Tuesday, August 9, 2022

I'll be back.....

I gotta weak back......  Yeah?  When'd ya get it?  Abouta week back.

My grandfather, circa 1930, 40-something. His job at brickyard was to carry bricks in a wheelbarrow from the plant to the rail car.  Ohhhhh, the back.

You can't go back.

Chris Berman, great broadcaster, but mainly known for "Back Back Back Back Back."

Fullback, Halfback, Nickleback, Quarterback, Running back... I was primarily a back up.

Back in song...... Baby come back..... Get back..... Back in the USSR..  Lookin' out my back door.. . Elton said, not me, The Bitch is Back.. Cher looks the same some 60 years later, but she still sings "If I Could Turn Back Time."... 

Across the land, parents, grandparents, snap snap snap those pictures of their snotnoses clad in new wear from Ross, Kohls, WallyWorld.. .  Back to School.

Welcome Back, Kotter. Brings back memories of Horshack's "OOOOH OOOOH!"

Just the other day, as I hit a ball into the woods on the 9th, I proclaimed, "I should stick to bowling."  Undaunted, played the back 9 anyways.

The back door is the one where there ain't no doorbell, no Ring security cameras. You invite friends back there to the back, sit around the fire pit, laid back.

Hackers use the backdoor. Basketball players sneak a backdoor pass.  There's a backdoor breaking ball in baseball.  No more definitions of back door.  You're welcome.

Which brings us back to Do Re Mi.

Door to door salesmen, Jehovah's, snotnose kids, they all come back to your door.  I went back to Google to see if there were any 'catchy' welcome mats using the word 'back'.  Not really.  Did find "Come back when you have tacos and booze."

Found some others though, I liked, ain't got jack to do with back:  Welcome Matt..  Doorbell broken, please yell "Ding Dong" real loud.... Ring bell, win toddler...  I hope you like dog hair..   Welc.. wait, who did you vote for?...  Did you call first?...  Hold on, we're probably naked...  Go away!...  Welcome, just kidding, please go home..... Oh no! Not you again!... 

Back to back, which, sometimes people sleep thataway.  Hineys are warm, yeah they are.  Or, mebbe you/mate are fighting, dunno.

I want my baby-back-baby-back-baby-back, I want my baby-back-baby-back-baby-back, Chili's baby-back ribs.

Gal I dated. Change of season, she'd put Winter goodies on hangers in the closet, BUT, she'd turn all the hangers backwards. If, summertime came around and the hanger was still turned backwards, off to thrift store donation box they went.

I personally have a dresser.  Top drawers is for shorts, pants that fit. Next door down I keep my shorts/pants that I wore 20 pounds ago in hopes I get back to that. It's labeled "Doubtful."  The drawer below, shorts/pants I wore 40 pounds ago, I know I'll never get back to that, thus, it's labeled "Be for real."

Monday, back to work.  Retired, back to sleep.  Infant, back to sleep, to crying, to sleep, to crying, to sleep, to crying.

Mother-inlaws, sometimes they come back.  JK, I loved mine.

Thursdays are TBT days for some reason. (Missed Wednesday, gotta hump on the back.)

Some say I live in the past, it, back in time.  Don't care, i enjoyed it.  Don't wanna redo, go back (would love to visit with loved ones gone though).  

Road trips, back in the day.  Backseat, us kids.  Are we there yet are-we-are-we huh?  Johnny's hitting me. How much longer?  Hell, fer sure, for mom and dad.  Nowadays, ya got Ritilan, ear buds, chromebooks, drop down movie theater kinda things with enough movies to get you from Wichita to Walla Walla.

Why back in my day......we parallel parked and hit things.  Now, you gotta bigscreen view, beepers, buzzers, warnings, what will they think of next.  Dunno, come back in a few years.

Goin' back to Houston, Houston, Houston.

Old age, help I've fallen and I can't get back up.  Must have plan aheada time when getting on floor so you CAN get back up.

Jump back. Come back here!  As soon as my back is turned.  Ass backwards. At the back of my mind (scary huh?)..  Back to basics, nature. Backhanded compliment. Bounce back, bite back.  Cover your back.  Eyes in the back of your head. Slow running teammate in baseball going to first base: "We don't care if you carry a piano on your back, just don't play it when you run!"..

Yellow steak down back.  Hark back to. I scratch your back and you scratch mine. Kick back. Laid back. Backpack. One hand tied behind your back. Spring forward, fall back. Watch your back.

Jojo was a man who thought he was a loner
But he knew it couldn't last
Jojo left his home in Tucson, Arizona
For some California grass
Get back, get back
Get back to where you once belonged
Get back, get back
Get back to where you once belonged
Get back Jojo

Back to reality. Thanks for your eyeballs back here.

Y'all come back now, hear?

By Henry Gibson.  Foreword by Arnold Schwarzenegger

Love back, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

90 feet.

If you're astute ..........  no that ain't it. If you're a student of the game, then you know....   Baseball Ray...  90 feet is ...