Friday, May 31, 2024

Song Sung True.....

You be stuck, that is, if you wanna be. If ya'ain't, then there's the X right up there in the upper righthand corner.  You no makey me mad if you click it... I might if I were you!

Song sung blueEverybody knows oneSong sung blueEvery garden grows one
Me and you are subject to the blues now and thenBut when you take the blues and make a songYou sing them out againSing them out again
Dadgum Neil Diamond, and that's said lovingly... he's always been "Happy,. when happy wasn't cool.." Si, this (song) is speaking to a relationship mebbe, but I ain't necessarily doing so........ well, kinda.  A relationship with life.
Dictionary says about "BLUE":  (of a person or mood) melancholy, sad or depressed.
How did my buddy Matt term it?  "I AIN'T GOT TIME FOR A BAD DAY!"
Song sung blueWeeping like a willowSong sung blueSleeping on my pillow
I play golf.  Mostly badly. One'a my buddies I play with reminds of the phrase "Pressure makes diamonds", and, I suppose that's true.  BUT... Here's where I relate I was gonna post Phil Collins' "I Don't Care Anymore" lyrics.. but.. .I kinda like Neil's idea of a song, ya sing the blues, you eventually, ultimately get feel good, sing the blues out..
Funny thing, but you can sing it with a cry in your voiceAnd before you know, it get to feeling goodYou simply got no choice
Me and you are subject to the blues now and thenBut when you take the blues and make a songYou sing them out again
I had an elderly inlaw I loved.  I watched him go from avid golfer on heap big course...  to moving to a par 3 course (shorter, not as physically taxing) driving via the Interstate to get there... to still driving, playing there a few years later, BUT, via the 2-lane highway as the Interstate had become a bit much.....  to ultimately never playing again, actually living his final time on earth in an assisted care facility on that 2 lane highway.  Life is fleeting.
Song sung blueWeeping like a willow Song sung blueSleeping on my pillow
Weeping as I hit the ball in the water on #1. Watch  my buddy get a par 3 on hole #4 whilst I had a 5 (He and I bet a whole dollar, payable to the dude with the low score).  I chip onto #6 but the ball only goes halfway to the green.  Enter cussword here. Next chip decent, but, the pressure is on, I've GOT to make this putt to tie him.
I don't do dat no more, right Phil?  I tend more to NOT think/worry as much about Srixon, 'straight left arm, stay down on the ball', 'follow thru with your putter'.. and think more about "remember what these fellas you're playing with looked like back in the day (1960's).. remember how much fun we had then, AND, are now?  Have you made a list in your brain about nature today?  The green of the greens, fairways, fringe.. the sky of blue that shines on you,.. the geese, squirrels, skunks, racoons, herons, ground hogs, deer, birds.. ALL.
Victor do you realize how many ARE NOT HERE, CANNOT BE HERE... and you're whining about a 3 putt?  REMEMBER, Bobby sang "Don't worry, be happy"... Phil toldya "I don't care anymore" about a damn dollar bet (even though I still might pay him with two rolls of pennies!).. and, that Neil dude reminds............ song.. about blues.. you sing the blues out.
And before you know, it started feeling goodYou simply got no choice
Song sung blueSong sung blueFunny thing, but you can sing it with a cry in your voice

We (our geezer foursome) DO have it right after golf.  We sit on the deck overlooking the course, talk to perty ladies, make fun of who had the worst shot, pay our dollar bet, throw the scorecard away, buy, drink a beer (or two)... allow our brains to wander back fitty, sixty years.. have smiles

"Hey, there's an overturned semi on the the Interstate back South, traffic backed up damn near to Cameron... .take the two-lane home."

Thanks, I will.  And, I won't take for granted - at least for now - I'm still able to go the Interstate... and as I take the 2-lane home today, I'll honk when I pass the assisted care facility in honor of that inlaw who first actually introduced me to golf.

Life is short.  If you're keeping score on the course, make sure the pencil has an eraser.

JK, kinda sorta.  Afterall, a dollar is a dollar!

Love, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

The eyes have it...

Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes. She's got Bette Davis eyes.  She’s not just captivating in her looks, she’s got the...