Saturday, August 3, 2024

What's up, Doc?

Nothin' but the rent.......... you?

The routine (won't bore ya again)..  got to the point of the small print baseball standings... then, "On this day in baseball."

August 3rd, 2001, SkyDome, Toronto Bluejays versus the Baltimore Orioles and the Toronto Aphids.  Huh?  Yeah......  In the 3rd inning, fans were streaming to the exits thanks to an invasion of  aphids...... a swarm so darn bug, er, big..  the ump stopped the game and ordered the retractable roof closed.  

"It was tough. Lotta bugs... felt something in my mouth but I didn't wanna think it was a bug.....".   2nd baseman wore a dust mask.

"I couldn't take a deep breath 'cause I'd suck in dinner," Baltimore reliever Kris Foster said - as he made his Bug League, er, Big League debut later in the game.  Toronto ultimately prevailed, headline "Blue Jays Work the Bugs Out."

Turns out, tweren't the first time in Toronto..  yeah, Aug. 27, 1990, against the CinciGNATti Reds..... no... wait... it was Milwaukee..  a HUGE swarm of gnats this time, once again stopped the game, caused the roof to be closed.

Dr. Colleen Morgan, archeologist, likes bugs, kinda sorta.  Dig it?  "I run a strict no-kill policy in my trenches. Spiders, snakes, lizards, worms, we get it all, and I do my best to carefully move them to another place.... did my first field work in Texas..   menace bugs..  horseflies, ticks, centipedes, chiggers, fire ants... got a mean set of chiggers..  mountains of pus, ITCH, ITCH, ITCH.. .then, next day, coworker and I stumbled into a seed tick nest.. back to hotel room that night, stopped counting after I'd pulled off the 70th one." (TBC, which, is, to be continued,  got it? Don't bug me)

"Few days later, big lumps on my shins and upper arms... joints sized up.. couldn't walk...  Doc after doc scratched head.. finally deemed "Erythema nodosum (inflamation of fat tissue) due to “excessive envenomation.” (As in like, poisoned by a spider.)

Envenomate.. envenomate... dance to the music.

Sorry, kinda.  Terry?  Weren't you that? Archeologist?  (ah, mebbe Geologist).. Any good bug stories?  Ifn's I was that lady, I'd be slappin' those damn things like crazy, screw the no kill, they're bugs!...   and then I'd find anudder occupation, me thinks.

Bees knees.  Snug as a bug.  Dropping like flies.  Busy as a bee.  Social butterfly.  Ants in your pants.  Fly on the wall.  Mind your own beeswax. 

I actually went to the Doc once when a moth flew in my ear.  Uh huh. He was musically inclined. He'd started to play In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida on my ear 'drums', I ain't kidding. Doc poured some junk in my ear, kilt him, took 'em out with tweezers. 

That's a fact Jack.:

Bugs, aka insects.  Usually 6 legs, three-part body.  

Live EVERYWHERE except Antarctica.. (wonder if they got VRBO''s in Antarctica?) 

An ant can lift 50 times its own weight. (RUN Chihuahua!)

Only female mosquitoes bite. Figures. MISOGYNIST!  (Don't start that crap again, I just copy and paste facts.)

Some insects can survive being frozen and then thawed out again.  Lightbulb, experiment! Stop Victor.

Not all insects fly.  Most live less than a year... the African Termite Queen can live up to 66 years...  no way...  way.. 

Why do mosquitoes suck blood?  Blood is needed to nourish their eggs.  That, and, them biting female skeeters bite because skeeter men play pool, don't come home on time, golf for six hours, ain't looked at their 'honey do' list in a montha Sundays... and, they have a limited vocabulary as in  "Huh?" and.. "Wanna fool around?"  Oh, and mosquitopause, that too.

Sorry to have bugged you......   Have a lice day...  No mountains outta anthills.. (Victor, it's molehills, they ain't bugs).  Sorry, bite me.. no wait.. don't.  Feed, love, hug them termites, they grow up quick.

Forward by Bugs Bunny

Love, Victurd

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

The eyes have it...

Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes. She's got Bette Davis eyes.  She’s not just captivating in her looks, she’s got the...