Thursday, July 25, 2024

Repeat after me..........

UNIQUE NEW YORK.......... three times, REAL FAST!

Baby looks.  Baby eyeballs mom's (or dad's) lips.  After a lotta prodding, begging, perty please-ing, somehow it all comes together - and it's detected "HE SAID 'MAMA'!"  (Mama is most often one to be first, but, sometimes 'dada', 'doggie', 'kitty', 'cookie', 'hi' or, 'bye bye'.

I, personally, repeated my sophomore year in college because I hella enjoyed it, and I was in no hurry to do a resume' and resume 'real life'.   (Resume' and resume looks kinda repetitive, but it ain't.)

Next time ya find yourself at a Little League game, soccer, basketball, yada... listen to the moms, dads, coaches..... it's amazing how many times they'll say something, and repeat it immediately after. Like..............

"Swing level Tucker... swing level."  Or........"You can do it Hunter, you can do it!"

TikTok, which, in and of itself is repetitive (can you hear the lead in to 60 minutes... tiktok..tiktok..tiktok..) anyways, TikTok has a muchu grande' page devoted to "Telling my husband the same thing over and over and over again."  Such as,

"Married life is telling your husband the same thing 9 days in a row, just for him to say, "You've never told me that before."

I was always, I dunno... worried, concerned, ahm, MAD, had them gurgle feelings in my tummy when I heard "Like I said..." and then it was repeated what I neva' eva' heard before. MISOGYNIST!  MISOGYNIST! AM NOT! AM NOT!

We'd play the same dayum songs on the record player (Stereo if you were uppity and had a TH7 phone number, sorry, kinda, not really though)..... and then we'd turn on WHB and Johnny Dolan, again and again... and.. he'd spin the same ole same ole tunes... you know, like the Dave Clark Five's:

Ah-mmm, ah-mmm, ah-mmm, ah-mmm
Well, I went to a dance just the other nightEverybody there was deadI said over and over and over againThis dance is gonna be a dragI said over and over and over againThis dance is gonna be a dragI said over and over and over againThis dance is gonna be a drag
'TOMMY!  GET IN HERE OUTTA THE RAIN, I AM NOT GONNA TELLYA AGAIN." (Betya do....)
I don't repeat gossip...... so... listen close the first time.
Lather, rinse, repeat.
Come again?
Do over....
"There is no harm in repeating a good thing."  Plato
Ahm... Elisabeth Shue Elisabeth Shue...  Sarah Jessica Parker Snarah Jessica Parker... Jennifer Aniston Jennifer Aniston   (RIGHT PLATO?)
I love kids, I do I do. (One can say 'I do', repeat it, 'I do'...but ya can't repeat 'do' 'do'.  Got it? Get it?)  Anyways..... I was a PE major and taught little kids, thus, I love kids.. I do I do.  (TIME OUT.. band camp.. 1960-something.. my sister was employed at the JFK Swimming Pool... specifically, at the Baby Pool... and her job, which paid fitty cents an hour.. was to scoop out the 'do do',  Victor, you can't say 'do do', sorry,  I just did did.)  Where the hell was I? (Ya ever notice, at this point in our lives...that happens.. what happens?  The Where the hell was I? and Whatinthehell was I gonna do? happens.  Happens to me a lot. TBC
Snotnoses. (I ALREADY TOLDYA [twice] I REALLY REALLY LIKE KIDS!)  I just love callin' em snotnoses, cause.. time after time.. their noses run. It's a repeat kinda thing.  Anyways... I work part-time at a golf course that has a pool as well. I repeat the same stupid joke every time a 4 year old cutie pie walks in in her swimsuit and she's carrying an Elsa swim ring...... 'OH!  YOU'RE HERE TO PLAY GOLF!".... and they kinda smile, giveya that look,  you know, the 'huh, you idiot' look.. .. eh, dumb joke, but, I still love doing it.
THEN......the little snotnoses get into the pool... or... jump in the pool..  and six hunnerd and eighty four times a day I hear "MOMMY... .WATCH THIS."...  "MOMMY... WATCH THIS"... or daddy.. I remind myself (repeat after me) I love snotnoses. I do. I do do.
How's that again?
Pardon me? (Why?.. you fart?)
Say again?
Short one today, sorry, kinda.. not really.  It's a work day for me...... gotta SS&S and head to work.  Oh, sorry, that's.. well..  kinda graphic.  Let's do CBR (Constitution.. Bathe.. Razor)..
Have a wonderful day.'
Have a wonderful day.
Don't repeat yesterday's errors. 
Go ahead, have a second donut. Cops do it.
Love, Duran Duran....  Daryl and his other brother Daryl... my friend Amy's cats, Larry and NotLarry..  The Go-Go's..   Bam Bam... bam, bam., bam.
And that's the way it was.
Life really is pretty darn good...  bears repeating.
Life really is pretty darn good... 
Don't think twice, it's alright.  Right Bob?
Repeat after me, "I Victor, take thee......"  RUNNNNN FORREST!!!!!!!!!!
Love, Victurd Victurd

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

When your baby leaves you all alone

And nobody calls you on the phone A-don't you feel like a-cryin'? Don't you feel like cryin'? Well, here I am, a-honey A-com...