving relationship advice.. or maybe, smoking cessation advice).. ok, I'll try.  They've worked hard. They're disciplined.  They're just dadgum smart.

I seen examples.  Played golf with a feller, perty darn well off.  A bagga golf tees in our Pro Shop, after taxes, is like $2.67.  Sooooooooooooo... we get up to the first tee... he wanders off..  "Whar ya goin?"  To find a tee.  Uh huh, he looked for tees others lost, and if he couldn't find onea those, he used a broken one he'd picked up.

Anudder time........... I was riding shotgun with a feller that was perty well off.  Road trip.  We actually had plenty of gas... but... drove past a joint the price of gas was too good to be true.  $2.06 a gallon.  Screeching halt.  9 gallons. Back in car, sing it Willie, "On the road again."  BUT.... before we actually pulled outta said gas station, the rate on the sign changed to $1.99 a gallon.  I pointed it out to 'perty well off' feller.  He cussed. And cussed s'more. IRATE. AGHAST. (Remember? Balance?).. He was gonna go back in.. complain.. demand.. "That's 63 cents I coulda, shoulda saved."  I laughed, too much prolly.. so we continued on.

Financial planner, he say "Do you fly First Class?"  Well no, of course not.  "Spend money then, or else your kids are gonna."

Fly?  Can't.  We're going Greyhound and leaving the driving to them.

Kansas City City Chief's receivers.  Too many drops.

Too many fish in the sea said The Marvelettes. 

Feller that indicated he was "Just a common man, drive a common van, my dog ain't got no pedigree" didn't have enough to cover the family's February mortgage payment - so, he gotta three hour a night gig cleaning office buildings (in addition to his 8 to 5) to make ends meet. (ie, scale balance.)

The cardboard sign folks at major intersections.  Do we approach them with the same trust, mebbe lack thereof, as our Senator?  Bank President?  Will the cardboard guy who has "NO FOOD, HUNGRY" take the quarters and go buy a half pint'a whiskey, or, Similac for his baby?  Or, "Trust me..  vote for me."

I wanna loft downtown. No time for around-the-house maintenance in my world, 3 blocks from the entertainment district, yum.

Gimme 5 acres, ma' zero-turn, a six pack and a small feeeshin' pond, I'm good.

A to B, Interstate for me.  Take me home, Country road to a place I belong..  Where do you belong?

Diversity. Division. Equal employment opportunity.  Well, it IS the owner's son, but he ain't a bad guy, worker.

She took too much off on top.  Does it look too red?  How can I stop this damn slice?  My pitching wedge is ALWAYS short.

As Yogi Berra says "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded."

Olga Korbut, balance beam.  Otis, walkin' in'ta his cell in Mayberry.

Too much. Not enough.  Such is life.  I'm unique, just like you.

About the only thing these scales, being Libran, has helped me figure out, is that there ain't no figurin' out.

There are four of us.  Three Krispy Kreme donuts apiece.

The plate of lasagna was DELISH last night. I can't believe I ate the whole thing.  I'll balance it all out when I get home.  No bread, cut down on sugar.  (Hell to the no on kale, broccoli though.)

Back to the pool.  Hey, does this suit make me look fat?  Uh huh, and don't forget the sunscreen....mebbe an extra large size tube..  BITE ME!

Love, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Old Lady that Swallowed the Fly.......

I know an old lady She swallowed a fly But I don't know why She swallow the fly I guess she'll die Victor...... why do you put us th...