Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Bree........

Blog #2 today, sorry, kinda.  At least it ain't about whatsherSitsInAnArrowheadSuiteName.

TMI.

As I age, as the 401K dwindles, Victor, TMI, I already mentioned that.  As costs rise (other things won't, oops).. Seniors like me look for ways to cutback.

Having a really really good Spectrum cable rate (compared to others I visited with) I still felt the all fleeting urge to cut the cord.  Did.

Got T-Mobile Wifi for fitty dolla' a month, then, would pick streaming package.

Called Spectrum to cancel.  Oh no oh no, please don't leave us, here's what we can do.

We'll give you the Wifi... AND... you can pick 15 channels, stream them using our streaming package, AND, you still get the local channels.  And your TOTAL cost will be $80.  Holy guacamole.

Hello, T-Mobile?  Nevermind.  Switched (back) to Spectrum, this time, streaming, cut cord.

While you're on the phone, what do you pay for your cell service?  Fitty bucks, Cricket, love 'em. Ain't never had any problems. Well, for $29.99 (fingernails on the chalkboard, I heard and reheard that guy's obnoxious voice from the commercials.. sorry to call you obnoxious, but not really)... for $29.99 we can give you the same thing.

Scroll to rising costs, dwindling 401K.  "OK, I'll switch."

Good service................ for a bit.........

Then, I'd dial a number, nuttin' would happen, I'd have to restart the phone.  Then it'd work.

Text a person, it wouldn't go thru.  Restarted the phone, text would go thru. Time and time again, and restart and restart again. Color me, and I would think anyone, flustered.

This ain't right, I wanna go back to Cricket.  Called Spectrum recording, YES, you got my number right that's where I'm calling from. Another recording, and said lovingly in my Rhonda #1 voice "REPRESENTATIVE" close to the top of my cig infested lungs.  OK, but first, gimme your 4 digit security code.  I forgot it.  That's ok, "Hi, my name is Sal"

Nice guy. Apologized for my probs, told "there are two things we can try... One, hang up, power off, I'll send a reset to your phone.  Leave it off for 5 minutes.  Then restart, try. If that doesn't work, call us back. "K, thanks."

Didn't work. Hadta restart phone each,  every time I would trial to dial a number, text a friend. Too late at night, I'll call again in the AM.

After 6 cups of coffee, an hour of blog writing, reading the Sports, peeing (I think) 5 times..  ring...ring.. check that.. RESTART phone then, ring ring.  "I see you're calling from 816... YES".. OK, please tell us why you are calling, you can say things like (Interject, "REPRESENTATIVE"..)  Ok, you want to speak to a representative. (This is fun, I can't wait  for AI.)  "Tech Support".

"Hi this is Bree, how can I assist you today?"   She was fun, happy.  Oft times, those two go together, but it's that third one you throw in there (fun, happy, and at work) that are difficult to attain.  Must be a juggler too, she attained all three at once.

"Regarding the 4 digit password, I can help you fix that right now if you like?"  Cool, YES!

In five or so minutes on the phone with her, she demonstrated fun, was very helpful, but I figured younger than 42 so I behaved. THE HELL VICTOR?  42?  Yeah, one of my crazy buddies, one day we were talking about creepy old men, and he said "It's ok, here's what you do.. you take your age, you divide it in half, then you add 7, and that's the youngest age gal you should approach, and it's OK to."

He's nuts. I'm 70. Halfa that is 35, add 7 = 42. There ain't no way in Timbukto or anywhere I'm gonna approach someone that young, which way to Golden Acres?

Cept Bree.. she was fun...  (and I repeat, I wouldn't, didn't flirt, just had fun. She was that.  She mentioned an IT thing they did recently that had caused some problems, she could fix.  "Go ahead and hang up, try a couple of test texts, dial a couple of numbers, I'll call you back and we'll see if I was able to fix it."

Did.  Worked.  First one, I did have to restart. From then on, two successfull test texts to some guy named Vic Schultze... then, two successful phone calls (one to my chiropractor's office, knew I'd get a recording.. and another to the Master Control Clock to see what the correct time was.. . .must be discontinued, no answer, but, it did ring thru without me having to restart my phone.

By George (Bree) I think you've got it.

So, fun Bree calls back.  Stupid Victor answers "Pizza Hut, would this be dine in or carry out."  Success, she laughed s'more.  I reported my results to her, thank her profusely.  She was appreciative, again apologized, then went into the spiel she's sposeta read "In the future, should you experience any problems, you can always logon to Spectrum dot" And I stopped her dead in her tracks.

"Nope, if I have any more problems, I'm gonna call Bree."

Laughter.  I've noticed, even in crap times, one can have fun. I like fun.  And Bree.

Wonder how old she really is.

Love, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks..........

 Once again, I made the dreaded mistake of, strolling, page by page thru the newspaper.  I do so virually every morning, and.... as I finall...