Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Giddy up, giddy up, giddy up 409......

Victor, nuttin' personal, but we're kinda gettin' sicka this song crap.

I gotcha...

Uh huh, huh. You thought I didn't seeya now didn'tya, uh huh, huh.

Sorry... I'll go spend time in time out.  Thanks, and good idea.

(If I could put time in a bottle..........)  VICTOR!.... Ok, your time is up, get back......

You mean, Get back... get back, get back to where you once belong.....  Ahm, let's just start with the blog, K?  Like, whatup with giddy up 409?

Well... it's all about what's under the hood.  You mean like.. a burka? A monk's hood?  Ahm, no, well, maybe eventually, but now, .I'm talking about the car hood, raising it up.. to see what's inside it... like Chevy's 348, 409, 427... Ford had a 427 too, along with 360, 390, yada...

The bigger the engine, the more power, but too, the more gas it'd guzzle.  So, now are you gonna talk about the lost art of taming a wild carburetor?  Ahm, no. Remember, I just learned 'leftie loosie, righty tighty about five years ago.  Then what in the heck does engine size have to do with a blog?

I thought you'd never ask.  It seems (to me anyways) it's all about what's inside one (inside a person)... "under the hood" so to speak.  It's real obvious, people come in all sizes, colors, shapes.  We got different hair color, hair texture, eye color, eye shape, nose and ear shape, body shape, body and skin variations: scars, burns, wounds, amputations.  OK, and?

And, unless you know them really really well, ya just never know what's inside, ie, under the hood.  What makes them tick?  The feelings, opinions, concerns - their personalities (akin to 'cu. in' in a car).

In the beginning.. no, that ain't it. Well, kinda.  Early on, usn's were basically grouped into TWO kinds. Type A (impatient, achievement-oriented people) and Type B (easy-going, relaxed individuals.) Wiki, mind you, updated by any, many, whoever type personality folk says "Type A personalities are more likely to develop personality disorders whereas Type B personalities are more likely to become alcoholics."  I am neither, hear me... roar? Snore?  Hiccup?

Later studies, introvert, extrovert.  

I mighta bit off more than I can chew here.. .but, I can tell you, I never been to a buffet where I ain't finished my plate(s)...  fer sure, might not have the right things on my plate (or, in my blog here) but, I'll finish.  (Remember, mom/dad instructed me to "finish everything you start, except sex.")

So, I ain't no Carl Jung, Myers-Briggs, Freud, whatever - but, let's you and me take a look at folks we know, have seen in our time.

There are, of course, the quiet, shy types.  Introvert maybe, but, perhaps not on purpose. Ya think these types lack confidence?  Are smarter than the rest of us in utilizing the open mouth insert foot theory? Could they be genius in demonstrating 'listen more, talk less'?  Contributing factors to this outward silence?  Is it just the way they are? Bad relationship?  Bad health?  Rotten upbringing where they were continually put down, berated?  Abused? Have a sibling that was better academically, athletically, 'handsomer."  Ya just never know.

I do like confidence, but the first thing, to me, that comes to mind is folks who everdo it.  The "I am somebody" folks.  I'm kinda shy (I know my friends would laugh at that), but I am, if I don't know you well, but, to all the "I am somebody"s, I would respond with "SO IS EVERYBODY,"

Move, mile a minute types. That's Uncle Joe he's a movin' kinda slow. Exercise daily. Pass the bon bons. Five course meal.  Microwaved frozen Stouffer Lasagna dinner.  Invest, invest, invest.  "I'm gonna double down Mr. Dealer, my King, your 6, hit me."

I couldn't do that.  Hold my beer, watch me.  The leader of the pack, vroom vroom vroom.  I'm gonna take a seat in the back pew of the church.

A quick, personal story on what makes one tick.  Danny Cox, may he RIP, was a fraternity brother, all around good dude, and one heck of a college football player. Dan played defensive end.  When you think of defensive end, you think 6'4", 250 lbs. Not Dan. He was of average size.  Good, but maybe average speed. Somehow, someway, he ALWAYS figured a way to disrupt offenses - sacks, hurries, batted down passes, tackles for a loss, yada.  Good. Damn good. Little All-American.  Vic Bonuchi, a legend of a coach in our area, would look at Coxie, smile.. and ask, "Coxie, just what makes you tick?"

Victor, you're rambling. 

Lord, I was born a ramblin' manTryin' to make a livin' and doin' the best I can.  No, that ain't it. Well, I do ramble here I guess.

I guess what I'm trying to say it, we never know what's going on under one's hood.  Could be all kinds of good, could be all kinds of bad, or, even somewhere in the middle.

Sp, this is where I end this thing, and of course, PREACH. No. No. No. It's where I hope I take in alla the above, then, remind myself (hitchhikers welcome) that we just never know what's under one's hood, what's going on, has gone on, about to happen, yada.  So, a simple:

Nice.  Just let us be nice, to everyone.  A, B, shy, loud, intro, intra, big, little, no matter the eye, skin color, yada.

Nice.

The Lovin' Spoonful made bank with "You didn't have to be so nice."  My vote says, yes, let's.

Love, Victud

No comments:

Post a Comment

The eyes have it...

Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes. She's got Bette Davis eyes.  She’s not just captivating in her looks, she’s got the...