Sunday, December 3, 2023

Chuck Taylors....... Skechers... Hoka... and Uggs......

Well, who are you? (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
I really wanna know (who are you? Who, who, who, who?)Tell me, who are you? (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)'Cause I really wanna know (who are you? Who, who, who, who?)

Victor?  Yes?  You already did that one.

Kinda sorta I guess.

It's been noted here... From many days, blogs, of having my 200+ lb fatty booty sitting in this chair - that - whenever I write something ABOUT ME, folks 'take off' as if there's a rabid dog loose in the neighborhood. 

Frankly my dear(s), I don't blame you.  I can't take back any blogs, but mebbe I can ask... "Oh who are the people in your neighborhood, in your neighborhood, in your neighborhood... Say, who are the people in your neighborhood, the people that you meet each day

OK, I guess.  But, whatsup with all the shoes?

I'm so glad you asked.  It's about the diversity of us all.. Different towns, cities, situations, size of houses, apartments, what kinda cars we drive, how we live... married, divorced, widowed.  Whether or not we're night owls, underweight, overweight, don't mind waits, get impatient in lines, drive the speed limit, drive like crazy, take the backroad, scenic way - or, GPS 'get me there the fastest damn way.'

Or, as my Mother said (VICTOR!!! RABID DOG LOOSE, REMEMBER?  THIS AIN'T ABOUT YOU, WE'LL RUN!)..  ahem.. I get it... but first, as my mom said (after a massive stroke at age 57), "Different strokes for different folks."

Well, who are you? (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)I really wanna know (who are you? Who, who, who, who?)Tell me, who are you? (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)'Cause I really wanna know (who are you? Who, who, who, who?)

Wasn't it Romper Room where the lady with the microphone would stare into the camera and say "I see Carl.. and Tommy.. and Julie... and Sara.. and" yada on and on.

The view from your shoes, I'd like to see that.  Can only imagine.  I see a great lover of Baseball, God.. I see a guy (and his spouse) who snowbird in Mehico five months a year, very much worked for, deserving of..   I see a buddy who has a twin, and a wonderfully wicked sense of humor...

I see a guy who, loves to cage Tigers, and, I'm certain, in his work (to trade shows) awakens fairly frequently to ask "where the heck am I today?"  I see the BEAUTY of Rocky Mountain high, let's jump on the snowmobile and take a spin!  The beauty of the Pacific Northwest, nudged just a bit further East, to a very fun, friendly city, green thumb flowers about the yard.

I sit back and watch my 'buddy', pun maybe intended, one of the nicest, most respectful folks I know, who happens to be 'owned by' maybe the most popular hound on Facebook.  And then there's an insomniac in SoCal who, if I read the dictionary front to back, back to front, studied it for twelve years, I could still NEVER have his wonderful vocabulary skills.  The cherry on top of that is that he's the bestus compliment giver outter I ever met.

A guy they call Big'N who made a basketball shot a hunnerd and twelve years ago (jk friend) that was heard around the world and still comes up when he ventures back home from his now mostly tropical climate. The morning pig picture, Bernie lady who always spreads good cheer. Oh yeah, two (wunnerful) nieces who I pay to read this.

The other day I mentioned "the four of you" that come here.. OK, mebbe one or two more.  Like life, I'm certain (or hope) there are those that wanna remain anonymous, back row of the church service, outta the limelight, it's just me folks. If I missed anyone, tweren't with intent.

Within our walks, I know there is struggle, love, pets of pets,  We drive different roads.  We have no, some, several kids, grandkids, bedrooms, stories to our house, stories of our lives.. much.. We're different, thus, we're alike.

Common bonds are like glue.  Kindness. Happiness (or the quest therein), Fun. Old body/young brain. Music seems to fit in there somewhere.  We can dance, can't dance, wanna dance, wouldn't dare dance in fronta anyone. Karaoke? Hand me the mic, hell to the no, ok, but only if it's a duet.

We're different, but the same.  That's our city, town.. country, World.. .life.

I see, witness, feel patience.  Love of all mankind. Love of family.  With a pinch of pervert thrown in.  DON'T you say "huh uh", I seen it!  Heard you laugh.  My son says with blue ray or however you spell it, you can do that, hear that. You know, like Romper Room.

We see, go back to wedding pics. Some, long ago.  Point being, from that pic, those pics, there be more folks on the planet. We take a look at them now.. and wonder..  Forty years from now what they'll look like.

We'll be gone then.  But we pray, hope, good has slipped thru the cracks. Kindness.  Happiness. Love of animals, people. Levity, fun, dance to the music. Nice, nice people.  Forty years from now. Far out.  FAR OUT.

Big car, little car, SUV, F one fitty, Mustang Sally, beater with a driver's window that won't roll down that makes you get fast food passer outers glare at you (VICTOR!  RABID DOG LOOSE, STOP).. haha, yoke on you, I gotta different car, my bank teller loves me now.

Bottom line, Chuck Taylors..  Skechers..  Hoka... Uggs.. 

Regardless of... once the snotnose trick or treaters passed thru.. you decorated EVERY inch of the house for Christmas..  gotta ten foot tree that's uniquely placed in that spotta the house that allows that...........

Or, you got word "can you watch your grandson today from when he gets outta school until 10pm or so, soooooooooo, you run to Wally World, buy a ten inch tree, five little bitty ones, a 'tree curtain', one strand of multicolored lights, twenty dolla total, and say "that'll do".. 

We're together.  Scattered about, woven by Midwestern heart. We pick each other up when the surf, snow drift, winds across the Plains knock us down. Enjoy is a word, I believe, we all love. Ham and eggs.. with our cheese that occasionally slides off the cracker.....

Merry Christmas, friend...

Love, Victurd








No comments:

Post a Comment

Kansas City Whine.........

If you took notes... HA! Victor, that's a good one! Best usage of this rag of a blog might be to print, save, what should the shelves of...