Sunday, March 10, 2024

Of jumper cables and the Energizer Bunny.......

Charge......

Oops.... Damn Vern, I think them sparks must mean that was the positive terminal not the negative one... switch them puppies out.

He came off the bench, energized, fired the team up... won the League's 6th Man of the Year award... married the prettiest cheerleader, became an entrepreneur, gave 10% to the church, 10% to the IRA.. retired fat, happy... they flew to Venice, Pompey, and had a condo on Maui.

If your cell phone goes dead in San Diego, you are SOL because there ain't no Chargers there.

The toe headed toddler and his cousin played for HOURS in the front yard, backyard, baby pool, sandbox, rec room... go, go, go until he couldn't go any longer - fast asleep on the floor, draped across the Buzz Lightyear rug.

Up. Up. UP UP THE JUMP.

"Hello,.,, let us begin by introducing ourselves... I am Hanz... and I am Franz... and we want to (clap) Pump YOU up!"

Gotta buddy...  he say:  "Well...  got me onea them brandspanking new 2024 Caddy EV Lyriq's........ and ohhhhhh baby is it perty. I'm charged up (pun mebbe intended.)"  It really is perty... he's ordered a fancified rapid charger from Caddy... they'll contact an electrician, hook it up in his garage.  Meantime, he's stuck using your basic extension cord.  "Yeah... I had it on there for 12 hours... got me 23 miles!"

Hate is a strong word.  Right Hans?  I hate regular ole regular shaving, SO.. I've been thru probably 8 different portable razors in the last few years...  Lose a charger cord..  buy anudder..  son cleans house (bless him for that btw).. oops, where's the charger cord?  Buy anudder..  plaster it with duct tape "SAVE, DO NOT THROW AWAY."  I look REALLY scruffy right now.. Thank you Amazon same day, unpacked, and.. Kool-Aid Kool-Aid, Can't wait..  wish it was charged up.. damn straight!

Naps.  Easy chair.  The weekend.  Charge back up.  Vacation.  A drive in the country.  Red Bull.  5 Hour Energy Drink.  An outing with grandkids (uh huh, followed by nap, easy chair, Red Bull, 5 Hour drink).

Invigorate.

Still going.   Honey, have you seen the dadgum price of AA and AAA batteries lately?  (I loved my boss at the Park Department when I was a snotnose.. whenever he said "BATTERY" he shortened it to "BATRY.")

When the Mrs gets home from work, the make up is the second thing to go (bra first, be for real).. Dude, the loafers, the pants.. a night recharging whilst wearing the boxer briefs.

We get knocked (WORN) down but we get (CHARGED) up again, you're never gonna keep us down (until that is, we need another charge.)

The bugler leads the Cavalry in charge..... it's ridiculous how much they charge for my meds..  sure, he/she is kinda a micromanager, but whaddaya gonna do?  He/she's in charge..  

"People who enjoy meetings should not be in charge of anything."  Thomas Sowell

"OUCH.  What I thought, that's an 'lectric fence Ralph."

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."  Will Rogers  

I get a charge outta (Yellowstone, Jimmy Kimmel, good ole Barny Fife, Melissa McCarthy, my hound, my cat(s), my honey, my teacher, preacher, kids, grandkids... much.)

We start life in the nursery.. bound up like a dadgum burrito. (What do they think we're gonna do?  Run down to Dairy Queen?) WE SLEEP MORE THAN HALF THE TIME... once we do crawl, walk, run, use training wheels, go baby go.. hot damn, drivers license... we flirt... date..  marry... have babies... "remember the good ole days when we'd lay 'em on the blanket and they wouldn't go nowhere?"..  our hair thins, greys.. lines happen on our face..  AARP card comes.  Ya mean, they send me that SS check every month, the 3rd Wednesday?  Well Ah'll be damned.  then, WE SLEEP MORE THAN HALF THE TIME.

Take a break..  Smoke 'em if ya got 'em.  No, you don't need to clockout on break, but don't cheat us (the company).  Take five.  Raise your hand on the basketball court if you need a blow, no harm no foul.  Yawns, followed by catnap.

There are some, they don't wanna miss nuttin'.  I love me some little ones watching TV as their eyelids start down, they catch themselves, try to open 'em bigger.. ultimately give in to gravity.  Onea. Onea the loves of my life... I'd go to bed..  3am-ish I'd awaken.  Feel across the other sidea the bed, no 'love of my life' there.  To living room. There she was. SITTING UP.  TV blarin'. Sound asleep. She didn't wanna miss nuttin'. 

Yes, we slow down.  Sure, we rest more. Inside, me thinks we're all little kids who fight those droopy eyelids...  we wanna get as much outta every minute of life that we can.

Abe Simpson, Martin Crane, Grace and Frankie, Arthur Spooner, Sophia Potrillo will all tellya, "If you don't move, you die."

That said, take five.  Take a nap.  Snore.  LOUD, who cares.  Have a beer.  A seat in the recliner with your feet up.  Get the hell outta Dodge upon occasion. Take your (bra, makeup, slacks, Skechers, socks) off...  Count sheep...in Español if that's what it takes.

Letting one Mr. George Burns take us on out from here:

"Don't stay in bed, unless you can make money in bed....   at my age, flowers scare me...  if you live to be a hundred, you've got it made.  Very few people die past that age..."

Hope you getta charge outta life, but too, stop occasionally to recharge.

PS:  Spring forward, Fall back. You get TWO naps today for missing that hour of sleep.

Love, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Old Lady that Swallowed the Fly.......

I know an old lady She swallowed a fly But I don't know why She swallow the fly I guess she'll die Victor...... why do you put us th...