Monday, May 6, 2024

Hello lamppost, what'cha knowin?

Struck out in Wordle today.  It, really, is like golf. I don't care, the fun of the game is what perks me. In our regular golf foursome, I virtually always take last.  Go ahead, try to wipe the smile offa my face! Yain't gonna!

Then, I read the news today oh boy... Now that, like always, wiped the smile offa my face.  Light.  I/we need light.  No, not in tastes great - less filling (calories), we need light.... Like: 

Don't bring me down
No, no, no, no, noteOoh-ooh-hooI'll tell you once more before I get off the floorDon't bring me down

You got it ELO.  I was gonna mention Been Down So Long (that it looked like up to me) but that's too dadgum many songs for one blog.

Eh, what's one more:

Slow down, you move too fast
You got to make the morning lastJust kicking down the cobblestonesLooking for fun and feeling groovyBa da-da da-da da-da, feeling groovy
Light, we need light.  Not talking lumins, LED, lightbulbs, refraction, reflection, diffraction, interference, dispersion, polarisation, scattering, yada.  We need to feel groovy, right Paul, Art?
Hello lamppost, what'cha knowingI've come to watch your flowers growin'Ain't you got no rhymes for me?Doo-ait-n-doo-doo, feeling groovyBa da-da da-da da-da, feeling groovy
And, even thought - THAT (lampost) reminded me of the death of my wunnerful 2006 Caddy (it was dark, went to Piggly for breakfast, too lazy to go all the way to end of lane to turn around, cut across.. HELLO LAMPOST, what'cha knowing other than the fact my error (smackdab into the lamppost) totaled the car, I'm an idiot (Tell it all brother, before we fall)
I got no deeds to do, no promises to keepI'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleepLet the morningtime drop all its petals on meLife, I love you, all is groovy

Then it 'dawned' on me (pun about light perhaps intended) it kinda sounds like a drunkard... conversing with a lamppost.

Oh well. (I can't help about the shape I'm in. I can't sing, I ain't pretty and my legs are thin.)

Moderation. I guess.  Folks say 'moderation.'  I do know there are those who kinda scoff at folks that try to keep everything light (raised eyebrow, look of disbelief, shaking head back and forth, "Ahm, Flight Attendant?  Getme a seat away from this screaming infant!")

You say yes (too much levity) I say no (hell to the no, I'm from Liberty, I LOVES me some levity)

Well you can tell everyone I'm a down disgraceDrag my name all over the placeI don't care anymore

Mary (no, no lambs) asked me "Are you always like this?" Well... listen, do you want to know a secret, do you promise not to tell, whoa, oh, oh."  Meet me at midnight, Mary, and don't let anyone know.

Don't do it Mary, the booger can't see, even where there's lamposts about. (This is where L&L reminds of decaf coffee)

Of course... of course there are times, moments, situations where humor (or attempt therein) shouldn't be present/reign...

For now though...  I'm gonna grab a pint'a Guiness (ain't that what them mates drink?).. .go be a Hermit, you can find me leaning on the lamppost at the corner of the street in case a certain little lady comes by... oh me... oh my... 

See?  You've maybe already (hopefully, fingers crossed!) been sidetracked away from inflation, injustice, war, hatred, killings, train wrecks, drownings, disappearances, amber alerts, virtually any/everything that fills the airways, medias, etc, every day.  Ugly is an echo.  It repeats itself.  Patooey.

We need light.

Well you can tell everyone I'm a down disgraceDrag my name all over the placeI don't care anymore

Doo-ait-n-doo-doo, feeling groovyBa da-da da-da da-da, feeling groovy, Doo-ait-n-doo-doo, feeling groovy
Ba da-da da-da da-da, feeling groovy

Forward by Thomas Edison, ELO, George Carlin, Johnny Dolan, KAAY/Little Rock

Love, Victurd


No comments:

Post a Comment

The eyes have it...

Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes. She's got Bette Davis eyes.  She’s not just captivating in her looks, she’s got the...