Monday, August 24, 2026

Very quick one.........

Age..........

Emotions.... as in, showing, allowing them to surface...

My father, he of the greatest generation, adhered to the constraints "men don't show emotion."  It was there, always, for he and others..

It took 70+ years, affliction (Parkinson's), life, all added up - before he ever did.  While I very much disliked the health invader. I looked at his added up years, coupled with tears, as a blessing.

By golly, it was in there all the time.

And you?

I, we, are blessed by the 'rings of the tree' we add each year.

I dunno about you - but the clamp on the hydrant of emotion has been very much loosened by the years, past events, love, 'video compilation' of all things, people, past. 

I'll be looking at a photo album... watching a movie that sparks recreation of an era... listening to a song that usedta make me wanna beep and bop - now, become a silent, emotional mess (in a good way)....

I suppose - if we're gonna take the time to snooze, refresh, regenerate, plant the toes on the ground, raise, rinse, renew - we might as well emote too. 

If that's not your thing - I am way cool with that.  Not prescribing, preaching, trying to alter... just here to say, I don't mind 'tearing up' in the least.  In fact, I appreciate it. It ain't forced, I can't hit a lever and it happens, it simply happens - controlled by whatever it is in the brain that relates "Victor, you're lucky to have lived this, appreciated that and the fact it means a lot to you."

If we are here to ingest the entire ball of life's wax (good, bad, indifferent) feel is ok, appreciated - and certainly not confined to the closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Very quick one.........

Age.......... Emotions.... as in, showing, allowing them to surface... My father, he of the greatest generation, adhered to the constraints ...