Friday, October 4, 2024

Light my fire......

Why.... why, are some folks lighter thieves?  Ex wife... to party, she'd come home with six in her purse.  Ex gf, I could never find ma' dayum lighter until we went out somewhere and she lit up a cig.  This morning, early, 2:40am, dropping son off at work where he unloads trucks, he unloaded on me, "Dad, can I use your lighter?"  Damnit darnit.

Ahm, Victor?  Mebbe just quit?  Ahm, lemme shed some light.  I'm 71 (at least for a couple more weeks).  I ain't great with change.  Nicotine is addictive.  Ahm, I don't wanna. I very much enjoy three (of the 30) I smoke a day. OK dangit, you're right, 40.

You light up my life.  Thank you cell phone flashlight at dark-thirty.  The hell did I do without ya?  Friends, you do do that (light up my life.) Kids, dogs, even cats, even though they all do do too.  Smiles. Old Tim Conway vids. Barney Fife. Beer.  Sure, Light beer, or, I think that one company spells it Lite.

Blinded by the light.  Ever eat a pine tree?  No, that ain't it.  Ever drive a two lane road dropping off son at 2:45am, oncoming traffic... the hell are the lines..  WHY are his/her brights on?  Watch for Bambi please, I've bagged three of 'em and I ain't never shot one, nor, Elvis, have I ever shot a rabbit, sorry, not really, stew on that.

Turn out the lights....... You tell 'em Dandy Don, I'll tap ma' foot.  Seeya later Brewers, Orioles, Astros (you were too light on them trash cans), me thinks it's kinda dark in Cincinnati Bengal territory as well.

The Night the lights went out in Georgia. Oops, sorry Braves, forgot you guys.

Give the green light.  I ain't 'Snopes'd this one, but we're talking traffic signals here.  Perty much, red be on top, green on the bottom. EXCEPT, in the late 1920's, a company manufactured stoplights for intersections..  The 'main' street had red at the top, whilst, the cross street, had green atop. Pardon'a'my French, but color blind folks were fugged. (In sunny Mehico, they gots electronic green/red traffic lights, AND, physical "Alto Signs" at the same dayum intersection.  What's me and fellow 'mericans to do?... confused. Like that one song says, "Should I stay or should I go?"

Lighten up Victor.  Nah, did that last year. I enjoy eating too much, besides, I threw all them clothes (two sizes too small) out.  

Light at the end of the tunnel.  CRAP. I hope this ain't one-way.

Out like a light.  Babies.  Young snotnoses on a more than ten minute car ride. Frazier. (Down goes Frazier). Wow, Cosell and Dandy Don in one blog. Light on yesteryear.

Lighthearted.  A goal, but, oft times, Help I've fallen and I can't get up.

See things in a different light.  Sorry. Pubs, Dems, can't, as in, light into. Innies, outties.  KU fans, MU fans.  Taste great less filling. The hell'd I put my shades?

Gremlins. BRIGHT LIGHTS!

Moonlight, sunlight, flashlight, Northern Lights, Neon lights, LED lights, 25 year lightbulb lights (why the hell would we need, pay for, them?)  Light humor. (Very light I might add Victor). 

Goofus, Gallant, Highlights.

Light work. Light duty. Why does that car behind me have flashing lights on? Roxanne, you don't have to put on the red light.

Satchel Paige on 'Cool Papa Bell', said to be 'Faster than light.'  "One time, he hit a line drive right past my ear... I turned around and saw the ball hit him as he slid into second base."

Let the Midnight Special, shine a light on me.

Light brings fond memories into yesteryear (for me at least).  Guiding Light, many a year, ma' a watchin.  "First one to see the street lights on!" Lightning bugs. Little league, the swarms of bugs up around the lights.  Strobe lights.  Electrical storm, lights out. Candle light. Kinda special.  Of course, Christmas tree lights.  How they lit up my eyes, later, my kid's eyes, and even more recently, grandkid's eyes.

Hey, please have a good day.  Try to keep life light. Me? I think I'm'a headed to the Motel 6.

I know, I know, Victor. Because they'll leave the light on? Well, kinda... I could simply stand to get away for a tad.

Love, Victurd






No comments:

Post a Comment

Light my fire......

Why.... why, are some folks lighter thieves?  Ex wife... to party, she'd come home with six in her purse.  Ex gf, I could never find ma&...