Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Rabbit in a snowstorm.........

I know.  It's June.  Summer. 

Summertime and the livin' is easy.

Well..  mebbe... 'pends....... 'pends on howya look at it me thinks.  There's the little waitress at the joint I go to that I truly LOVE (no.......... not that way.)  She's justa damn good person.  'Justa' ain't the right word(s) to use.  She's a damn good person. Happy. Always.  Ass-u-me, it's a choice,  She's the one, I think it was the 423rd time she'd waited on me where I said............. OK, wait.  Before I say what I said... Questions....

Ain't she ever gotta itchy itchy rash?  Acid reflex?  Sent a text and whoever she sent it to never replied? Thrown a gutter ball in bowling?  Fallen, scraped a knee?  Had a tailgater on her butt from Topeka to Tonganoxie?  Experienced loss?  Had her purse stolen?  Check Engine light come on?  Hadta drive 150 miles with enough money to buy gas to go 75 miles?  Losta contact, earring, phone, boyfriend, where she parked at a big place, sporting event, yada?

Any ways... on that 423rd time... I finally said "Kendra....  you're always happy... you must be on drugs."

To which she replied "Vic...... it's not that bad."

Damnit darnit I love her, that.  I was gonna blog on the song Easy To Be Hard.  I reread it. Hell I didn't remember it was from Hair.  It was depressing.

I read the news today oh boy..........  It too was depressing...  WHY?  Why does news have to be depressing........  I Googled "What makes news news?" - read some roundtable thoughts from professors at heap big universities... I ain't that smart.  I got bored.

Bottomline - it's sad, a vast majority of the junk within the news is depressing.

And...... I usually do this at 'ugly-thirty-am'.... Wordle is first thing I do.. then.. Sport's page.. then, Daily Sudoku........... VICTOR?  We don't give a rats about the order you do stuff!  I know I know, I'm just trying to explain.............

After all that mostly fun stuff (Wordle, Sports, Sudoku) I backtrack to the News....read it.. sink lower and lower in my chair...............

So............... it ain't no wonder I gotta come here and type goofy songs like Good Vibrations,, Good Day To Have A Great Day.... Happy.....  I Feel Good (sing it James!).. Don't Stop Me Now...  that Larry guy.. he was worried about running outta songs from yesteryear.. hells bells there's plenty my friend.

The "Rabbit In A Snowstorm", certain you're aware... is a blank page. As in, what stares at me at ugly-thirty.

Prior to thinking about folks like Kendra........... I'd been staring at shootings.... (more) political arguments.. apartment evacuated, carbon monixide leak...  flooding.. .  overseas war..  FBI's list of 2023 active shooter cases tracks 48 incidents in 26 states (I reckon that's war that ain't overseas).......

Faces......... Smiling faces Victor?   NO!   You know the lyrics.......... Smiling faces, smiling faces, sometimes, they don't tell the truth...... you talking Kendra?  NO!  She's good as gold!

I'm talking the Wicked Witch of the East (or West, or wherever)..... Nurse Ratched...  Gladys Kravitz... MISOGYNIST!  THEM 'R ALL WOMEN!  AM NOT! ARE TOO!  AM NOT!   Ebenezer Scrooge, Squidward Tentacles, Archi Bunker, Moe Szyslak...... THERE!  See?!  

Oh, and in REAL LIFE.. Worked with a ground mechanic at an airline, we'd drive our equipment until it literally died  - versus taking into him with a leak, wobble, funny noise, yada where you might get eaten by a bear, no, that ain't it.. where you might get hit by a flying metric wrench, slobber from his cursing, that GLARE he had.,.. Deek (VICTOR!  DON'T USE HIS NAME!)  Deek (no, not the Liberty Deek).. at the enda the day, he'd walk over to the calendar on the wall, take his magic marker and draw a BIG, emphatic X on the date.. as if to say, "THERE, got that sum'bitch over with."

That............. all that........... is where ugly-thirty, rabbit in a snowstorm was.

Thank goodness for nice, happy people.  Kendra.  Rick.  Randy.  Rana.  Susan.  Mac.  Weasel.  Their (different names prolly) are in your world too. Thank goodness for them.

They are walking Rolaids, Mercurochrome, WD40............. but never in the news.  That part is sad.  They should be.

I guess that's about all about that.

Victor, don't preach.

OK.

jk

Choose wisely, I know I'm certainly gonna try. It really is a wonderful world, ain't it Louie? Kendra?

Love, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Light my fire......

Why.... why, are some folks lighter thieves?  Ex wife... to party, she'd come home with six in her purse.  Ex gf, I could never find ma&...