Sunday, July 7, 2024

Kansas City Whine.........

If you took notes... HA! Victor, that's a good one! Best usage of this rag of a blog might be to print, save, what should the shelves of Wally, Target, every, become emptied of TP again.  There. Wipe that eh?

Wow. Harsh.  Vitriol.

It was said four of us old cronies went to hear Robert Cray.  He WAS very good - but, I didn't think he really verbally (connect the dots, duct tape/baling wire, "loveya KC!") schmoozed the audience to get in his hip pocket, so to speak.  I suppose, on second peek, 'hip' pocket is a really bad pun.

He did, however, at one point state "Kansas City Wine."  I've nodded off, slept here, lived here, halfway paid attention to Kansas City for 71 years. I didn't think I'd heard mention of Kansas City Wine prior.

I'm reminded of, once, staring at a framed print on our living room wall.. "Honey, when'd we get that painting?"...  Two years ago.  "Oh, k, thanks." You think I josh about C+, M+ student, ha! I was ADHD before The Village People ever did a pushup at the YMCA.

Kansas City Whine.

I bitch. I moan.  I try to keep it within, slip sometimes. You there.  You, with your eyeballs here, you do too DON'TYA sometimes?  If this was Romper Room, they'd say "I see Jimmy, and Susan, and Terry, David, Phyllis, Rich, Larry, another David, Edwin, Liz.... oh, and there's Pinocchio!"  We all, bitch, moan. Some, more than others. Some aloud. Some quietly.. Some hold it in. (Bless you, It Ain't Me Babe. Open mouth, I blurt, or type. Can't help it. Itchy itchy rash, ie, see something I disagree with, I scratch/spout. Then hide, feel bad, hate me, eh, whatever.)

At present, the USA is akin to music.  Huh?  Yeah, ROCK, ROLL, BLUES. We're shaky. We keep rolling. Often blue.

I thoughta the song "Let's work together" by Canned Heat. Liked that song. Not sure we should replace the Star Spangled Banner with it, or, God Bless America - but I wouldn't mind going to a Royal's or Chief's game, standing, saluting the flag (or hand over heart, whichever) whilst some dude or dudette sang "Let's Work Together."

Back to the Kansas City Wine.  Turns out, it's included in the lyrics of a heap big hit by Wilbert Harrison in 1959.  Uh huh, perty please to see below.

 I'm going to Kansas City, Kansas City here I come

I'm going to Kansas City, Kansas City here I come
They got some crazy lil' women there
And I'm gonna get me one

I'm gonna be standing on the corner
Of Twelfth Street and Vine
I'm gonna be standing on the corner
Of Twelfth Street and Vine
With my Kansas City baby
And a bottle of Kansas City wine

Well I might take a train
I might take a plane, but if I have to walk
I'm going just the same
I'm going to Kansas City, Kansas City here I come
They got some crazy lil' women there
And I'm gonna get me one

Oh but you know yeah

Now if I stay with that woman, I know I'm gonna die
Gotta find a brand new baby
That's the reason why
I'm going to Kansas City, Kansas City here I come

They got some crazy lil' women there and I'm gonna get me one
They got crazy lil' women there and I'm gonna get me one
They got some crazy lil' women there and I'm gonna get me one

I had no idea who Wilbert Harrison was until this morning.

A blog for another day might be a Band Camp story on "Going to Kansas City" back in the day.  If you lived 'up North', pretty much THE way to cross the Muddy Mo' into KC was the Paseo (now Kit Bond) Bridge.  Twas a toll booth. A dime. Had choices, either automated baskets you could toss it in, or, a real live people you could hand it to, or, get change.  I remember some heathens, they usedta pull up to Attendant #1, hand the dime-taker a dime, and then "and this (second dime) is for my buddy" just as said buddy came screaming thru the toll booth next door at 65 miles per hour. Uh huh, heathens................ Or (to be continued)

Mebbe said heathens would spit on dimes, hand to dime-taker. NO. Uh huh. Or, heat it up real good with a Bic lighter, hand to dime-taker. Creeps, they were creeps.  Seen 'em do it. Ahm Pinocchio, er, I mean Victor?

Back to "Let's Work Together", which, as little creeps from Liberty, MO grew up, matured (but justa tad) they treated the toll booth takers nicer, "Here's your dime, have a nice day Mrs. Cleaver", then, hell's bells, the road/bridge was paid for, they stopped takin' toll.

Victurd, I am lost.  Robert Cray "Kansas City Wine."  The song Kansas City by Wilbert Harrison in 19fitty-nine...... then you pull "Let's Work Together" by Canned Heat, sang at Woodstock in 19sixty-nine.........

Yeah butt.........

Yeah butt what?

Wilbert Harrison recorded, sang, WROTE, had a hit with "Let's Work Together" in 1962.

Victurd, you're weird.

And you just now noticed that painting?

I love Rock and Roll... Kansas City Wine..  Kansas City Whine... Let's Work Together.... or, as Joan Jett might say,

Put another dime (non-heated, no slobber) in the jukebox baby.

Love, PinocchioTurd.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Good morning........

It's strange, but it really ain't. Each blog. Each day.... They start the same don't they?  Kinda sorta.  There's a white bo...