Sunday, August 23, 2026

Tony? F'real?

I decided some time ago, to go on a 73 year scavenger hunt for happiness.  I've noticed, damn daddy, it (can) get tougher year by year.

Ya know damn well, your morning ain't gonna start by spindling and playing that 45 record, Chicken Fat.  Hells to the no's, huh uh.

Ya gots........... one eye on your bankroll.... and, de udder on the going life expectancy stats.  So, you look in the mirror and see Marty Feldman. SEE?  Damn daddy it's hard. 

Gray skies are gonna clear up,
Put on a happy face;
Brush off the clouds and cheer up,
Put on a happy face.
 
Like, I KNOW I KNOW. But, like anything nowadays, howinthehelp are we sposeta know what's real and what ain't?  Old MacDonald wrote an article, AI AI ohhh.  And in the article he quoted somes dudes, AI AI ohhh...  with no author name here and no author name there, here a quote there a quote everywhere a quote quote - but whointhehelp is quoting?

Take off the gloomy mask of tragedy,
It's not your style;
You'll look so good that you'll be glad
Ya' decide to smile!
 
Ya can't believe a THING. Take yesterday for example.  Traditionally, the Saturday closest to August 26 is known as Go Topless Day.  Ha, I hardly paid attention. (Set my alarm for 45 minutes before dawn, showered, ate, strapped my 350 lb test lawn chair to my geezer scooter, and, was on the Square of our smalltown by sun up.  12 hours I sat there, and i didn't even see as much as a Buick La Sabre convertible!

Pick out a pleasant outlook,
Stick out that noble chin;
Wipe off that "full of doubt" look,
Slap on a happy grin!
 
So.... Today is National Cheap Flight day....... Ya think I'm gonna get up and drive to the airport?  Fool me once, but, i ain't no boob.

And spread sunshine all over the place,
Just put on a happy face!
Put on a happy face
Put on a happy face
 
Psychology Today, or Reddit, onea them "Relax,  you ain't going crazy" sites, suggests, force  yourself to say three positives a day.  Ahm, OK. I'll try. To that lady in the silver SUV, the one who was wearing black eyeliner, purplish eyeshadow, who was downing that Starbucks iced expresso (name Donna on the cup). license ⅃Ꭾ7-Sꓞᔭ and tailgated me very close (thus, the eyeliner/eyeshadow/Starbucks comment,backwards plate info) for 7 miles to WallyWorld yesterday... where do you get your brakes done?  (Positive) for surely they must give you a discount for the frequency with how fast they wear out?  Good enough Psycho Today?

And if you're feeling cross and bitterish
Don't sit and whine
Think of banana split and licorice
And you'll feel fine
 
I'm like.... I needta change the headlight on the driver's side of my 2002 Buick Century. So, I pose the question online.  In roughly 7 comments, a guy from Philly is gonna fly to Sacramento to beatup the dude who'd said "NO NO NO, you moron, NOT like that." Tony Bennett.. MUST YOU CONTINUE?

I knew a girl so gloomy
She'd never laugh or sing
She wouldn't listen to me
Now she's a mean old thing
 
NOT MY LINE. I AM NOT a misogynist. ARE TO. AM NOT.  Crap, I never even made it to a 2nd positive statement.

So spread sunshine all over the place
And put on a happy, happy face
Put on a happy, happy, happy face
Oh, come on bubby, smile its your birthday 
 
Of course,  done with tongue in cheek - but I ain't sure if you're looking online where I look... or... listening in public to 'cordial' conversations..  watching the 'this side' News and 'that side' news...
 
Nicety.  Kindness. The Golden Rule. Give me your tired, your poor, your huddle masses breathing to be free.  All, seemingly out the window.  Who let the good out, woof woof woof woof....
 
I jest. Some.  It just seems its getting harder and harder for us to all get along.  Shouldn't be. We, are at fault.  Shouldn't be.
 
ABC, easy as 1, 2, 3.. IF, you can get past one.
 
Love, Victurd 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Very quick one.........

Age.......... Emotions.... as in, showing, allowing them to surface... My father, he of the greatest generation, adhered to the constraints ...