Saturday, May 25, 2024

Wonderful World..........

Don't know much about history..........You know me, I dunno much other than sports..  this day in history.. (1941)-Ted Williams went 4 for 5 pushing his average over .400 for the first time, he'd finish at .406, still a record....  (1935)-Babe Ruth, hearda him?  Well, he hit three homers on this date. What's so special about that?  Well, it was his last game EVER, giving him 714 homers total, a record that would stand for a long, long time.

Don't know much biology..................But... I'll never forget disecting a fetal pig in junior high, yuck, that rank smell of formaldehyde. 
Don't know much about the science book.......But I'll never forget my 1971 Volkswagen convertible.. Fraternity brothers (with my "OK") sat atop the back seats as if they were Homecoming queens... drove thru campus, them waving the queen sideways wave.. top would not come up. Ruined.  Awakened next morning to 3" of rain and my science book occupying the floorboard. 

Don't know much about the French I took.......I never took French but I once had a mad crush on a Clarice (from France) I worked with.

But I do know that, I love you...And I know that if you loved me too, what a wonderful world this would be..   Fer sure Sam Cooke was talking about a relationship.. but.. .(us old single folks rationalize) 'yain't gotta be married, in a relationship to have love for all'

Don't know much about geography......  North.. cold up there.. South..talk funny there.,. East.. talk funny there too..  West.. thar's gold in them hills once ya get past Lawrence, KS (sorry Schwab).. .

Don't know much trigonometry
Don't know much about algebra
Don't know what a slide rule is for.....    Oh sure, sure... we had all that junk.. turns out, really about all we needed was addition, subtraction, multiplication for our jobs. Victor?  Yes?  So that means you learned all about the 'Rule of 72'?  You talkin' about Vern Ruhle? He didn't even make it to the Majors until '74, get with the program!

But I do know that, one and one is two,
And if this one could be with you,
What a wonderful world this would be.... Sam Cooke wrote, sang this.  Every time I Wiki an entertainer, I'm both amazed, and usually shocked. Same for Sam, his life.  29, that's twenty-nine singles in the top 40 of Billboard in his eight year career. Among, Cupid, Another Saturday Night, Chain Gang, Twisting The Night Away.. before his tragic, way too soon death at age 32.

Now, I don't claim to be an "A" student,
But I'm trying to be.
For maybe by being an "A" student baby
I can win your love for me............. I was an M+ student. For all you whippersnappers, that's C+, sucks, either way ya look at it.  And you?

Don't know much about history
Don't know much biology
Don't know much about the science book
Don't know much about the French I took........ Victor you already did that, they're bored.

But I do know that, I love you,
And I know that, if you love me too,
What a wonderful world this would be.

But I do know that, I love you,
And I know that, if you love me too,
What a wonderful world this would be.


Really, it is a wonderful world.  Apologies that this is basically nonsensical, but too, ain't life kinda like that? This where you preach Victor? Nope.  It's where I simply enjoy. Happy to have awakened.  Happy for all I have, try not to worry about what I ain't.


People, daily, remind me how remarkable they are.  I dunno about you, but little, happy things make me emote much easier than ever before. A smorgasbord of wonder.


The old gray mare (all of us from, in this era).. we ain't what we usedta be.  Our bodies remind us daily. I giggled, inwardly, last year when I went to watch a HS basketball game. Old farts (65+) get in free to sport's events.  They took one look, waived me thru. I said to the gal, "This made me kinda giggle... ahm, a 'few' years back here I usedta high jump and long jump, but, today, couldya kindly point me to the elevator?!!"


Just shows to go, life is fulla ups and downs.


But I know that I love you.......  What a wonderful world that this is..........

Love, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop the music.........

Gimme a break, gimme a break, break me offa piecea that Kit Kat Bar.. Time out ref. I'm on break boss.. . back in fitteen. "Not ton...