Monday, June 10, 2024

That and this....

What's in a name?  You tell me. I waste money. I get the online edition of the KC paper, but rather than scour, read every inch in hope of becoming a well rounded, informed, intelligent person, I instead thumb thru articles with speed prolly fast enough to wear off thumbprint.

I await articles, things, that catch my eye. Victor, I clicked the link to your blog today in hopes of being entertained, maybe having some laughs, so far, huh uh.

Sorry., I'll try to spiff it up, but, I'm a simpleton, C+ kinda person, that (entertaining, invoking laughter) prolly won't happen. First thing that caught my eye. I enjoyed the name of the guy that won the XPEL Grand Prix road race, Will Power. How cool'a double entendre name is that?

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale
a tale of a fateful trip,
that started from this Spider Creek Resort,
aboard many tiny ships (kayaks, canoes)
The mates were mighty sailin' men (and woman, kids and pooches)
the Skippers brave and sure,
fitty partakers set sail that day,
for a one hour tour,
a one hour tour.

Holy guacamole. Painted, planned as fun, durn near turned to disaster. Treacherous eddies tossed at least four folks and a hound into frigid, 45 or fitty degree temps of the White River.

Two gals found themselves trapped beneath their kayaks, semi panicked as they tried to resurface. Another couple (and the hound) were tipped over, strewn into trees, one kayak continued on by its lonesome downstream.... the pooch freaked a bit..  as the guy attempted to get his head above water the hound piggybacking, scratched, clawed, keeping his master mostly submerged... a nearby feller called 911, water patrol enroute, paramedics.... aside from some deep scratches, bruises, a little mental anguish, all ended up being ok for what was planned to have been a fun, leisurely one hour tour.

The diving board into 'the swimming tree.'  Nature. Weird. Fun. Beautiful.  Forty foot long deck railing, 2 by 6 on the top. One by one, a squirrel would come into view... eyeball me.. trepidly pause, then zoom - TAKEOFF along the rail and dive into a nearby tree limb. Eh, mebbe you had to be there.

Like when one Mr. Forrest Gump stopped running, "I'm pretty tired.. I think I'll go home now."

Sorry tweren't long, better, funnier.

Use your Will Power... wear a lifejacket.  Have your camera phone readied in case ya run onta squirrel divers, and have a quality day.

BR549... YOLO...  TTYL... BRB (tomorrow mebbe)..  

Love, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks..........

 Once again, I made the dreaded mistake of, strolling, page by page thru the newspaper.  I do so virually every morning, and.... as I finall...