Sunday, November 5, 2023

One, two, three, four, five... Everybody in the car, so come on, let's ride

One, two, one, two, three..  huh?  Yes, insomnia scene this morning. I went to Time.gov website this morning at (the first) 1:59am. videoed the clock as it struck 1:59.59, then, it wenta 1:00.00. But, just prior to it doing so, a fly landed on my damn screen so... I'd posted it, then thought, nah.. and trashed it.  Shoo fly, don't bother me. Mambo number one, two, one, two, three... a little bit of housefly... .eh, nvmd.

One, two, buckle my shoe, three, four, knock on the door...

Mom, or dad, with Pavlov trained children who know, once the counting starts, they'd better git their booty in gear and 'do what they say'........"ONE... TWO..."  Yain't never seen kids move so fast since 3:47am Christmas morning.

Children in a straight line.  Coach counting off "1, 2... 1, 2.. 1,2...1,2..." so, after you're labeled a one or a two, jualah, the teams are formed, "One's are up first, two's in the field."  Prior to coach counting, ya finagle your place in the line so you can be on the same team with the person who kicks the kickball the farthest, or, mebbe Jenny, who you've had a three year crush on starting in kiddygarten when you were five.

You "count your chickies", life runs on as good.. then, flat tire, two-hunnerd dolla', or, defensive back comes outta nowhere, pick 6, so, you imitate Buford T. Justice "You sumbitch!"

One, two...  you count sheep. (It don't work)

First, Second, Third... or.. . on the 3rd.  Huh?  Yeah, you old farts, we're talking Social Security. I was not aware, until friggin' insomnia set in today, the 'why/when' of the date we get Social Security checks. "Birthday 1st thru 10th, you get check on second Wednesday... Birthday 11th thru the 20th, you get check on third Wednesday.. .Birthday 21st thru the 31th, you get check on the fourth Wednesday."  Victor, what's that crap about "or, on the 3rd."  Yep, if you started receiving SS prior to 1997, then you always get your check on the 3rd day of the month.  Or, I guess if you're enrolled in a Medicare Savings Plan, you get it that day as well.

1, 2, 3 and 4 (that's the number of old fart Googlers now Googling "Medicare Savings Plan" because "I'd like to get my check on the same date every month."  Me too.

One, two... Buddy o' mine and his wifey gleefully went to the Doc for the sonogram (or mebbe daughterogram, they weren't sure.)  Doc said "Now here's the arms... down here the legs... and over here is the other one."  Yep, twins.  Mambo jombo.  "A little bit of Monica in my (our) life, a little bit of Erica by my (our/her) side." Or, Timmy, Tony... or Johnny, Jenny..  or, I guess if you didn't wanna know, you could do two pinatas on your reveal.

One, two, three and four.. . Let's see, car keys  check, billfold, check, cell phone, check, teeth, check, good to go to breakfast Victor!

1st, 2nd, 3rd. Right now, it's Ohio State, Georgia, Michigan. 1st, 2nd, 3rd. Gold, Silver, Bronze in the Olympics.  Except...except when, back in the day, whenever the Ruskies would compete head to head with the US, if, they 'lost', headlines were "RUSSIA 2nd!  USA next to last!"

One, two...  Wordle attempts.  To show for it, you have 9 grey squares and a a yellow E. Damnit darnit, they're gonna beat me again.

One, two... we have one mouth and two ears so we can listen twice as much as we speak. THANK GOODNESS for 26 keyboard keys, sorry, kinda sorta, not really.

One, two...  speakinokeyboards.. my mama, who typed hella fast, usedta do the typing drill "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of our Country." It was a typing drill from 1918. By 1970, when I was a Senior in HS, that one line drill took me about three minutes.. uh huh, basta's put masking tape on all the letters cause I kept peekin.'

One, two.. "If you love two people at the same time, choose the second, because if you really loved the first one you wouldn't have fallen for the second one."  Johnny Depp... Go go, go Johnny go.. go go, go Johnny go.. NO. Wait a sec Johnny. Faulty logic.  Whyinthehell should #2 stay in a relationship with someone that loved both #1 and #2?  If this person (the one that loves one/two) should dump numero uno, whatinthehell is to stop him (or her) from also loving #3 then? I call Daylight Savings BS.. (you know, 1, 2, then Fall Back to 1.) 

One, two. "You come to the fork in the road, take it."  Well said Yogi.

One, two. (Astro bat to trashcan, one'th by fastball, two'eth by curve.) 

One, two. (Me counting normal amount of dollar bills in my billfold.)

One, two. (Me, counting my buddy's golf strokes after he swung and missed the first time.)

One, two, one.  (Daylight savings time, oh, and me, counting my strokes, not counting the swing and miss 'cause hopefully they'll think it was a practice swing.)

One, two, three, four, five (The beginning of Mambo #5 and also the # of times I've had to go pee writing this.)

One, two. (Thanks to both of you that swung by to read my blog today.)

123123.  The hell Victor?  Well, that happens to be the date (12/31/23) I get the help outta Dodge and I arrive in Sunny Mehico. What better?  New Year's Eve.  Chiefs play the Bengals that day.. and, I'll be in Mehico for ONE full month. (Koolaid koolaid no puede esperar, que tenía un sabor muy bueno, eh, you know)

One, thanks again.

Two...hmm.. I know I wrote it down somewhere..  oh, here it is, under my teeth. "Be well"

I wonder if Jenny is married, I've thought about her once or twice since 3rd grade.

Love, Victurd



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Old Lady that Swallowed the Fly.......

I know an old lady She swallowed a fly But I don't know why She swallow the fly I guess she'll die Victor...... why do you put us th...