Thursday, February 22, 2024

You got me going in circles (oh round and round I go)

You got me going in circles (oh round and round I go)
I'm spun out over life, over life, over life, over life

"As long as the World is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and making mistakes." Mel Brooks

Plop plop, fizz fizz, oh what a relief it is.  There's the cold, flu, sickness kinda dizzy.  Ya feel like yuck. Ya stand up, dizzy.  Ya sit down, ugg, "someone cut my nose off perty please."  Like much in life, ya just gotta wait it out. A decongestant, an Advil, some Mucinex, three boxes of Kleenex so you can ultimately achieve the want, feel, to attack, devour Four Fried Chickens and a Coke.

Stand up too quick. Shiver me leg timbers.  Dance, nobody's watching, when ya don't wanna dance.  Two step, mebbe three. Two or three is good, two and half or three and a half, uh oh.

Mayo (not the spread, the Clinic) says "Dizziness is a term used to describe a range of sensations, such as feeling faint, woozy, weak or unsteady. Dizziness that creates the false sense that you or your surroundings are spinning or moving is called vertigo."

Dizziness has many possible causes...... inner ear disturbance, motion sickness, medication effects, poor circulation, infection, injury, children who misbehave again, and again....  relationships..  more bills than bank..   who/what/which news outlet/network/channel to believe..  playing Pong..   "Just one more"/beer.... Saturday's New York Times Crossword puzzle... Blonde hair.  MISOGYNIST! AM NOT! ARE TOO! Arguments, arguments make me dizzy.

My personal favorite elixir when dizziness sets in, "I'm gonna go lay down for a bit."  Nap/laziness is perhaps the best OTC medication to combat dizzy.

College athletics make me dizzy.  He committed to College State University his Junior year in HS, decommitted as a Senior.. picked North State U, redshirted his first year.. his coach was fired.. he transferred to Directional Junior College the next year.. got hurt.. awarded an extra year.. decided to go play for MidMajor State in hopes of more playing time.. Covid hit.. got an extra year for that,. but, at Southeastern Sumpin'or'other, played there four years...  He's 29 now, but hey, it's OK.  Thanks to getting his BA, MBA and Doctorate, and thanks to NIL bucks from Harvey's Bar and Grill, he's an MD and will deliver his 3rd baby come April.

Side note:  My alltime favorite NIL deal was for a guy named Decoldest Crawford (I ain't makin' that up, look it up) a wide receiver from Louisiana who committed and played for Nebraska.. then entered the transfer portal..  and it will be interesting to think'a his next NIL wherever he lands, because, at Nebraska, Decoldest's NIL deal was with SOS Heating and Cooling.

I'm dizzy.

What makes you dizzy?  

S'more for me:  airports..  dogs who chase their tail....  turning my head when I see, hear a crotch rocket goin' by at a hunnerd mph..  4-putting..  converting dollars to pesos and vice versa..  life, in general..  watching that lady we call '360' dance.. all she does is turn circle after circle and it NEVER effects her...  Whether or not to use effect or affect..  GPS recalculating.  My pillbox when it's Thursday and TWTFS are still full. Watching the Wheel on Wheel of Fortune.  Figuring out the answer on Wheel of Fortune.  How pretty Vanna still is.  MYSOGYNIST!  AM NOT!  ARE TOO! Eh, whatever.

Waking up in retirement, dizzy until what day it is is figured out.  Leap year.  Computing someone's age when they were born prior to 2000.  Election ads.  Elections.   Heights.  Boat rides.

Abbreviations like BFF, LOL, ED, MD, LMAO, TIA, LMK, BRB, TTYL, BOGO

Blog writers who go on and on and on and on.

I'm an ever rollin' wheel, without a destination real
I'm an ever spinning top, whirling around till i drop
Oh but what am i to do, my mind is in a whirlpool
Give me a little hope, one small thing to cling to

You got me going in circles(oh round and round i go)
You got me going in circles
(oh round and round i go, i'm spun out over life, much)

Forward by Dizzy Dean, Dizzy Duck
Lyrics by Dizzy Gillespie

Love, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks..........

 Once again, I made the dreaded mistake of, strolling, page by page thru the newspaper.  I do so virually every morning, and.... as I finall...