Tuesday, April 25, 2023

And with the #6 pick.......

Sammy loved him some women... He was deft of verse.. handsome... funny... With those tools in his pocket he scanned the restaurant, and across the way ooh la la, there she sat with a couple of her friends ... His eyes caught hers, smiles incurred.. so, of course, there he goes....

"Hi folks," he said to all, but eyes on one... "My name is Sammy," as he then looked around to all.. then, refocused on her. "Ma'am, I gotta tell you...you look just like my 6th wife." "GOOD LORD, MAN...how many times have you been married?"...... "Five."

I love me some love, and while I'm personally in the "Table for one please" mode, I find the relationships of others, fascinating.. 

Fitty-two years, started dating in High School...  

Us? Well, my sister moved to KC 30 years ago, I came to visit, she set me up with a friend of hers, we hit off...back to Virginia to finish college, a year later "I do" and I did KC too!

My own folks. Met in school. Eloped. It was the tail end of the Depression, no one had buckaroos... Along for the ride, and to serve as Best Man, Maid of Honor, aka witnesses, mom's cousin and hubby, great great friends. Back to Depression, money tight...ONE motel room, turned into 'two' with a rope hung lengthwise between the beds to divide, blankets hung over the rope.

"More than Carter has little liver pills" (I'd always heard this too, but I had to Wiki to learn these were marketed heavily up until the 60's to cure a variety of woes.) I don't remember the ads but I'm sure I musta seen a commercial during Jack LaLane, or perhaps Guiding Light...

Anyways, we all know some really cool stories. More stories than Carter has pills. He was my boss. SHE was my boss. We started kindergarden together in the 50's, never dated in school, both had longterm marriages go awry and whaddayaknow, we've been together four years now.

I'd gotten groceries at WallyWorld, and as I go to load 'em in the car and lo and behold there's some dude loading his groceries in my car. WHAT ARE YOU DOING? Ahm, putting my groceries in my car to take them home. THIS IS MY CAR. Nuh uh. UH HUH, and with that I clicked my fob thingy to honk the horn. OMG, I'm so sorry, my car is exactly like yours, And it was, and it was parked right next to mine. We started talking, joking. He was cute. Very. Finally he said "OK, I'll get my groceries out, but only if you let me use them to make you dinner? That was seven years ago, and as Paul Harvey would say...well, you know.

On a rollercoaster at an amusement park - we both were in parties of three and were the odd ones out so we got seated together.

Cancun, at a swim up bar. Hit it off. Me, Missouri, he, a truck driver from Ohio. He sold his house, bought a motor home, moved here, and few months later eventually moved in with me.

Laundromat. We met in a YouTube comment fight.  At a Halloween costume parade/party for dogs. Craigslist, seriously. I managed a fast food joint, he delivered the bread.

Of all places, at a bar.

My then boyfriend introduced us at a gas station. Neighbors. (Victor, you could be a real smartass with your punctuation. Huh? Yeah, you know, like "Can I have a little, sugar?" Nah, that's dumb, might offend someone.) At a hostel in Thailand, he's from England, I'm American.

And all that's involved. Smooches. Passing pats on derrieres.Long drives, walks, movies. Arguments, long nights in the extra bedroom. Ahm, making up. Flat tires, flat beers, expired food in the fridge tossed, yummy lasagna made with each alternating a layer. A text, note, surprise gift left in the car for the other. Inlaws, best friends, block parties, whointhehell is that at our ring doorbell?

Kids. Oh boy, girl does that change things, but, that's maybe a blog for another day.

Relationships are yummy, for sure at least at some point. I commend all relationships and every single one is unique, like yours.

Time to go. Laundy. Apartment here, no washer or dryer here. Not a fan of going to the laundromat, then again, I guess ya never know. 

Sock it to me,

Love, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks..........

 Once again, I made the dreaded mistake of, strolling, page by page thru the newspaper.  I do so virually every morning, and.... as I finall...