(I've already done This and That.)
I'm always late to the party musically. Witness, recently found love of Pink Floyd, John Prine and now Eric Clapton. Victor, you ignorant slut. If you drive to Cleveland to see the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, you might notice Eric is in there THREE times (Yardbirds, Cream, Solo career.) Gee thanks but is it Eric or Erik?
Promises. Victor, are you gonna talk election ads? Please please please no.
Mebbe.
But, I was moreso thinking still of Clapton and his song Promises. I CANNOT GET IT OUTTA MY HEAD.
I don't care what you do at nightOh, and I don't care how you get your delightsI'm gonna leave you alone, I'll just let it beI don't love you, and you don't love me
I got a problem, can you relateI got a woman callin' love hateWe made a vow we'd always be friendsHow could we know that promises end
When two get sideways. For so long, they'd laid lengthwise side by side, mighta had a hound pooch or a kitty cat 'tween... meals across the table from one another. Clogged the aisles walking side by side at the Piggly... Same Thanksgiving Party, Christmas, uh huh, equal parts of the others parents. Inotherwords, EVERYTHING. Life. Promises. Meatloaf put it, "I will love you till the end of time."
Sideways. It's not a fun club (I'm a two time member).. Only reason I add it here is, life is, can be, bizarre. One, well, actually two, go from sweet nothings, to............... nothing. Weird. Tubthumping, Chumbawamba. Some do get knocked down, but get up again. Now, with the price of gas what it is, some prefer to be the only passenger (not weighted down) when they drive to the Landing for their two beers. Hiccup.
90 bucks. (A kiss on the cheek... "All better?") 90 bucks'll get ya a tank and a half of gas. 90 bucks'll buy the family I grew up nextdoor to (9 rugrats) a once thru Mickey D's for Happy Meals. Who knows math well? If one was in a charitable mood and wanted to donate the 90 bucks back, say, to help with a $600,000,000 Ballroom, what percent would that be? VICTOR, THEM'S FIGHTIN' WORDS! Que Eric:
I don't care what you do at nightOh, and I don't care how you get your delightsI'm gonna leave you alone, I'll just let it beI don't love you, and you don't love me
JUST YESTERDAY you blogged about 'Positive' this and positive that.
I know, but, this is That and This.
OK, a positive. The freshman football player at MU. The one diagnosed with a heart problem... further diagnosis, needs a heart transplant. Went deeply into cardiac arrest Tuesday... Blessedly, Wednesday, donor found, that night surgery happened, successful, he's resting, doing well. We can only hope he breaks the Guinness Book of Records for number of years to live after a heart transplant, 41 (and she's still living, doing well in Mt. Vernon, IL.) Bless him, AND the donor.
Fall. Cooler temps. Pumpkin this, pumpkin that. Victor, shouldn't that be 'Pumpkin that and pumpkin this? Ahm:
You cause a commotion when you come to townGive 'em a smile and they meltHaving lovers and friends is all good and fineBut I don't like yours and you don't like mine
It (present life) is whacko. We are a nation of this and that, that and this... Us and Them (You already covered Pink Floyd Victor) Ahm:
I don't care if you never come homeI don't mind if you just keep on rowin' away on a distant sea'Cause I don't love you, and you don't love me
Life, kinda... just don't make sense no more. Mainstream Divorce Court.
Where's Judge Judy, Dr. Phil and Jerry Springer whenya need em.
La-la, la, la-la, la, laLa-la, la, la-la, la, la
Tune in next month... (Hopefully you guys/gals in LA, San Diego will still be around) and we'll dissect Arlo's Alice's Restaurant.
No comments:
Post a Comment