Friday, August 4, 2023

Fitteen.........

I can see it, hear it, as if it were yesterday. Dominoes, aka Bones, Eastern Airlines breakroom, Kansas City, MO. Twas a wonderful job, four or five flights within an 8 hour period, oh, working fairly hard for 30 minutes or so on each.

The resta the time, breaktime. We'd have time to eat breakfast.  Walk the terminal upstairs looking for interesting people, aka, very pretty ladies. Snooze. Play spades, pitch, solitaire, tell war stories, you name it, we did it.  "FITTEEN" in dominoes, I truthfully don't even remember exactly, how to play, but I think it was a really, really good score, SLAMMED down the domino that made the ends add up to FITTEEN, holler same, FITTEEN, pat yourself on the back (akin to a bat flip/stare when hitting a long, fer sure homer). I think I remember that the other players must then grab another tile.  Again, beena longtime, I forget, I just know it was a happy time, and for goodness sakes, we needs them.

Fitteen is interesting. Take Patrick Mahomes for instance.  Fitteen different arm slots to throw the ball, fitteen possible connectors, when you add up 7 wide receivers, 4 tight ends, 3 running backs and a tackle eligible.  All, whilst wearing #15.

Quince.  That be fitteen in Es Spanol'.  This ain't got much to do wit' dat, but, on a side note, football player Chad Johnson, who wore #85, had his name legally changed to Ochocinco, but, that ain't really 85 in Spanish. That's Ochenta y cinco.  Oops.

15 you can get your permit to drive, but, golf courses require that you be 16 before you can drive a cart and play bumper cars, because that's what 16 year olds do.  Victurd, that was judgmental.  Sue me. Take me to court, maybe they'll gimme fitteen to life for saying that. Fitteen outta sixteen times, that's what 16 year olds do between errant shots.

Fitteen is the legal drinking age in Ethiopia. Good gosh I hope they don't have golf courses there, otherwise, bumper cars would become demolition derbies.  You can drive a moped in some countries at fitteen. In the UK you can be sent to prison at age 15.  Right, right, you're bloody well right, LOCK HIM UP, he put a HUGE dent in that golf cart.

In rugby union, whatever that is, you have fitteen players on the field at any given time. Side note, they say it takes leather balls to play rugby, never tried.  In both forms of gridiron football (American and Canadian) standard games are played in 15 minute quarters - which, confuses me, 'cause if ya ask for change for a quarter, I expect to get TWO dimes and a nickel, not fitteen cents. Don't make cents.

If ya got an emergency in Pakistan, ya dial 15 (insteada 911). The atomic number for phosphorus is fitteen. Ain't that the stuff, when we, as wet behind the ears 15 year olds usedta do experiments in science class and it STUNK to high heaven?  

15 degrees Fahrenheit ya need long undies, two paira socks, thick boots, heavy parka, ski pants, and onea them knitted beanies. 15 degrees Celsius (Fitty-nine in Farenheit) you can play golf semi-comfortably.

Boring crap: 15 is a composite number, the sixth semiprime, a deficient number (but not in dominoes), a smooth number (uh huh, in dominoes), a lucky number (scroll to shouted "FITTEEN"!) and a bell number, forgive me Mrs. Schumacher I forget what that is.

$15. Soon I head to my favorite breakfast joint.  It usedta be a little house, holds a little more than fitteen customers, and for under $FITTTEN dollars I get breakfast, can smoke cigs (I know I know), read paper, do Sudoku and most of the Universal Crossword Puzzle include tip, and, stare, flirt with perty waitresses.  Side note, my buddy T-Bird, his IQ has gotta be at least 15 more than mine, he does the NY Times Crossword puzzle TO COMPLETION every day, huh uh, not me. I hate/love him.

Fifteen. Fifteen days of buildup for recent Taylor Swift concert. I understand she has a song entitled "Fifteen."  Wonder if she plays dominoes?  Not with Travis Kelce anyways, but maybe.

We gotta buddy.  Sure you got one like him.  Fitteen minutes late, wherever, whenever he goes anywhere.  We gotta 2:30 tee time, "(Enter the guy who's always late here) our tee time is two-FITTEEN."

"I'd marry again if I found a man who had FITTEEN million dollars, would sign over half to me, and guaranteed that he'd be dead withing a year." Bette Davis

That's all I have to say about that.

Love, Victurd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

90 feet.

If you're astute ..........  no that ain't it. If you're a student of the game, then you know....   Baseball Ray...  90 feet is ...