There, I've said it again. (Ain't that an old song? Uh huh, Google or AI, one'a them sumbitches confirms.)
I just spent the better part of an hour reading (and sometimes weeping) obits. Uh huh, I can feel the 'lack of love' from some who think I'm weird in doing so... but that's OK, I think some of you are quite weird too! Hehe.
I read accolade after accolade.... Awards won... things invented (uh huh, couple of 'em today).. books written... great culinary skills... degrees upon degrees...businesses owned, started, led.... envisioned all the dang moving vans they loaded as many lived in parts here, there, darn near everywhere. One couple, arrived in the US with $78 to their name, made quite the life for themselves.
I got tired reading, sure, because I'm old... and, because I agree Gizmo, "BRIGHT LIGHTS".. I considered a nap but I had 9 left to read.
More of the same......................... except.............. then they mentioned being married 64 years, 59 years, almost 70 years... traveled to 49 states... points, Continents allover the World.. had 2nd homes in Florida, the Lake, Colorado (I can't mow one yard, letalone two)... oh....... they raised kids... several with many......
Victor, you can't take a nap, you ain't even had breakfast.... bite me, but I guess you're right...
And too, in addition to being teachers, preachers, 'sisters', managers, dedicated workers, they played softball, chess, bridge, did crafts, sang in the choir, painted, "fixed stuff, anything really". taught Sunday School.. volunteered here, there...... lives lived quite well. Victor, you ain't done.
Oh yeah........ "Never missed a grandkid's game, event, music show, yada"... .golfed, fished, hunted, girl's weekends, Scout leader, coached Little League. All. Most did it all. And that's wonderful to read.
But, makes me tired. First thought, "Damn, reading about all them makes me think, 'Victor, you need to getup, go, do, you got a lotta catching up to do!' "
Which, makes me hella tired thinking about.
Once again, not your normal blog,.... or, is it?
While sure, maybe weird to read about others after their lives here are finished - it's also very uplifting to me to read of............. well.......... good people........... good things...... demonstrated.
Close your ears. I worry about us. The upcoming elections, no matter how they turn out. We've GOT to figure out how to coexist because now we can't even commandeer a zipper merge or a 4 way stop.
One friend already (temporarily) got off Facebook.
We need to use the examples of those before us... If that sounds like preaching, so be it. Accolades, Golden Rules, care, concern - over attitudes. Sounds difficult. Shouldn't be.
Love to all, yes, probably a nap ahead
No comments:
Post a Comment