Wednesday, July 24, 2024

The story of the rest............ by Harvey Paul

You cixelsyd Victor?  No, just tired.

Give it a rest.  Huh?  Yeah, there, I said it.  Vitriol about vitriol.  Don't make it right does it?  The ads, news blips, he said, she said,.. she said.. he said... the November thing.  Give it a rest.  Gimme a break, gimme a break, break me offa piecea that Kit Kat Bar. SURE, there's one side I like better...  that don't matta.. My side hurts from all the boogity boo vitriol.  We're better than that.  Ain't we?

Rest area. The old exit lanes they ain't what they usedta be, ain't what they usedta be.  Why back in MY day...the old Rest Area on Interstate was a treat!  A family treat.  Hey Boo Boo, grab the pic-a-nic basket........ we'll go to that pic-a-nic table under the shade tree! It was a simple era.  I remember, at least for our family - that was a treat. Getting the heck outta Dodge.. our family 'family-ing'..  Mom, Dad, happy.  Thus, sister and I as well.  When one is a snotnose - there is no perception above and beyond today...  It'll always be like this, right Boo Boo?

The rest of your life.  Daunting, ain't it?  Yeah yeah, we say (or, lots do) "I ______, take you, _____, to be my (wife/husband), to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, until parted by death." Right Meatloaf?

Sometimes, trains derail.  Humpty (Humptyette) has a great fall.  Things change, get lost.  Mr. (or Mrs) Potato Head just ain't the same any more (Parts missing from what I/we thought we had.) You take this. I'll take that, and, the lawyer will take the rest.

Life........... ya got me goin' in circles...... (paa-paa-paahhh) Oh oh around and around and around I go.  I be borned...... I sleep, A LOT, but...... not for long. I wakeup cranky.  We age (Big Chief tablet, little league, HEY! What's this hair? Wow-she's perty/he's handsome, mercy that felt good, I got the job Honey!  Ain't Junior special!  Why did we have kids?  Honey? Listen! No kids! Gone, moved out. What's he/she doing back here? Take this job and shove it.  What'd you say? I can't hearya. I get confused, all this Part A, Part B, Part C, Part D.  I be old now...... I sleep, A LOT, but...... not for long. I wakeup cranky. 

Rest assured... hmmm..  could be, live life well.... or... wearing Depends to bed..  live in a gated community...  or.. put 10 to 20% away every paycheck and no touchy. (I ain't never hearda that one.)

Rest on one's laurels.  Mr. Big Stuff.. Who do you think you are, Mr. Big Stuff, you're never gonna make it far......

Rest in music.  What a day for a daydream..   Down on the corner......Daydream believer..  ...Well, I'm runnin' down the road tryna loosen my load, I got seven women on my mind, Four that wanna own me, two that wanna stone me, One says she's a friend of mine, Take it easy, take it easy. MISOGYNIST.  AM NOT!

I flunked out on the tonette - recorder.   Victor, rest in music is actually  ..  well, a quarter rest anyways.

HEY!  I gave you a TWENTY........ whar's the rest of my change?

At rest.  Come to rest (remember that video from a hunnerd years ago where them birds didn't know how to land?  FUN!)..   Put someone's mind at ease, rest. Huh uh, I don't think that makes you look fat.  Rest house. I WANT ONE!  Rest home.  NOT YET! There's golf to play!  Women to chase!  Victor, you can't even run.  OK, I'll fetch me a slow one then!

How do you think the Royals will do the resta the year?  Victor?  I don't care.  I live in Colorado, New Mexico, Cali, Mariner land, France, Redbirds all the way.  I hate baseball.

Life, to me, is like musical chairs.  Ya go, go, go.  Hurry, hurry, hurry. Then....... when it's time for rest, there ain't no damn whar to sit, lay, kick yer feet up.

Gimme a break, gimme a break, break me offa piecea that Kit Kat Bar.

Victor.......... you done used that one. I TOLDYA life goes in circles.

Give it a rest Victor.

OK. Will. Have a nice resta the day.

Theme song, Brahm's Lullaby  (Go to sleep.... little creep).. At least, that's how I remember it sung at my house growing up.

Antagonist....... the Eveready Bunny

The rest of the rest cast:  Homer Simpson, Frank Gallagher, Eric Cartman, Jake Harper, Patrick.

Harvey Paul.................  Good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When your baby leaves you all alone

And nobody calls you on the phone A-don't you feel like a-cryin'? Don't you feel like cryin'? Well, here I am, a-honey A-com...