Saturday, December 9, 2023

Ya got me going in circles........

Or mebbe...  Wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round.

Two days after he left a good job in the City (The National Guard) John Fogerty wrote about Proud Mary (he combined the a couple songs together, one of which was abouta washerwoman Mary).. Big Wheels keep on turning, Proud Mary keep on burnin', rollin', rollin', rollin' on the river. Tina rolled in two years later, big hit for her and Ike too.

143,000,000 bikes are bought every year. A few years back, I even bought me one at Wally.  Already assembled, I rolled it up to the checkout. It twas around Christmas time.. Rolling it to my car one lady approached me and said "Oh some little boy is really going to enjoy that!"  Uh huh.

In case you ever wondered, them big ole Monster trucks... the ones ya gotta pole vault to get in 'em.. tires, EACH, run anywhere from $1500 to $3000 apiece. Holy guacamole I've owned cars for way, way less.

Bumps in the road no matter what you drive..  potholes too.. but ain't it fun, being a crotchety old person, now entitled to bitch about 'em?  Uh huh, tis.  Drove over a pothole in our fair City recently, literally jarred my belly fat up and down six times.. I IMMEDIATELY drove home, got on the City's website, prolly wrote too many words explaining, griping, with the location of where it was.. (City actually has a form, specifically for this, emails it right away)... I was actually kinda looking forward to driving past it for a week or so of inaction on City behalf, going to the "Liberty, Together We're Stronger" thingy on Facebook, to, gripe, write "I EMAILED THE CITY 6, (8, 10) days ago about that pothole and it still ain't been fixed!..  Lo and behold., the morning after I reported it, they fixed it.

Everything comes full circle, at least that's how David Clayton-Thomas explained it when he wrote Spinnin' Wheel:  What goes up must come down,  Spinnin' wheel got to go 'round, Talkin' 'bout your troubles, it's a cryin' sin, Ride a painted pony, let the spinnin' wheel spin.

Simpletons.  Us simpletons, all 70-something, gather fairly frequently to Watch The Wheel.  As Vanna turns over the letters, we blurt potential answers in hopes of becoming the day's Hillbilly Wheel of Fortune winner.  One guy is sooooo good, last time he won like the 6th puzzle in a row someone hollered out "IT'S A REPEAT! No fair! He's seen it before!"

We give.  Why did you write about wheels today?  Because I thoughta hamster wheels. That obnoxiously  squeaky sound of the little lad spinning and spinning and getting nowhere. No idea coming to mind. (Victor, might be a good time to take a day off.. Uh huh, what I thought too).  It's like being in neutral. Driving up a hill on ice, or, in an old clunker with rear wheel driver. The hurrieder ya go, the more you sit and spin.  Did your kids have a Sit N Spin?

Round round get around I get around. Set the wheels in motion. I find, a tad harder the older I get. The wheels fell off the wagon of, The Chief's offense, George Santos, Elon Musk's X formallly known as Twiter, kinda sorta,, and undoubtedly will today on the Missouri Tigers men's basketball team as they invade Larryville to play KU (Tall task, like hopping in a Monster truck)..

Flat tires generally happen on Interstate, on the driver's side, a week or two after you'd really intended to signup for AAA, in the rain, when you're late for wherever you're going.

I actually kinda enjoy jumping on the electric shopping carts at WallyWorld now.  Way over the embarrassment of it all. I like to teasingly challenge similarly fat, afflicted electric shopping cart riders to a race. Some laugh, some glare, no one has taken me up on the offer yet.

Remember your first bike?  Ever nail your sister's roller-skates on a piece'a plywood and call it a skateboard? First Car?  How much'd it cost? My all-time favorite car was a yellow '71 Volkswagen convertible (black top), drove it in college.. buddies would ride on toppa the backseat as if they were Homecoming Queens.  Basta's broke the top so it wouldn't go back up.  A day or so after, I had a biology test the next day to study for, it rained, my book was floating in a 3" puddle in the floorboard of the backseat. Oh well.

Planes, Trains and Automobiles. (One'a my all time favs)..  If you could go anywhere right now, where?  Ever simply take a spin no destination in mind?  

It's a wonderful time, age of life where we can look in the rearview mirror - think of the trips, cars, family, buddies who rode in 'em withya, whereya went, what you did. Life is a good ride. Uber fun. UpLyfting. I'd better roll.  Have a wonderful day.

Love, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Old Lady that Swallowed the Fly.......

I know an old lady She swallowed a fly But I don't know why She swallow the fly I guess she'll die Victor...... why do you put us th...