Monday, January 29, 2024

Bonita sonrisa............ and Armpits......

The hell?  I'm lost...........

Uh huh, I guess it's like the constipated mathmetician.....  What?  Yeah, but(t?) he eventually worked it out with a pencil.

Apologies in advance....... I could not think of any one topic, so... I'm gonna go allover the place (Ahm, no, not constipation.)  This, that.  Sorry, kinda.

I thought about "Ends" as a topic. (Again, nothing to do do with constipation.) Most piggies are 'boob guys'... Today's Wordle players who ain't played yet, don't shoot me, but some guys are "Leggy" men.  I've always had an affinity for derrieres.  It's ok, shoot me.  (The second topic I thought of, since I've spent a dadgum month with fraternity brothers from back when Nixon was in office... about, HOW FUN that/those times were... thus, whythehell NOT act immature today... it was a blast then, WHY NOT NOW TOO?)

Ends... about to reach the enda this trip. (Fly home Saturday, Feb. 3rd.)  Travis Kelce, man, what a game our tight end had.  Somea those catches...  I can hear Frank singing "And now, the end is near"...  or mebbe, Carol Burnett singing "I'm so glad we had this time together."

Armpits.  Remember?  I toldya when I played HS basketball I was afraid to shoot because, I DID have armpit hair, but, 'cause it was blondish-light-reddish, when I raised my arm to shoot, it appeared I didn't have any... so..  didn't shoot much, and when I did/missed, it was my built in excuse as to why it didn't go in.

Armpit.  The Sea of Cortez. That Baha arm that goes South of Cali. That's where I, we, are at.  In the ampit place of Mehico.  "Cept, it's far from an armpit.  No, mebbe it ain't Cabo, Cancun, Puerta Vallarta, but it's a not nationally known secret to travelers... mostly Phoenix, Tucson, New Mexico... but... lotta Canadians.. we'll see 'plates' from CO, CA, WA, TX... but mostly AZ and Sonora <-- that be the MX State we're in.  Whatever the State, it's a dadgum fun place. Never been to them other places, but me thinks, even if I would go, I'd prefer this place.  It's a wonderful mix of, yes, condo/pool/beach, and a very nice slice of Mehicana too, ie, it ain't gated off, all inclusive. Ya get out there with the (friendly, nice, wunnerful, hard working) locals.

Ya think of Armpit, ya think of stink.  Rhyme wasn't on porpoise, but there are dolphins here too.  Anyways, a few blogs back, talked of a three year old on Santa's lap.. "Been a good girl?"  Yes, and pew your breath stinks.  Buddy of mine I usedta work with, her 4 yr old asked her the other day "Mommy, can you smell my teeth?"  And.............. scrolling back up to "the fun of acting immature".. plz don't tell..  my golf partner I always share the cart with in our foursome, is much better than me, so I always tee off before he does.  Sometimes I save up a little gas on porpoise, uh huh, fart (silently) as I hit the ball.  Then, I have hee haws once he gets to tee box, looks at me with stern face.  It's great to act 20!

The language barrier.  Many (Mexicans) here speaky good Engleshe'. Some, don't.  The other day, I strolled my afflicted, compression sock wearing butt down the elevator, went to smoke a cig just as three lovely Senorita's (assume no Engleshe') were coming to work.  They giggled as they saw me. (Ever got a pedicure and onea the gals talky in language you no unnerstand, all the others giggle, thus, you assume they're talking about you?)  Uh huh.  The Senorita's did that.  They'd say something, giggle, can't blame them.  Watching me walk is sight for sore Senorita eyes.

Peso/dollar.  Just about when I gots it figured out, they gimme the ticket for the meal in dollars.  Simpleton, I have to think a bit.  This is boring, but, most places list both peso and dollar amount, many take either.. and some, "Cash only", but, most do do (there's that 'smell thing again', do do.. Yes Victor, AND the very immature thing too.. uh huh... sorry, but not really.)..anyways, most do do that too (allow debit, credit cards.)

With all the choices here..  Tacos, quesadillas, burritos, enchilada, tamale, sopes, chalupas, yada.. of course we went for Fried Chicken last night. (And pasta, yum the lasagna) the night before.  And... the day before that, hot dogs.  Please tell me I ain't crazy.  My Gringo buddy got mad because I put ketchup on my hot dog. "YOU DON'T PUT KETCHUP ON YOUR HOT DOG, NOBODY DOES!". I no likey cusswords, but I say "Screw you...I do."  Do you?

Grocery stores.  There is no "PRESS ONE FOR ENGLISH".   All the dayum writing is in EsPanol.  You can make a list, but you ain't gonna find, anywhere, in English, anything that's on that list.  My buddy Tip, a fraternity brother, well.. actually my pledge son from, oh, 1974 or so.. he bought what he thought was sausage... mebbe had a bitta hamburger in it too.. so he could make some breakfast thingy.  Margie, BLESS Margie, our fraternity brother's wife.. she grew up in El Paso, so, she speaky the language - we lean on her.  So, Tip wanted to make sure what he had bought was sausage... Thus, he texted Margie, "I'll send you a pic of my sausage and lemme know what you think."  Aye yai yai, back to being 20-something, I laughed my watoosie off.

At the fried chicky place... it was 'on the point' looking out over the Sea of Cortez.  A perty, very, place. There musta been 600 pelicans resting on the rocks nearby. I was curious as to "why there", so, asked vely pretty Senorita who'd fetched us a Dos Equis and Tecate Lite.  She no understandy, got someone else to come over, speaky d' English, but, "no idea."  I make note of pretty Senorita's smile.  If you've been here five minutes, you know I'm HUGE on smiles...............s'more.

So......... risking having a Mexican boyfriend come up and coldcock me.. (Pretty Senorita barkeep didn't have wedding band on, so, knew she didn't have a hubby.)  As we were leaving, on my phone I went to free translation, entered "Pretty Smile" and thus, that title up there (Bonita sonrisa) popped up.  Showed her as we were leaving.  Got an even BIGGER bonita sonrisa.  No one swatted me on the way out.  Pelicans never pooped on us either.

So, in closing (THANK GOODNESS VICTOR).. what's your favorite body part?  Do your teeth stink?  Ever fart on the golf course? DO YOU PUT KETCHUP ON YOUR HOT DOGS? (Please don't answer if your answer is "no")..   Please let me know the last immature thing you've done so I won't be the Lone Immature Ranger.

Have sonrisa's.............. and sunsets too I guess.

Amar, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks..........

 Once again, I made the dreaded mistake of, strolling, page by page thru the newspaper.  I do so virually every morning, and.... as I finall...