Friday, January 12, 2024

Dos barquitos camaroneros y una perdiz en una palmera

(That be "Two shrimp boats and a partridge in a palm tree.")

Here's the "I hate when people post anything and everything they've done the previous day", so, what they hey, here's mine eh!)

Darts....... My wonderful partner Margie and I actually won two games. 3rd place, of course, only 1st and 2nd paid out.....I think Pup and Tip actually hit the board, twice............

Then, we went to trivia.. it doesn't cost, is for fun, winning team gets a free drink of their choice..  some'a the Trivia:   

Name all four members of Led Zepplin...  

Smokey Robinson and the Miracles had Motown's first million selling hit, what was the song?

Where is the highest elevation North American Capital?

What decade did the Ford Model T roll out?

What decade did DirectTV launch?

Name four of the colors in the original Crayola box of 8...

Who was the original voice of Kermit the Frog?

What does the average American do 22 times a day?

What year did the movie Close Encounters of the Third Kind debut?

(Led Z.. Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Bonham, John Paul Jones.... Smokey's hit, "Shop Around"... NA Capital, Mexico City, MX...  Ford Model T, 1908... Direct TV, 1994... crayon.. black, blue, brown, green, yellow, purple, red, orange... Kermit's voice?  None other than Jim Henson himself!..   Americans open their fridge, on average, 22 times a day, of course, our guess was fart..  Close Encounters, 1977)... 40 total questions, I forget 'em all.)

Our trivia team was middle of the pack versus 5 others...  Mr. Tipton, our secret please, he gets a big head, answered the most questions.. 

This is kinda boring.  SORRY!

I'm trying to avoid the freezer the Midwest is presently in...  I feel for ya, I really do.  I pray furnaces heat, roads are safe.. that you're warm.  I've seen, tickets to tomorrow's Chiefs/Dolpins game on sale for $54.  Geez freezin' Louise. Red (face) Friday.

Speaking of Millie...  Victor?  Yes?  No one was speaking of Millie.  Well, I do, will.  Millie, once again, is Tip's hound pooch.  I get up at 'ugly-30' every morning...  as does my youngest niece, thus, we have a (fun) Wordle grudge match. DADGUM HER!  Today she reported "ONE!"  I'm never playing her again.

Victor?  Yes?  Millie, what about Millie?  I want Millie's personality, that's what.  She wakes up wagging her tail.  I wake up grumpy, holding my thingy in hopes of making it to the john on time.  Ugg, Victor.  Eh, whatever, it's life.

I wanna be Millie because she hits the ground in a good mood. Yesterday's woes are forgotten, the excitment of the day ahead, in spite of the bowl of the same ole same ole brand of dog food.  A wiggle in her walk.  She's a cold nose nudger.  That's when, once you pet a pooch, then stop, allofa sudden you get a wet nose pushed up agin' you wanting s'more petting.  Naturally I oblige.  It's a trade off for her, putting me, in a good mood.

Amazing to me how much we learn from pooches... little snotnoses..  people from other countries.

May your Michelin's stay between the white lines...  your long johns not giveya wedges.. and that Winter looks good, from inside.

I have two friends (of seven or so total friends) who LOVE Winter.  You're weird. Can't wait for Spring Training. Green grass. Robins. Short weather.  First sunburn of the year. Golf, even if I hit it in the woods or the pond.. Windows down, playing music too loud at a stoplight so folks look atya strangely..  Motown, Zeppelin, even the Muppets beats the heck outta the F, N, S bomb music popular with young'ns today.

I don't get it.  But, I find, life's kinda like that.

Tip just corrected me.  Sometimes, Millie gets green beans on toppa her dog food.  And, even more special, sometimes she gets Whipped Cream on toppa her green beans on toppa her same ole same ole food.

Have a whipped cream day,

Love, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Old Lady that Swallowed the Fly.......

I know an old lady She swallowed a fly But I don't know why She swallow the fly I guess she'll die Victor...... why do you put us th...