Friday, December 22, 2023

Order in the Court 'cause here comes the Judge.......

Your day.......  How does it start?  First thing?  What's the order?

Is it.........  Fido's cold nose on your cheek? "Take me outside NOW or I'll be forced to squat (or lift leg) on the living room carpet."

Or mebbe.........  Kitty's kneading claws repetitively pressing up, down, up, down on your chest, the claws finally digging thru your PJ's for an "ouch."  They don't needta run out to pee... they have their own ORI right there in the laundry room.  They don't need fed, 'cause you got enough food in their bowl for them until NYE..  They just want you up... because they're up.  Their sense of order.  Cats are like that, yeah they are.

Tiptoe. I'm guessing that's how some'a ya get up... not wanting to wakeup your mate.. or kids.. or grandkids.. First order....... ssssshhhhhhh...........

Me?  Of course it's my bladder. Ugly-thirty, I MUST PEE. Run don't walk.

Then, what's next?  Food?  COFFEE?  Tea?  Or mebbe partner says "Me!"

I have friends..  good friends.. (I know, hard to believe eh?)... Anyways, order IS their life. Same, same, same, same ole, daily.  You can set your watch to their carrying on, events, do this, then that... and of course next will be... Day... after day... after day...  Same  bat channel... the next day.

I envy them above.  I am, admittedly, a horrible planner. My boss referred to me as "Mr. Sticky Note" because I had mebbe thirty of 'em affixed around my computer edge, on the desk next to my mouse, on the left by my coffee cup..reminders..  my planners...  Until I finally caught up with a 'reminder app' recently, I had sticky notes on my billfold.  Uh huh, sadly true. "Dr appt Tues 9a", "Tee time Wed 10am", etc. I am a chocolate mess, and yes, my school notebook proudly 'leaked out' the most dogeared pages, subject after subject. I HATE (but oh so desire) organization.

The newspaper. Where's it sit in order of importance?  Is it there at all? My order, pee, make coffee.. check Facebook for "Did I really post that last night?" (Followed by either "whew" or "oh s*it."}  Then, since it's by now Ugly-forty-five, way too dadgum early for the real newspaper to hit the sidewalk, I must do the E paper thingy.

Life IS all about order... or, lack thereof. My brain, your brain, your partner, my lackapartner. Your (one? two? three?) hounds?... Fat cats?  Or, are you a "roll back over" until a sensible time, or, heaven forbid, the dreaded alarm clock?

Good sense, innocence, cripplin' mankind, dead kings, many things I can't define...  Occasions, persuasions clutter my mind... Incense and peppermints, the color of time (ie, sense of order.)

So.  (A needle pulling thread.)  So, (if) ya look at the newspaper? What order?  Politics? (Achhooooo, nomme).. Business?  Local junk?  Horoscope (so you can figure out what kinda day/mood you're gonna have?)..  Health.. Opinion?  Keep life light, Cartoons first? NY Times crossword puzzle? (If so, I hate you, jk, kinda.  I ain't smart, no can do.  The Universal one, mebbe 75% finish it.. sometimes I cheat, look up a clue I can't figure out.) Is cheating in your order of life?

Sports. I go to Sports.  Uh huh. Simpleton.  It (Sport) has loomed large in my life. Played em all, accomplished at none.  Coached most, eh, was so so.  PE major (Boy I picked a moneymaker degree eh?)

Order in the Sport 'cause here comes the pages.  Like 85 articles of 'em this morning I think. I DO enjoy the online sports of the KC Star, because the hardcopy paper that will soon hear the carrier toss on the sidewalk, well... the Sports in it (the hardcopy) are news from like, November or something. I think they're just getting to Kadarius's One Toe Over The Line for Sweet behoogity sakes.

Their (E) order...  NFL (most popular sport, thus, generally pages 1, 2, 3.  Royals.  KU. KU.  KU. KU. (Cough, spit, cough, enough already.) Local sports. Gametimes, schedules. Betting lines. Other NFL teams. Baseball Ray, other teams, hella yen being spent in LA. S'more KU KU KU KU. (Honey?  Have you seen the Pepto-Bismol?  Victor?  Yeah?  You're not married. Oh yeah, I'll go look for it myself then.)

Then, Basketball Jones, College, then NBA.  Golf. LPGA, finally, the misogynists have an article on Women's Sports. Then, Tennis. Hockey. Nascar. Finally, Soccer. (Sorry Pup, it was last today.) Apologies to WWF or whatever you're called nowadays, crickets.

I read every inch, which is fancy for, usually 'headline only'. Click, next. Click, next. Events of the day?  Exuberant areya?  Meh? Somewhere in the middle?

Life. What's your order?   Religion?  Work? Money money money, in the rich man's world. Ahm, stealing from Bob Dylan... it ain't me babe. Wi$h it was, taint. 

Work? Friends? Hobbies? Leisure goodies? Victor, you left out family and health.  Oh yeah, sorry, did.  Not on purpose.

Are you amphibious? Victor? Yeah? Land and, or water?  Oh, sorry. I meant ambidextrous. Two things at once? One eye on the paper, the other on the Weatherman so you'll know how to dress? Butter the toast whilst the skillet scrambles your eggs. Threebidextrous? Toast, eggs, bacon?

I gotta buddy.. FIRST THING... EVERY day. Goes online to look at his bank account. That, ahm, to me, sounds depressing, eh.  I asked him, "How come?"  I wanna make sure my account hasn't been hacked, that I'm not getting some charge/fee, subscription cost I forgot to cancel, yada.  I thought that was kinda goofy, different, but, eh, ok. Then, one day I decided to do it. I found two charges for things I'd forgotten to cancel. Scroll to dogeared notebook, not smart, etc.  Scroll to a previous blog, Oh Well,

"A cannibal is a person who walks into restaurant and orders a waiter." Morey Amsterdam

"Action expresses priorities." Mahatma Gandhi

"Good things happen when you get your priorities (order) straight." Scott Caan.

Order in the Court 'cause here comes the judge.

We are human.  We all have our order, and priorities therein. God. Mates. Family. Friends. Work. Money, I guess. Pets, much. Sports. Gardening. Sewing. Books. Travel. Cooking. We rank 'em, mebbe subconsciously. Like Mahatma said, those actions express our priorities. 

I see two big holes to alla the above.  Self and Love.  We can love ALL of the above, or mebbe at least most.  Self Love is critical to life.  I hope you love yourself.

I do (love you.. and I guess me too, try as I might upon occasion!!)

Love, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks..........

 Once again, I made the dreaded mistake of, strolling, page by page thru the newspaper.  I do so virually every morning, and.... as I finall...