Thursday, May 16, 2024

Now........

"How now... what is in you?"  Said one Billy Shakespeare........ Linguists everywhere... ok, a lotta places... studied and studied (in depth) what Billy meant by this..... they reached the conclusion, twas "Hello". So, Hello.

How now brown cow........ is a phrase used in elocution teaching to demonstrate the diphthong. Ahm, OK. Now I get it. NOT.

"Now is not the end.. It's not even the beginning of the end... But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."  Winston Churchill.

Now, I thought you spelled that Winston guy's last name like you pronounce it.  CHURCH-HILL.  Huh oh.  Now I know.  Did you know now is in know?  Me neither till I typed it and looked at it.

I WANT WHAT I WANT AND I WANT IT NOW.  They're out there.  Young'ns. Older, spoiled ones.  Entitled, or so they say/think, I think it's titled, labeled. (Now, in looking at 'titled', it looks correct, is correct, but, words are weird - Victor, WEIRD was YESTERDAY'S BLOG - oh, ok, thx.  I remember NOW.  Titled. Churchill is pronounced  CHURCH HILL, how come TITLED ain't pronounced TIT LED? (Band camp.... long ago, not so far away... i was playing golf with my best friend... one of our first times.. Victor, don't name names.  Sanford. He won't care, shoot me.  Anyways, he found a ball in the fairway. Again, both of us, wet behind ears.  He picked it up, pronounced it just as it read.......... TIT LI EST.  

TITLES...... Don't stop me now.  Now and then.  It's now or never. (Which reminds me of the two Elvis's.. Now and then. Big difference, pun mebbe intended.  Ever been to Graceland, seen that shag carpet?  I have, been a long time now.)
It is over now?  That's a Taylor Swift song.  Millions are sicka Travis/Taylor/Chiefs winning.  I kinda likes it now, and then.  Threepeat, now... please.    I can see clearly now.  If you leave me now. (I wouldn't blame you now, or, ever.)  I gotcha. Victor, that doesn't have now in the title.  Yeah butt, Joe Tex continued, "Uh huh huh, you thought you'd get away NOW didn't ya,"  Uh huh huh, you thought I didn't seeya NOW didn't ya,? Uh huh huh.

Here and now.  Urban Dictionary lends "A romantic relationship based in the present time between two people who choose to enjoy and love each other, without looking back at past relationships and without allowing baggage to cloud the enjoyment of the here and now relationship."

Now you're talking. No, now I'm typing.

I wanna go now.  I don't wanna go now, or ever.  Let's talk about it now.  Now you see me, now you don't.  

I love me some "Brainy Quotes" (now.)  Had Brainy Qoutes about NOW displayed on onea them tabs up there (now).. went back to get one from Mr. Ali... Had to refresh. Then, Brainy Quotes had the gaul (that how you spell it now?  Gall?  To ask if I was a human.  Pinched myself. Said "OW, NOW THAT HURT" so, they lemme back in.

"I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion."  Muhammad Ali

Were you aware I am biased?  I am (now), reckon, always been.  I had the BEST mom. (Victor, we all did.)  Ok, mebbe, BUT.. she was SUPER fast on the typewriter.  She would always say, type her old practice sentence....

“Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country”  It was different day, time, era I think.  Typing teachers used it because if you typed it, added the period, it exactly filled out a 70 space line.

Any day now.
Any second now.
Any minute now.
Any moment now.
Don't look now.
Every now and again.
From now on.
If looks could kill, I'd be dead now.

I'll go now. Now I've had the time of my life.  Well, not really, but, enjoyed, thanks..

Victor, NOW don't forget, flush the toilet.  Put the lid back down. Close the front door.  Lock it.  Got your wallet?  Phone? TEETH?  Shoes match? (I did that, yesterday.  I'd bought a new pair, just like my old pair that was over a year and a half old, aka, lotta wear/tear.. Got to gym, looked down. One old, One new .I'm an idiot but, you didn't just learn that now, eh?)

HE'S LEAVING!  NOW YOU'RE TALKING! (You can't spell you're correctly, no one does now.)

Good day, and now you know the rest of the story.

Paul Harvey

(Now that blog was stupid.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I couldn't sleep at all last night

Got to thinkin' of you Baby things weren't right Well I was tossin' and turnin' Turnin' and tossin' A tossin' an...