Sunday, September 22, 2024

When your baby leaves you all alone

And nobody calls you on the phoneA-don't you feel like a-cryin'?Don't you feel like cryin'?Well, here I am, a-honeyA-come on, well, cry to me
Heck I figured this tune was kinda fitting for the day...... First day of "Fall", as in weather... but too, fall as in love, then,  ruh roh, which way did she go? (or he).   For some strange reason, this song, in spite of it sounding like the end of a romance... it kinda makes ya wanna get up and dance......
When you're all alone in your lonely roomAnd there's nothing but the smell of her perfumeA-don't you feel like a-cryin'?A-don't you feel like cryin'?A-don't you feel like a-cryin'?A-come on, come on, cry to me
I ain't sure how old you are, but I can tellya I was 10 when this song came out.  Weirdly, divorce was considered, almost up to this point, as taboo.  Sure, not by all.   Today, the here and now, divorce, yes, is roughly fitty percent.  Ain't always been like that.
WhoaNothing can be sadder than a glass of wine aloneLoneliness, loneliness, such a waste of your time, oh yesYou don't ever have to walk alone, you seeA-come on, take my hand, and baby, won't you walk with me? Whoa yeah
Much has contributed to divorce 'growing', becoming more socially acceptable, easier to obtain.  Victor, whothehell picked you as an expert. I ain't.  I simply plagiarize.  Google relates "In the 19th and early 20th century, people often married to gain property rights or to move social class.  All that changed by the mid to late 1800's with the ideas of love and romance becoming the main reasons to wed."  Oh mercy.
You're in the Army now..... WWI happened.  Men marched off, women went to work.  Hey, mebbe I don't need a man for security.  Ruh roh.  
When you're waitin' for a voice to comeIn the night, but there's no oneA-don't you feel like a-cryin'? (Cry to me)Don't you feel like cryin'? (Cry to me)A-don't you feel like a-c-cry, c-cry, c-cry-cry (cry to me)Cry, c-cry, c-cry-cry, cryin'? (Cry to me)A-don't you feel like a-cry, c-cry, c-cry-cry (cry to me)C-cry, c-cry, c-cry-cry, cryin'? (Cry to me)

The roaring 20;'s.  women continued the gain on their independence, embraced the life of a flapper.. started dating publicly, many chose to stay single longer.

The Depression.  Whoops, back to dependency.  Divorce rates dropped.

Hup two three four, there they go marching out the door. (WWII)... Rosie riveted, divorce went from two per 1000 people, to 3.4 per thousand in 1947. And....... as I briefly reread alla the above, it sounds like "uh huh, it's all her fault."  Nope, not what I mean, meant.

The fitties were reserved for Ward, June..... Ricky, Lucy... Fred, Ethel. Andy and Bea, oops, scratch that last one. Divorce rate stabilized.

Strobe lights beam, creates a dream - and all hell to break loose in the late 60's.  Free love, hippies, math and all the sets, subsets of Bob, Carol, Ted and Alice, holy crap, divorce now up to 5 per thou, shacking happened... For grins, Google Mike Kekich and Fritz Peterson some day

Don't you feel like cryin'?

Well...... ahm, no, I guess not.  RR signed the very first no-fault divorce. Katy (or Evan, Charlie, Susie) didn't bar the door, they fled from it.

Well, here I am, a-honeyA-come on, well, cry to me

Victor, bloggers ALWAYS input their opine  How come you ain't?  OK, mebbe I will.  I personally am not a fan of divorce.  VICTOR, you hypocrite, TWICE?   Yeah, yeah, I know.  Yes, I truly believe there are times when it's necessary........ but, me thinks all too often, it's akin to checking into the hospital with a hangnail.  Packing all your bags over a simple argument, or, a string of them.

From experience, there is emotion aplenty before, during, after, divorce.  "What's wrong with me?.. What's wrong with her/he?"  Embarassment... Children in the middle.  Thanksgiving at your sidea the fam. Christmas, mine. Vice versa next year.  Hurt, blurt can happen. Some, attempt to 'paint' their ex to the children. Not all, some. It can be like a glassa Alka-Seltzer if ya hates Alka-Seltxer. 


I, my take only, believe, like boards, there are two sides to everything, marriage (and divorce) included.  Rare is the "completely because of him/her.' Sure, happens, but I think normally both sides should share fault. I think all too often, folks jump, dive out - when, instead, they should dive into their probs.  ie, a "grab 'em by the collar' to make sure they're listening, really listening.  Of course that sounds physical and that ain't what I meant should happen - I just hope you get the point.  Somehow, the message has to be communicated as to how severe the situation is, are you really listening?.  Then, see if it can be worked out, up to and perhaps including outside help.

Like always, I'm perfect, and you're all Harper Valley hypocrites.  Ha.  I jest.  (I'm kidding!) Justa tad, but I jest.

We've all seen extremes post divorce.  Wonderful beginnings anew, all the way to forever lonely. 

Still......... when i listen to the song, it makes me wanna dance.  You know, kinda like the Gentry's.. (A keep on dancin.)

When you're all alone in your lonely roomAnd there's nothing but the smell of her perfumeA-don't you feel like a-cryin'?A-don't you feel like cryin'?A-don't you feel like a-cryin'?A-come on, come on, cry to me

I gotta run.  My check engine light is on...... again.

Love, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

When your baby leaves you all alone

And nobody calls you on the phone A-don't you feel like a-cryin'? Don't you feel like cryin'? Well, here I am, a-honey A-com...