Friday, August 14, 2026

I WANT MY MOMMY!

To borrow a phrase by Rhett, "Frankly my Dear, I don't give a damn." I am not the least bit ashamed, man-shamed, whadever, to admit I had a wonderful, WONDERFUL relationship with my Mother.

No Elvis, I've never shot a rabbit, wouldn't eat the damn stew if I did.... I do pee standing up... Forgive me Father, I did have the tendency to  arm tackle in High School Football, but.. damnit Jim, I've sold shoes AND I played high school football!

When I think of someone who always has all the answers, i think of a very sad, lost soul.

Well Stan, here's another fine mess you've gotten me into.   The dog catcher just drove up the block. WHO LET THE DOGS OUT? (the obligatory woof, woof, woof woof.)

Sometimes, I find anyways, it's just impossible to think on your feet (or, your butt... or, stomach, side, laying down, whadever.)  

Let me think on it............. right Meatloaf?

Look what they done to my (Blog) ma.... 
look what they done to my (blog)...
Well, it's the only thing I could do half right (I know, debatable)
And it's turning out all wrong, ma...
 
Nah...  I'm really OK.  In fact, to me, it's kinda comforting to recall great parental love.... and... a wonderful reminder on "I DON'T know it all when it comes to being a friend, partner, parent, coworker, boss, teammate, coach, any life curveball, knuckler.. yada...    
 
Sometimes, ya just get flumoxxed.
 
Victor?  You been talkin' to Moffitt again?  FLUMOXXED?
 
I know, I had to look it up too.  Was reading the Sport's page this morning.  It was the 50th reunion of a local KC high school basketball team winning the large Class State Championship.  Two schools... the KC one... and the St. Louis one.. First time EVER two undefeateds reached the Championship game...  the St Louis one was supposed to win.  Brimming with D1 recruits.. ranked 7th in the Nation.... 
 
After the KC team fought back, eventually won... the flummoxed St. Louis coach said "I guess if we were number one, they were something better."
 
Google lent me "Flummoxed...  being so confused, bewildered, or puzzled, not knowing what to do,say or think."
 
I call it an "I WANT MY MOMMY" moment.  
 
I very much hope you were blessed with some type of role model (mom, dad, step, aunt, uncle, grandma, grandpa, teacher, coach, preacher, BFF, whadever) that you find/found comfort when ya just ain't/wasn't sure just which way to turn............. and you remember your 'compass'.
 
Love, Victurd 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I WANT MY MOMMY!

To borrow a phrase by Rhett, "Frankly my Dear, I don't give a damn." I am not the least bit ashamed, man-shamed, whadever, to ...