Saturday, March 23, 2024

Round round get around..........

Ya got me going in circles.......  

Calling out around the World are you ready for a brand new beat, Summer's here and the time is right for dancing in the street.

Tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree.

Another trip around the sun.........

Ring around the Rosie........

Here we go round the mulberry bush......

She'll be comin' around the mountain.....

Merry go round.....   Round peg, square hole....   rally round.... round of applause..   round robin....  round table..  round up..  ask around..   round off..   round the clock..   turn around..   round trip....

I really wouldn't blame you if you "yeah, yeah, yeah" skipped all that crap and got down to here.  Rinse, repeat.  Another.  Blessed are we that are here today.  Some ain't.  We get another one. Life expectancy, here in the good ole US of A is 28,207 days.  Might as well smile eh?

It's funny (WHICH, could mean "ha ha", or strange, unusual).. that the closer we get to you-know-what, the more we think about it, talk about it.

Yesterday, I stole a quote from another friend on Facebook.  "Your time on Earth is limited. Don't try to "age with grace," age with mischief, audacity, and a good story to tell."    A buddy of mine chimed in with a wonderful (yet sad) tribute  "My brother in law's mother approached her life in this manner and she passed away this morning... at 108 years..  She never missed a day without her bottle of beer."

Of course of course of course, I ain't suggesting we ALL have our bottle of beer daily (literally), but, I look at 'bottle of beer' as to fervency. Thirst.  Zest.  Git up and go.  Yippee Ki-Yay.  We, be, should be anyways, the antithesis of Debbie Downer, Grumpy Gus.

Ahm, Victor?  Yes?  I think, most (if not a hunnerd percent of the days) YOU have a bottle of beer.  DO AS I SAY SONNY, NOT AS I DO! .........

Of course, kidding.  I ain't preaching, honest.  

Round, around, rinse, repeat.  OK, I'll say it in ALL CAPS:

I LOVE HUMAN BEINGS THAT WALK AROUND WITH US THAT LIVE LIFE LIKE "I AM GONNA SMILE, BE HAPPY EVERY MINUTE OF THE DAY."  You seen 'em.  I seen 'em.  Their attitude seems to rub off, YUM.  

It's so easy to fall in love. No, that ain't it.  It just seems like, for them, it's so easy to do that day in, day out.  Round the clock. Round the calendar.  HOW YOU ABLE TO DO DAT?  I dunno but it's so wunnerful to see.

These words, thoughts, come to mind.  Nice. Happy. Smile. Ask how you are, first. Then, they listen. And smile again. They say things like "You doing ok?"  "You look nice today."  "So good seeing you!"

WHAT GIVES?  Don't they get indigestion?  Have wedgies?  Drip a bit, oops.  Snarl? Have an itchy itchy rash?  "I'm sorry sir/ma'am, do you have another card you can use, this one says "Declined" 

In some ways, they're like that Whack-A-Mole game. They pop in, up.. but... you don't wanna whack em, you wanna hug 'em, thank 'em, BE LIKE 'EM.

Of course, they drive the same pot-holed roads, watch the same 'ugly' nightly news. Get sick.  Lose loved ones.  Have not-so-good days.  They get cold, hot, tired, want/need, rest.  Too.

Life has the mallet.  It tries to whack us all down. Stop tail-gaiting me you muther dubber!  Why, WHY do I ALWAYS get in the line "Price check, register 4."  I'M IN A HURRY, COME ON! Blurt, hurt, hawk a quid (Sorry, happens.. don't they have quids?).  I can't stand (lines, snotnoses that get fast food orders wrong, people that NEVER smile, old fogies that are slow, get in my way.. (oops, nevermind, that's me!).. 

You get the drift.  They don't.  Every day.  Every situation.  Every choice.  Everything seems to be about choice.  They teach.  Model.  Love.  Live. Smile. This day. The next day. Every day.

It's a fairly common theme the mood of our Nation ain't great.  Discourse. Sides. We find it hard to like 'different' from us.  Sad.

THANK GOODNESS FOR THOSE WHO YOU CAN'T KNOCK THE SMILE OFFA THEIR FACE.

Without saying, they 'say', "I AIN'T GOT TIME FOR A BAD DAY." YOLO.

I wish I had the watoosies to name, names.  You know 'em, I know 'em.  I am ever so thankful for them.

They are the marination for Monday.  The tonic for Tuesday.  The WEEEEEE DOGGIES  (happy) for Wednesday.  The THank you for this day Thursday, the freshness for Friday, . the satisfied for Saturday.. The always sunny disposition for Sunday.

Round round get around they get around.

Now, all we gots to do is figure out how to attach to these (wunnerful) tumbleweeds... latch on to their snowball of fun, happy... multiply.. eventually OUTNUMBER - ugly.

Un momento at a time I reckon.

"The greatness of man is not how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and ability to affect those around him positively."  Bob Marley

Dadburnit, dadgummit, doggoneit, drats, shucks, golly darn, Damnit Jim, hawk a quid, I've got an itchy itchy rash.. 

Plop, plop, fizz, fizz, OH WHAT A RELIEF IT IS......... to see THEM.  Have THEM in our lives.

Maybe we could steal their shoes (OK OK, BORROW THEM), walk awhile in 'em.. simply see "How dey do dat?"

I'd better go now.  Gotta get this wedgie out. Seeya around.

By Henry Gibson

Love, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks..........

 Once again, I made the dreaded mistake of, strolling, page by page thru the newspaper.  I do so virually every morning, and.... as I finall...