AI.
That's fancy for Ain'tgotany Idea what to write about... somewhere amidst the ball of confusion, the dull, very dull, grey, medulla oblongata matter of the gourd, I thought I heard 'Trail' amongst the electromagnetic waves.
So, I Googled "Songs about trails". Good gosh Gertie, there's tons of 'em. Take me home, country road...... and the Everready 90-something lovable dude, Willie.. On the Road again....... The Long and Winding Road......
When you think about it....... trails, paths, highways, byways, Interstates, roads.. ("Roads? Where we're going we don't need any roads.") Sure Doc, right you are, but, you and Marty got special effects - we on Earth, we got roads, paths... when you think about it... roads, paths HIGHLY IMPORTANT in our lives..
Lewis and Clark 'cut em'.. (Blazed 'em).. many followed... Horace encouraged them... all the while Jesse James, Billy the Kid,. Butch Cassidy, even Bell Starr waited by the trails as they were among the first to declare, "I don't wanna work, but I'd like your money perty please" (accompanied by a CLICK)........
Army brats, hitchhikers, carnies - ne'er ones to hang their hats anywhere a long time. (Add to that nowadays, college athletes. Hangnail, "Coach looked at me funny", "Have you seen how cool their uni's are?".."Dad said I really should be the starter.".. "Really, you'll pay me $2,000 more? I'm gone.")
Bruce was Born to Run..... Some, roll outta the womb, like the room, the vibe, the people, place yada - and never step a lick on a path unless its for vacation, or, they're like me and the only irregular path is to Sams where we spend a hunnerd dollars a year to join to save $2 every three months on a big ole jug of Folgers coffee. Country bumpkins, or simpletons, sumpin, they call us.
Dorothy followed her Yellow Brick Road..... Elton, rejecting the false glamour, high society excess, and immense pressure of fame, said "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" in 1970-something. He done got lost though and kept a movin'. Now, I see at age 79 he's on the Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour. Can't blame him.
Life is a Highway. Walk this way. Travelin' man. Whilst Canned Heat was'a Goin' Up the Country, Garmin was busy planning to help Dionne Warwick find her way to San Jose.
Ray, and many of us poor poor pitiful me men have been told "Hit The Road Jack, and don't ya come back no more no more no more no more." MISOGYNIST! YOU EARNED IT! Eh mebbe. Sure, it's a two way street. After, ya drive, ride, walk the same paths... somehow, it's differ'nt.
While good ole Johnny was a movin', singin', praising the fact "I've been everywhere, man... I've been everywhere.." and then he named off 91 places (I was bored, I counted 'em, don't believe me? Try it yourself).. Johnny prolly had matchbook covers to remind him, meanwhile America done been thru the Desert on a horse and, they didn't even know his name.
A blonde might tell Seger to "Turn around an go THE OTHER WAY" as he sang Against The Wind. MISOGYNIST! AM NOT! ARE TOO!
Fleetwood sang Go Your Own Way but, from what I read they might notta known which specific person or couple at the time they was talkin' to.
John Denver wanted the Country Roads to take him home... then, he was a Leavin' on A Jet Plane...... coulda been a Rocky Mountain High, I dunno.
Lou Reed was'a wantin to sing Walk On the Wild Side again, but his manager advised he might wait awhile until like the elections are over, and, the WNBA gets this all figured out.
Sorry.......... I kinda got off the beaten path. I really wanted to write about how crucial paths were, are in our lives. One turn can change a life. Make a life. Ya ever sit and wonder "if I hadn't met he, her".. .what I'da done, how would it'a been... if I didn't rent that house... buy that property... pulled over when I did.. how differernt thing mighta been.
I love the eternal optimism of someone like Buck O'Neill. "I was right on time." Good gosh what a happy path he made when the goin' got ugly sometimes. He smiled throughout. A lesson for us all.
OK, time to move along. Take it Easy. Might ride the storm out. Might go into the mystic. Homeward Bound. One of my favorite things is a pool with a lazy river. A path to nowhere so to speak. Kinda gives ya that Peaceful Easy Feeling.
Hit the Road Victurd.
OK! OK!
No comments:
Post a Comment