Slide down the cactus
We play your team just for practice!
I spent the final hour of the day yesterday on Youtube... That really ain't got squat to do with "palm tree... sliding down the cactus (don'tya love that line!).. and just for practice.
But........ (I know, I know, ya can't start a sentence with 'but'..).. But, I figured out exactly WHY I love music so much (and maybe you do too)....
Music is scripted. Sure, the performers go thru hours and hours of practice... tune and fine tune their work... but... once 'done'... it's forever and ever kept so you plug it in, or turn it on, whadever...... and shazam... there it is.. Perfection. NO surprises
With life... we can plan... practice... go.... do... but we never know what lurks behind the next minute, hour, words outta his, her mouths... personal events... events locally, nationally, ya just never know.
That's why........ I likes my youtube hour.... "Please allow me to introduce myself....." i don't play Dave Clark's Bits and Pieces, but, bits and pieces of songs,scripted songs, that tell me "Victor, sit your butt down for an hour... let's have fun... allow that music to run thru your body, draw smile... the neighbors won't mind the volume,... you only do it once a month or so.........
In spite of ourselves <-- if you ain't heard that one, ya needta. I was late to the John Prine party... damnit darnit I wish he were still here. (A reminder, music is scripted, life ain't). Prine and Iris Dement... try it, you'll like it!
I'll watch parts of five or six Stone's songs live.. and get my 73 yr old person exhausted as I watch the 80+ aged Sir Mick run across these damn near football field side stages like he's a kid... and then whatshis-old guitar dude (said lovingly).. .everpresent smile...
The good and bad of unscripted life. Life truly is beautiful... also, runs the gamut of emotions..
I've never climbed up a palm tree. Band camp, long ago, Florida.. .vacation with ex, kids, her sister, her kids... wunnerful time. EXCEPT, when I on the ground, hollered up to her (my SIL) on the 2nd floor balcony, "Hey, throw me the car keys please wouldya?" Did. Palm tree intercepted. Uh huh. Did. We were on vacation so we refused to allow it to make us stressy... it would be nice though if we had a car to go get food, suntan lotion, drive back to make our flight home. (I think we borrowed a long pole from the pool.. I forget, but I think so)...
And............... I love the line slide down the cactus. That's life (right Frank?) It makes ya experience being a puppet, a pauper, a pirate, a poet, a pawn and a king... we all have been up and down and over and out, and we know one thing...each time we find ourselves flat on our face, we pick ourselves up and get back in the race...
We play, listen to music, for love, peace and soul.
We take on life, just for practice.
Off to go get me some breakfast. Ain't decided yet, Big Biscuit, Ginger Sue's, The Awful Waffle.. .maybe even the Piggly Wiggly's breakfast..........
You mind throwing me the car keys?
Love, Victurd
No comments:
Post a Comment