Friday, June 9, 2023

Close to...... sumpin...

Why do birds suddenly appear, every time you....put birdseed out?

Why do stars fall down from the skyevery time you..... are driving around at night almost asleep at the wheel? Are they like, "Eh, Charlie, I've been hanging around  for, what, three billion years now, I think I'm gonna go."?
On the day that you were born the Angels got together.... and probably swept the Royals in a four game series..
That is why all the boys in town follow you all around.... there's a hole in your back pocket and pennies, dimes and quarters are falling out with every step you take..
Just like me, they long to be..... rich.
Sorry, bad case of writer's block.
Victor? Whointhehell called you a writer?
Eh, right you are. Maybe I should be a Carpenter, close to you.... right Karen?
Idea uno was 'all about apostrophes' <-- did I just miss one?
I's.... Victor, that would appear to be an incorrect contraction using "I is." It's I'm, I am, NOT I is. You can't do that.
You mean like when I say "I is the ninth letter of the alphabet?
Smartass.
That, I is. Lilliane, oh Lilliane.
Old age, I's, er, I'm finding, is oft times about I can not, or, the contraction 'can't'.
As in, I useda could, but now I can't...enter youthful crap here, ie, like run, jump, hop, stay up til midnight to watch the ball drop (anyone making a joke about droopy balls, I's gonna getya!)
I once was young, but now I'm old... I can't... leap tall buildings in a single bound... walk a mile without having to stop and pee... walk a mile..cartwheel..forward roll (at least not on purpose)... stuff a basketball..ok damnit, yes, it was a tennis ball but I did do it once! I's not lying!
Burl Ives, you can blow all the smoke you wanna outta that Little Engine That Could what with it's "I think I can, I think I can, I think I have a plan"... but, much, I's, we's, old folks, can't.
Just like me, they long to be close to you.
But, I can't.
With apologies, this blog is so bad it should self destruct in two minutes.
Maybe ya had to be there.
Love, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks..........

 Once again, I made the dreaded mistake of, strolling, page by page thru the newspaper.  I do so virually every morning, and.... as I finall...