Monday, June 19, 2023

Hurry...

That word makes me stressy. After that F-word, it's next least favorite.

Watching hurry wears me out.

Ya think about it, we hurry to crawl, walk, eat solid food, talk, get these damn diapers off, go to school, get outta school for the summer, drive, vote, work, marry, procreate, then we watch our little turds in our footsteps and then they fall whilst hurrying.

Tired yet?

We hurry for great job. Well we're movin' on up, house, new car, bigger house, pay off the mortgage, Empty nest, RETIREMENT, smaller house, grandbabies (repeat the above again, hurry), to get OUR  diaper on. A vicious F'n cycle. (You were in a hurry to scold me there weren't you? A vicious FRIGGIN cycle. See what hurry does?)

You can't hurry love. Damnit darnit.

"There are sadistic scientists who hurry to hunt down errors instead of establishing the truth." Marie Curie

A hurried thought Marie, politicians too.

Horace said "Go West young man", so they did, hurriedly. Gold hurry, er, rush. Wagons caused ruts. "Fill em in with (rocks, concrete, a lane in the other direction, two lanes in each direction, faster damnit." "Roads?," Wilbur and Orville said, "we don't need no stinkin' roads." That mighta been Dr. Emmett Brown, sorry, in a hurry here.

Tailgaters. Shiver me timbers. I hate them F'rs. There you go again, I hate them Fast-drivers. Makes me hurried. Sweaty, anxious, aggregated. Damn spellcheck, aggrevated too. If I stop you're gonna bash me. If I move over, you win. If I slow way down you may shoot me. Damnit darnit, no win.

QuikTrip, Kwik Trip, RaceTrac, Kum & Go, In-N-Out,.... Get that damn raisin that's buying 17 different scratch-offs outta the way, I'm in a hurry!

James Brown said "I feel good", me too, when I'm at any of the above stores, or Piggly or Wally and I arrive simultaneously to the checkout with another, I'll say, "Go ahead. I'm retired." I mean it literally with a pinch of envy-drawing smartassedness thrown in.

Victor, hurry. Dragging. Got places to go, people to see.

OK, sure. 

I would never be as mundane or 'do as I say' to close with something like:

"You're only here for a short visit. Don't hurry, don't worry. And be sure to stop to smell the flowers along the way " Walter Hagen

Why? Why Victor would you not say that? Trite? Get accused of preaching again.

F (for goodness sakes) no. Because my luck, there'd be a bee in the flower and I'd be left to hurry up and wait for the swelling to go down.

Geezers unite. Slow down. Enjoy life, unless ya gotta pee, then run ...er, or, hurry.

Damnit. Wet spot, hurry up and dry 

Love, Peace and Soul (remember Soul Train?)

Or, as Cowboy Bob signed off his kids radio show and was in a hurry to get outta there and he forgot to turn off the mike.. (Victor, you've told this one before)...

Ahm... Or, as Cowboy Bob signed off his kids radio show and was in a hurry to get outta there and forgot to turn off the mike... "There..that oughta please the little bastards "

Love, Victurd


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks..........

 Once again, I made the dreaded mistake of, strolling, page by page thru the newspaper.  I do so virually every morning, and.... as I finall...