Friday, December 1, 2023

If you want to be happy for the rest of your life.........

(Time out on the lyrics for a sec).....

If you lead a very boring life (just kidding, kinda).. If you lead a very boring life (witness the fact you wake up and read this blog).. Thanks.

And for yesterday.  It kinda was a Debbie Downer blog.  Borrowing from Homer Simpson, "SHE DID IT!"  OK, OK, it was me. I'm sorry.

Once, or mebbe 457 times here, it's been mentioned life is..........  a teeter totter...   rollercoaster... we get knocked down, but we get up again..  what goes up must come down, and vice versa I guess..  

Heck, on everything, it took Goldilocks three tries...   Tiger Woods prolly hit one in the woods, ne'er to find again....  Jackson Mahomes prolly beat Patrick Mahomes in a driveway game of one on one.  I even bet Taylor Swift had acne once and her voice cracked a time or ten. That The Rock even had to stop and ask someone for help in  picking something up.

IT happens (Leaving off the first two letters, S & H).  Stymie halt (THAT, that's what my sister uesedta say to, me thinks, purposely get on my nerves when we were in any kinda athletic encounter and she wanted to stop play. But hey, stymie halt (for a sec) - do you remember S & H Green Stamps?  Me too! My dad sold 'em!

Where was I?  Oh yeah, Liberty, Missouri, sitting behind this nifty Dell laptop I bought on Craigslist for fitty dolla'.  And........ was kinda sorta apologizing for the depressing post comparing college sports nowadays to relationships nowadays.  The Beatles song "I'm a Loser" comes to mind, so to that, I'm gonna shake a tailfeather, teeter the udder way, smile as I ride the roller coaster and worry about my head hitting a steel girder... I got knocked down, I'm gonna get up again.

Soooooooooooooooooo   I Googled, "Songs that make you happy."

I seen James Brown and I FEEL GOOD (like I knew that I would, could, one day will, am.) I'm a grammar nerd. I see people write "I seen" and I kinda giggle, then, I say to myself, "Victor, you idiot, they mighta been asleep in Freshman English Class, but let's compare your 401K to theirs, OK?" Lesson learned, right you are, I seen the light. I feel good. Thanks.

Billy Wither's Lovely Day...  Yes, I know it's a love story, hey, that's cool.  We all have different tastes, but any time I hear Mr. Wither's voice, it's calming, happy, lean on me Victurd.  Thanks Bill.

Then Mr. Freddie Mercury sang "Don't Stop Me Now" I'm having such a good time, I'm having a ball, don't stop me now, If you wanna have a good time, just give me a call. Yeah, starting to feel better.

Then there was them Isley Brothers and "SHOUT!"  Color me a simpleton. I like crowds. I like jukeboxes. I'm too tight to put another nickel in (kinda like, Victurd, what's your favorite beer?  Other people's).. but boy howdy, I'm here to tell you --------- when this song is played, 35 butts in chairs immediately become 70 feet on the floor a dancin' and a jivin'.  Yum Goldilocks, far out Maynard.

Them Rascals spouted "It's a Beautiful Morning"... Stymie Halt. (Yes, remember my sister said that?  First, I loved her like crazy, I know ya know). Anyways, on Facebook, my buddy Nancy (she has REALLY good, fun, make me laugh posts).. she posted of an alarm clock that's actually like a small door mat.. ya keep it beside your bed, and when it goes off, ya gotta get up, stand on it to get it to go off.  You know, like "Git yur butt up and go."  Me thinks this gadget could be enhanced by adding a playlist of these songs.. so, when ya begrudgingly say "Oh alight, I'll get up, step on it to turn the damn thing off", BUT THEN.. it'd play I FEEL GOOD, Lovely Day, You know you make me want to SHOUT..  It's A Beautiful Morning, or,Don't Stop Me Now, I' m having such a good time.

Knowing me though, I'd prolly pee my pants before the song was over because when I awaken, it's a race to the loo. Victor?  Urine idiot, this blog is SPOSETA be positive after that yuck thing yesterday. #1, you're right, sorry.

All Ya Need Is Love........  Happy...  Don't Worry Be Happy.....  Here Comes The Sun... Ain't No Mountain High Enough..   Good Vibrations...  YMCA.....

THEN............ (after ya go pee).....

Food. Color my belly round, I loves me some food, makes me happy.  Scrambled Eggs. Sausage. PANCAKE.  Orange slices.. Taters... 

Then....... a bit outta order, but, express thanks for another day.  Hey, Google reminds me 150,000 that were here yesterday, ain't today.  THANK YOU FOR ANOTHER DAY.

Nature.  Peek out that door.  Look at all the colors!  Green, orange, reds, all kinda shades of brown.. VICTOR? Yes?  It's still dark out. Oh, OK.  Howl at the moon then bad boy!  It's perty too!  Every storm runs out of rain, just like every dark night turns into day. (Unless, Victor, you live in Alaska. Give it a rest Sonny, the sun'll come out sometime, right Annie?)  I love me some gingers.

Are you happy yet?  It's almost Christmas!  Family.  Brisk, wake me up temps.  Little kids galore, delight allover!  NYE, the ball drops. (Eh, happens whenya get older).  THEN......

Then, ifn's we're lucky, our tootsies turned off the alarm, we DANCEd TO THE MUSIC........ we getta do another year!  An even one.  EVEN A TERM POLICY? No, an even year.  One that even has a February 29. (Stymie halt.. if you live in Missouri, and you gotta license your car that was made in an odd year, you know, a 2013 Pilot, or a 1999 Sable, a 1971 Gremlin, Ya ain't gotta get an inspection in an EVEN year.... Victor?  Yes?  Tea/China?  Just to save someone 13 trips to places and asking "You got time for an inspection?"  NO. (Fancy for, we make $12.50 on an inspection, be for real.)

Upon further review....... or........ inspection.  Life ain't bad.  It's what we make of it.  Sure, we get knocked down, but we get up again.

Good follows bad.  No storm, not even the one in our life, can last forever.

Wake up and smell the roses. Victor, I'll pee my pants if I do that. OK, then, wake up, go pee, then come back and stand on the mat.

I'm gonna get me onea them alarm mats.  I seen one on Amazon. Then I'm gonna try to figure out how I can somehow put those happy songs inside 'em. I'll call Moffitt. He can do anything.

You know you (and life) make me want to SHOUT (in a very good way), kick my heels up and SHOUT, Throw my hands up and SHOUT, throw my head back and SHOUT, Come on now, SHOUT!

If you want to be happy for the resta your life, never make a pretty woman your wife. VICTOR!  Enough! It's a new day!

Take two aspirin and call me in the morning. Or, step on the mat. Then ya ain't gotta.  I wonder if Amazon takes S & H Green Stamps, I seen somea dad's in the garage.

Love, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sittin' here in la la.......

Plagiarized, rearranged, inverted, absurded... all that... with kinda sorta apologies to the KC Star writer regarding today's article ab...