Monday, July 22, 2024

Stand up......... Take a stand.... Need a ramp? We'll help.........

 When the night has come

And the land is dark
And the moon is the only light we'll see
No, I won't be afraid
Oh, I won't be afraid
Just as long as you stand
Stand by me

Color me old.  I believe this is the second song in a row that's from 1961.  What they hey, it was a pretty good year.  Started with JFK being sworn in, and, toward the enda the year, Roger Maris said "bye bye" to home run #61, seeya later Babe.

So darlin', darlin'
Stand by me, oh, stand by me
Oh, stand, stand by me
Stand by me

Where oh where does your simpleton brain get a load'a these topics?  I'm so glad you asked.  Today, for the first time since, probably 2016, I looked at, studied, the Baseball Standings.  We, KC, ain't been good.  Perty nice to tag along this year with the Big Market teams, hot diggity doo.

If the sky that we look upon
Should tumble and fall
Or the mountain should crumble to the sea
I won't cry, I won't cry
No, I won't shed a tear
Just as long as you stand
Stand by me

We take standing for granted.  My take anyways.  It's like virtually anything in life we take for granted..    money..  a good running car..    a mate.. working for a solid company..  best friends.. family.. 

One day, someone, or something in that crowd won't be able to stand up.  Take a stand, do it yourself, turns to, "I'll certainly do what I can, but, I need a little help."  Who will stand by you?  In Vermillion County, Illinois, there's a group of friends (the VC Handicap Association) that volunteers time, money, knowledge, lumber, nails, saws, sweat, yada, to build ramps to gradually uplift those - both physically and mentally.  Bill Day and buddies, you go!  And thank you!

Grandstands.  Happy.  There for a reason.  A car race. A ballgame.  A Holiday presentation/celebration.

And darlin', darlin'
Stand by me, oh, stand by me
Oh, stand now, stand by me
Stand by me

Standing ovation. We've liked, enjoyed, what we've heard, seen.  We're moved.  We emote.  We stand in honor, or, in awe.

Stand out.  Hmmmm.  Could be a good thing or a weird thing eh?  Stand back (Hold ma' beer).  Stand trial.    "What's your vector Victor?" Stand by one.  Stand tall. Stand a chance. 

Darlin', darlin'
Stand by me, oh, stand by me
Oh, stand now, stand by me
Stand by me
Whenever you're in trouble
Won't you stand by me?
Oh, stand by me
Won't you stand now?
Oh, stand, stand by me

"If you fell down yesterday, stand up today."  H.G. Wells

Stand up.
Stand alone.
Stand still.
Stand corrected.
Fruit Stand.
Stand in.
Concession stand, umbrella stand, taxi stand, witness stand, newspaper stand.

Stand by me.  I agree Mr. BB King.  We need those that stand by us... just as, we need to stand by those we like, love.  No questions asked.  Well... maybe "Hey Charlie, ya think ya oughta put that cig out when you carry that bagga M80's?" That.  He may not be standing if he don't,

Even those who 'once were' in our lives..  we can and do still stand by them.  When two people lean, they become upright.  It's only right.

"In matters of style, swim with the current.  In matters of principle, stand like a rock."  Thomas Jefferson

Keep both oars in the water or else i threaten you that tomorrow's blog will be 'Ya got me goin' in circles' by Friends of Distinction.

Good day,

Love, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

When your baby leaves you all alone

And nobody calls you on the phone A-don't you feel like a-cryin'? Don't you feel like cryin'? Well, here I am, a-honey A-com...