Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Life and Russell Stover.........

Call me a chocolate mess if you like, I'm old, I repeat stories.  My cousin (first, a word about cousins.. is there anything better?  Love, forever. Call, go see, text, yada. I was born #4, worked our way up to 6 total, down to 3 left. CALL, GO SEE, TEXT, YADA, use that L word, often.).. my cousin, he'd fetch up the box of chocolates, turn them over one by one, stick his thumb in the underside - if he deemed it was the kind he liked, he'd down it.  If it was "huh uh", he'd turn it back over, leaving it for the next unsuspecting chocolate muncher to discover.

There's fun in life.  Levity.  Getting chocolate on one's self.  Turn your head, licking it off.

Then there's the next one in line, scooping up said Russell Stover yummy looking piece, only to discover "yuck, damnit, darnit, WHO did that?"

Life too, to me anyways, is like mathematics.  Divisible.  By age, school, work, relationship, recreational time, organized activities, yada.  If ya peek back at all that, and there ain't no deeming 'the kind of chocolate you liked', well, then I don't believe you.  Life has to have been, occasionally, full'a those 'I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants' moments... or..   MY GOODNESS I LOVE(D) HER (or HIM) as the case may be.

I have two nieces.  Love them both like crazy.  One gets up way too early like me, the other sleeps until normal people get up.  So, the get up way too early like me niece and I, play Wordle every morning. (OK, since you asked.. she got it in ONE a couple days ago, and TWO, today. Scroll to life, Russell Stover for me!)

Anyways..  in visiting with her this morning..  Good gosh Midwest folks, I'm so sorry it's been so dadgum cold, crappy, 'the kinda chocolate forecast you wanna flip back over and leave for someone else..  anyways, her main squeeze (hubby) has Thursdays and Fridays off, thus, today is their "Friday night."

One of the divisible portions mentioned above is relationship. All, ALL I'm about to relate is about me, me, me, me and my family. HOWEVER, please, I hope, when reading, you relate things, times in your own lives you can liken to.  Yes, I've got a big keyboard (mouth), but, my intent ain't 'lookey here', my intent is for us all to suckup, love this thing called life, and hopefully there will be reflection into good within your own life.

Where the hell was I?  Oh yeah, Mehico.  Getting my butt beat by my niece in Wordle.  TODAY, being her thumb-in-the-good-chocolate day (her/her hubby's Friday night), well.. .she's gussying.. "pamper stuff.. hair, nails, facial", then... when hubs gets home, they've 'rediscovered' their little TV room.. "TV in there, comfy futon, our new fireplace/heater...it's toasty in there!."  YUM.  Down that there chocolate, it's a good one, memory, time, suck it up, enjoy.

A story reminds of a story (maybe, hopefully you too!)... My mom's 'gussy up' day was Thursday.  Dad would set out on a sale's trip every Monday, to return sometime Thursday, usually afternoon, early evening.  Tweren't no "I'll textya what time" back in those (wonderful) days.  Sooooooooo... we had a staircase from living room up to second floor, with a 'stoop' inbetween.  Mom, long about 2pm, would go sit on that stoop... still be able to peek at the TV, yet, flip her head around, look out the back window and see the alleyway where dad would eventually drive up.  Sometimes early, sometimes late, she never left the stoop until he got home. Ooozes, to me, of love, loyalty, "hey I like, love you", the best.

One chocolate story leads to another story and another story... this one, yes, me. Sorry.  In spitea my relationship hiccups (yeah, that's a good term) .. in spitea hiccups, yes, there were some very, very good chocolates in there where ya down 'em.

I am THE LEAST handiest man in possibly Missouri. Ie, remembering lefty-loosey is even difficult for me.  A 30 minute Youtube quick fix on a car would take me 12 hours, three trips to O'Reilly, and phone a friend, usually my mechanic brother in law.  Anyways... wild hair had me/us buy some kinda zero clearance actual wood burning fireplace thingy.  Heaven help me, I gotta ladder, 20 feet of pipe, cut a hole in the roof....installed it... even more miraculous, it worked, didn't leak, and, last I looked, the house hadn't burned to the ground yet.  S'more below.

(S'mores are chocolate too, but that's anudder, different divisibile, backyard fire pit kinda stuff.).. In that now toasty downstairs bedroom, we also had a waterbed. Wifey was 8 months preggo. First, have a chocolate, I've shared this before too I think.  Anyways, she COULD.NOT.GET.OUT.OF.WATERBED. without assistance.  A smartass, me, when she would ask for help...  "Ahm, can we have meatloaf tonight?"  Enter smile, namecall, whatever here.. but sure, I would help her up, and times were good, odds were great there'd be a yummy meatloaf on the table by the time I got home from work.

My computer has it's Russell Stover ucky moments as well.  I finished this thirty minutes ago, it lost everything after the waterbed story so now I gotta make crap up.

Like, within them there divisible parts of life...  much good does happen... but too, bad chocolates appear (an argument with a neighbor kid...  getting teased in school..  hearing 'no' on a job interview.. boss giving you twice the work on same pay when a coworker quits... flat tire... serpentine belt decides to snap.. gas company raises rates to holy heck I can't afford that... much..)

But............ there are those yummy, wonderful times..  when life affords us two thumbs up.. hopefully, each thumb, with just the kinda Russell Stover type we like.

Love, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Old Lady that Swallowed the Fly.......

I know an old lady She swallowed a fly But I don't know why She swallow the fly I guess she'll die Victor...... why do you put us th...