Saturday, May 20, 2023

I HATE when young people 'learn me!'

Actually that's not really true... Young people are a gift - and, 'we were them', once.

Really though (which kinda sorta resembles starting this sentence with "I mean"), this is a short blog (you're welcome) on happiness.

Of course I can't speak for us all, but I believe safe to say the vast majority of us stand in awe/admiration  for those whom you simply can't wipe the happiness off their face, especially in encumbered time (personal ache/pain; family/relationship crap going on; ultra cold weather; drippy hot weather; financial woes; any kinda woes.)

How they able to do that? Don't they have ire? Mires?  Never perspire? Deal with liars? Work fires? Milk, bananas expires? Nerves never wired? 

Remarkable to try to walk/see from their shoes, but, don't everyone's feet ultimately hurt?

Recently, I was at my chillax, relax, smoke cigs, read paper, mom and pop breakfast joint.. in walks a lady (coulda just as easily been a guy), she sat at the counter.. talked to workers, then on her phone... in 15 minutes, she dropped (VERY LOUDLY) more F-bombs than Carter has pills, or Jimmy has buckets. Old McDonald had a foul mouth, E-I-E-I-F. We, everyone there, couldn't wait for her tude to leave the building. Finally did.

Whie F-lady was mid-bombs, in walks a guy (coulda just as easily been a lady) approximately the same age, 40-ish.  Music to scrambled egg eating ears. "Yes ma'am. No ma'am. Thank you ma'am." (Had Aretha been there, she woulda started singing her song.) As I was leaving, in passing, I offered, "I can tell you had loving parents didn't you?" His face lit up and the answer was obvious.

Back at the ranch, the golf course I work part-time at, we get a pretty fair amount of them "I'm happy, I'm gonna be happy even if I 3-putt, have triple bogies, lose balls in the forest, yada." Those kind. We, us coworkers, have developed a standardized greeting for them as they come in. One of us (workers) will put a hand up to the other's ear - as if we're telling a secret, but we don't, we look the e'er smiling one in the eye, and in a voice loud enough for them to hear, "WATCH THIS ONE....I THINK HE/SHE IS ON DRUGS. HE/SHE IS ALWAYS HAPPY." More smiles.

I went to a bar once. NO! YOU VICTOR? OK, maybe more than once, but who's counting. Thankfully I sat at the table being waited on by my favorite server. I've observed her work attitude at least 50 times (oops). Said lovingly, young punk,  early 20's. She 'gets it', life. Every moment in her life is a gift, thus, ours is too. EVERYONE there loves her. She's good, fast, ALWAYS upbeat, fun.  One day I winged a compliment as such, mentioned how life can get us all down, so I asked "How do you do it?" With return eye contact, smile, she succinctly answered "It's not that bad, Vic."

I hate (LOVE) when young people 'learn me.'

Love, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Old Lady that Swallowed the Fly.......

I know an old lady She swallowed a fly But I don't know why She swallow the fly I guess she'll die Victor...... why do you put us th...