Friday, July 8, 2022

Getting to know you......... getting to know all about you.........

This thing called life.  Getting to know one.

It ain't no roll outta the womb, milk only, soft food, rock, crawl, flavored bottles of mostly yuck with an applesauce thrown in occasionally... stand.. .tilt..  apple slices.. finally walk a bit.. then a lot.. then pee pee in the potty... word... 'mama' usually... then two, then seven... then 672 questions a day... then preschool.. mama, clean off the fridge, go to Sams and buy magnets, tons,  I'm bringing home crap you're gonna keep forever....

And whoop, there it is....... we know this person.

Well, huh uh.

OK, then.  So, K-12 it is.  I've been "Bend me shape me anyway you want me" - I am now me.  I sucked at this, did ok at that, hated that one subject, loved this one.  Seen me a perty girl or twenty. Know me now. You do right?

Well, kinda.

Then, a job.  That defines us eh?

Well, mebbe.

Gotta buddy, annually, on his work anniversary date, he posts a picture of his very first paystub from, ahm, I think like 30 some years ago now.. he's still there.. same job...  we know him right?

Hmmmm....  Then

Then there's me.  I've had almost as many jobs as ball cards I've bought.. .yards I've mowed... cars I've owned...  girlfriends I've had... oops..  Chapter 11's...  A 'take this job and shove it' or three..  So, this defines me eh?

Well Victor, it does sound habitual.

But...but... but.. Ray Charles sang in 1962 "You don't know me."

Let's backtrack to.... oh... somewhere, kiddygarten, first grade maybe..  we sit at a table... all these rectangular slabs of clay infronta us.. 

As life rolls on.... we have all these classmates... siblings, folks, aunts, uncles, granny, gamps's.. next door neighbors.. mailmen... milkmen..  now, FedEx, UPS, Prime... little league coaches, scout leaders, custodians, vice principals, business owners, friends, friend's parents..

We take a little bit of clay... and we mold... each..  this classmate looks like this, talks like this, walks like this, I'm finished molding, he (or she) must then, be this.

Well......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks..........

 Once again, I made the dreaded mistake of, strolling, page by page thru the newspaper.  I do so virually every morning, and.... as I finall...