Tuesday, February 6, 2024

A concave usually nearly hemispherical vessel

Victor, why didn't you just write 'Bowl'? HEY! Very perceptive! When I Googled 'define bowl' that definition looked weird.

When I think of a bowl, the first thing I think of is Moe's haircut. Sadly, thanks to a 'cowlick' if I don't use a pound of hair gel I too look like Moe.

Bowled over. I think of a fullback. Or the damn Philadelphia Eagle tush push no one can stop. Or, bad breath. Pew. Or.......

A boss that you have, usually for a very short time because, working for him/she, one gets the Popeye syndrome "I've had all I can takes and I can't takes no more.

Popeye sometimes puts spinach in the bowl of his pipe. My father smoked a pipe. I miss that aroma, especially the cherry kind.

Hey. Think back. The quick breakfast mom made. What was in your bowl? Frosted Flakes? Sugar Puffs? Alpha-bits? My personal favorite was Raisin Bran, but too, I loved me some Rice Crispies, especially if there were slices of Bananas within!

Skateboarders and their love of the bowl. Hours and hours of spills, thrills, fakies and backside Ollie's, coupled with the vast majority of adults who believed they were evil little cultists out to ruin the World. Today, they laugh from their gated community, Summer lakehouse or loft overlooking the big City.

Bowl. Have you bowled lately? Three brothers in our little town, way Mc-head of their time, opened McBowl in the 60's. Wholesome, fun, communal. I was, eh, so-so at bowling. My buddy was twice the bowler, BUT, he really liked beer, SO, I wouldn't bet him until the third game, and I frequently pocketed money to allow me to bowl the next week!

You probably knew where this was headed. Yes, The Super Bowl. Speakin'a colicky, we hicks in our little cow town (KC) proudly boast our owner, Lamar Hunt, coined the term Super Bowl, taken from the 'Super Ball' we all played with, got hit in the face with when we were kids.

I hope the little snotnoses (said lovingly with Kleenex in hand) here appreciate how special this is. I am hella old. The Chiefs won the Super Bowl my/our Senior year, 1970. It wouldn't happen again until I/we were Seniors, as in citizens.

Just this morning I was discussing folks who maybe bowl'ya over a tad. I'd mentioned that I admit to admiration when there is no false pretense, a loved one came with "I agree with liking people who speak their minds, they are an open book, which is admirable. We won't always agree, but I prefer that to someone who is all smiles, but secretly putting a knife in your back...not that that's always the case."

The Chiefs, of late, have been winners. Sometimes folks don't like winners. All good. To that, pardon my upfrontedness, I say GO CHIEFS!

Going now. Gonna have a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch (No, not the General Mills brand, can't afford it, the knockoff WalMart Great Value kind.)

I should have been a skateboarder.

Love, Victurd
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good morning........

It's strange, but it really ain't. Each blog. Each day.... They start the same don't they?  Kinda sorta.  There's a white bo...