Saturday, March 9, 2024

Open mouth............. insert

Beer?  Lasagna?  Crow?  Binkie?

All morning, the word HELP has been a runnin' thru my brain.

Headlines.  I get overly carried away with headlines.  I thought mebbe "Help, I need somebody"...  or mebbe, "Shake and bake, and I helped."  Whilst I have an affinity for a Southern accent, that one was kinda fingernail on the chalkboard to me for some reason.

Mebbe even borrow a line from Edith Fore.. WHO?  Edith Fore.. .she was the one who, real life, had fallen, pressed her medical alert thing, said "Help, I've fallen and I can't get up." I think they actually used an actress in the commercials, but, Ms. Edith did do followup ads later for the company.

Victor, do you need help?   Hells bells, we ALL need help!  Hey, at present, I'm really good, but ty for asking.

When I thought about help, I thought about the word need.  And needing.  And needy.  Such connotations.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"A preachment, dear friends, you are about to receive
On John Barleycorn, nicotine, and the temptations of Eve"

No, that ain't it.  I neva' eva' wanna 'preach' (in the sense of 'Do this, don't do that')  I gots mirrors at home here baby, I KNOW there be imperfections in, with, ME.


We're all aware, heap big keyboard, as in, that (the above) won't stop me from relating goodies I might see, observe as we follow the yellow brick road of life.


Spit it out Victor.  OK, will.  I find, things that help me... not necessarily when I'm down, just things that sometimes help me:


Humor.  Loved ones.  Good friends.  A good cry (just shoot me, call me a wimp, issue the "Men don't cry Victor" card if you like, frankly my dear..........  
 

Niceness - whether it's from or to.  It feels good.  Feels good = helps.

Strange as it may sound, handwriting.  I was visiting with a friend... spoke of, related, asked if he had heard of another mutual friend who is going thru some severe health issues.  " I hand wrote a get well card and mailed it to him on Wednesday."  How easy, FRIGGIN' COOL is that?  Onea them "Why didn't I thinka that?" moments.  Sure, it takes a little extra time, purchasing a stamp, writing, dropping it off in the mail...  but, ya just gotta know how good that must feel (help) on the receiving end. And, best of all, we ain't gotta wait until something is dire, we can handwrite ANY time and it's a feel good.

Are you still preaching Victor?  Nope.  I'm putting ideas out there.  I think we all know things that can help us, whytheheck not share 'em?

Music.  Music REALLY helps me.  In my most recent 30+ day trip to Mehico where I blogged too many times about...  I learned a friend of mine REALLY (I mean REALLY) loves to dance.  Whenever we were somewhere and the music started, she moved.  Was soon on her feet, dancin' to the beat. You can't keep a dancer down, so to speak. A real yummy way for ANY OF US to completely separate from whatever it is we've stressed about.  What better than bounce, feel, throw down some facial expressions of happiness, gyrate, seemingly not a care in the world, all that.

"Our prime purpose in life is to help others, and if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them."  Dalai Lama

"How ya doin?"  Simple as hell, LOOMS LARGE.  To me at least.  I don't (necessarily) mean the "in passing" How ya doing? Good, you?...  I mean when a relative, friend, coworker, yada, is sitting down beside you (or on the phone, or, swappin' texts) and they ask (or you ask) "How ya doin"  Care. Concern.  Care and concern = Help.

Four or five years ago, I was at a Mehican joint shoving chips and salsa down my gourd.. a longtime friend happened by... first thing he asked was "How's your health?"  (NOT, where ya working now, how's your mate, taken any trips of late, how bout them Chiefs, yada).. How's your health?"  Almost as good to hear as a handwritten note would be to read. I admit I did find it strange, but, it was a really helpful, introspective question that I sure needed to hear (and was glad to have.)

"Let's"...  LET US... a suggestion... an inclusion..   It says I LIKE YOU, I ENJOY BEING WITH YOU, SEEING YOU, WHY DON'T WE (go to a movie, see a ballgame, checkout that new restaurant, grab a beer, go swimming, bowling, play Wii)............. WII = WE = HELP = hell to the yes.  Let's makes ya feel liked, makes one you say "Let's" to feel liked.  It's a beautiful two-way lane of life.

Music.  VICTOR, you already said that.  But...

I see a little silhouetto of a man
Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango?
Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very frightening me
(Galileo) Galileo, (Galileo) Galileo, Galileo Figaro, magnifico

"We cannot teach people anything, we can only help them discover it within themselves"  Galileo Galilei

I see what you did there Victor.  You need help.

Uh huh, we all do.  Help helps.

Love, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Old Lady that Swallowed the Fly.......

I know an old lady She swallowed a fly But I don't know why She swallow the fly I guess she'll die Victor...... why do you put us th...