Thursday, January 11, 2024

Es lo tuyo, haz lo que quieras

 I ain't no bilingual person, I simply go to freetranslation.com and I typed "It's your thing, do what you want to do."

That's the Isley Brothers from 1969.  Ain't most good music from 1969?

5 shrimp boats out this morning.  For two, maybe three days, sat on the deck, porch, balcony, whatever you call it - and looked out with amazement at how dadgum pretty the moon was peeking just above the sea...  early-thirty, 'tween dawn and sunrise... orange-ish... I think I mentioned you could see the whole dang sphere... quite a sight..  Tal vez tenías que estar aquí, which, freetranslation told me is "Maybe you had to be here."

What's your thing?  I had'a very nice person message me, glad that I've traveled, it keeps us young. She mentioned something about 'having the heart of a traveler' but, oh baby oh baby oh baby, only to have the pocketbook of a traveler, then, life would be good.  I don't hold a candle to her, she basically LIVES in Paris!

My good buddy, 50 year Ford/Claycomo employee (still working) brags of "heck, I get to travel to Pleasant Valley often."  It is fun to sit back and watch folks as they travel.  A former girlfriend, and her BFF, flew left (West) to LA, then Tokyo, then, all the way around the World. (Stops at the Taj Mahal, a 2 week ground tour of Croatia, surrounding countries.. Venice, Germany, heck, I forget where all, but, twas fun to watch their Santa like path.  Meantime, her then BF (me) watched an 8 inch tall mini schnauzer chew up a 300 page novel, a pink bra, and, one full corner of an oriental throw rug in the living room. He traveled too. (Still, loved me some Nascar - that was/is his name.)

OK, TMI, speakin' o Nascar, said GF and I broke up, I dunno, 2017 or so.  I always teased "If we break up, I want visitation rights with Nascar."  And, followed thru for awhile!  Took him on walks, to dog parks, for ice cream (don't tell).  Then, it was time to stop.  Still, to this day, if I'm driving by her place and I see him out, I stop.  It's been awhile, but when I say "Little Buddy" (excitedly, to me anyways) he then runs a hunnerd foot circle (twice) in excitement, then comes up and tackles me.  My heart!

Millie. Millie likes to travel. Millie is my buddy Tip's hound, and a wonderful Benji kinda look alike.  She's wunnerful in the backseat (Tip thought once when she was upfront she got thrown into the dash when he hit the brakes, won't sit there now).  She enjoys our 'travel' here from the 7th floor down to the area they specifically have setup for hounds to poop, pee.  She's so adept, you can leave her leash on, let it go, she'll go the elevator and wait... get off on the ground floor... head right for the poop place..  do her business, and backtrack the whole thing.  The very first time, I truly believed she was THE very smartest dog, passing 6 rooms to 'park', wait, right infronta room 702.  I bragged, to everyone.  Next day, she stopped at 705, 704, 703, finally, 702.  STILL, she's dadgum smart!

Her travel here is to bark at seagulls, go to the beach with us, chase squeaky tennis ball, get a mouthfulla sand, when the ball gets close to the water, huh huh, not used to that noise, she no likey.  We'll work on that.

Talked to a buddy that lives Iowa, has a place at the Lake of the Ozarks, then, going to spend a few weeks in Florida.  Nice.  Anudder buddy..  the Lake.. Florida (he's ambicoastrious, both Atlantic and Gulf).. New Orleans.. he says it with the emphasis on New Orleans... I love to watch him, his wifey in their trevails, then make fun of him later 'cause he hates Facebook. I share his photos with the udder guys in our foursome who hate Facebook equally as much, "see what I saw on Facebook today?"  He still likes me, I think. 

Anudder friend... small plane with wifey to Minnesota to fish.  Four high school friends, recently returned from a trip allover Europe... made me tired just watching all their stops. 

Back to Puerto Penasco. That's where I be.  Penasco is sposeta have onea those squiggly things on toppa the N... pronounced pen-YA-sco.  I dunno how to do 'em (don't wanna learn, but gracias).  Some things here pronounced different. Is cool.  For instance, a wunnerful BD party for friend last night at Leo's.  One would think that's pronounced like the regular ole regular Leo. It ain't. It's Lay-O here.

Anyways, PP.  Folks come from allover.  Mostly AZ, but, lotta Cali, New Mexico.. Canada.. and singles from darn near everywhere else.  I dunno why they come. I gather, affordability.  The people, atmosphere, is vely vely nice. Laid back. Not stressy.  Es lo tuyo, haz lo que quieras, it's your thing, do what you wanna do, and they do.

Meantime, they meet others who pretty much look for the same thing, all whilst wearing shorts (mostly) all year.  Sure, long sleeves a lot in the morning and nighttime... if you want toe-dippin' ocean weather all year round, you're gonna have to go way further South, but hey, it'll costya too.

I'm just a common man, drive a common van
My dog ain't got a pedigree
If I have my say, gonna stay that way
'Cause highbrow people lose their sanity
And a common man is what I'll be

Point being, the comman man could probably survive here, ie, make it.  Victor, you don't have a dog.  Shhhhh... our secret, I'm stealing Millie at the PHX airport.  Gotta big ole suitcase she'll fit nicely in.  I'll bring her back to Tip in a couple years or so. Of course I'm teasing but she really is a nice dog and it's simply been fun (too long - no hound dog.)

This place...  Victor, people don't care.  I know, that's ok, my blog.  This place, kinda, reminds me of Liberty.  "That side" of town, old Liberty (Mehico), this side, new, big ole fancy crap, a hunnerd and twelve restaurants... cept, back home, it's Freddies, Culvers, Olive Garden, Texas Roadhouse, yada... here, they're all mom and pop.  Yum.  Each with a specialty.  Each, with a 'cheap day' where locals invade, enjoy. $7 pizza. $1 beers. $1.50 BBQ tacos, yum btw.

Like Liberty, folks either love it, or get the heck outta Dodge.  I guess. I really ain't talked to anyone who doesn't like it here. Pretty much, similar to Liberty.  "Yes, we moved here and we love it, the people are really nice."

Folks go home (to the US) sometimes for a bit.  Then, come back, for a bit.  Some stay. Forever.  That really appeals to me, but, skeers me too.  Medicare don't work here.  Ya get sick, good luck. Oh, they'll treat you... or take you to the border by ambulance.  I reckon folks who planned ahead get some kinda Mehican health insurance, I dunno.  I'm just a common man, drive a common van. My (soon to be, jk, but would liketa steal) dog ain't got no pedigree.

Today's 'travel' takes us across town for Darts.  Then, Trivia.  Much like life back home, I suck at any type'a competition.  I'm "0-fer" here.  I don't care. I'm in shorts.  Yes, compression socks, but, I getta show off my 'ring of fire' tan. (the area between the bottom of my shorts and the toppa my compressions socks.)  Chicks dig it.  OK, so they don't.  Thing about here, no one cares.

Es lo tuyo, haz lo que quieras, it's your thing, do what ya wanna do.  Next up, Jim Hack is going to give us a report on his cruise outta Houston with his honey.  Let's all wish them a good time.

Understand the weather outside (in KC) is frightful.  Sorry.  Please be safe, warm. Make sure Patrick puts Longjohns on under them same undies he wears every game.

Celebrate, celebrate... dance to the mariachis.  (Misnomer.  Been here almost two weeks.  Aint seen hide nor hair of mariachis.  Very US like music. And, really talented folks playing.)

If you travel, have that heart Pat was talkin' about... also a blanket, candle, snow shovel, gas money, yada.

Amar, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Old Lady that Swallowed the Fly.......

I know an old lady She swallowed a fly But I don't know why She swallow the fly I guess she'll die Victor...... why do you put us th...