Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Well.......... whaddaya know.........

I know nothing.  (Sgt Victurd Schultze)

Routine routine.  Awaken (5 times, peek at clock, nope, not yet).. Awaken.. ok, permissible, you've had 6 hours.  Nap later mebbe. 

Pee.  Make coffee.  Fireup TV to same ole same ole news channel.  (I know, I know. Neither starts with a C or an F. Honest, I TRY to think for myself.).. Wordle.  Drink coffee. Text Wordle battle w/youngest niece.  Sport's page.  Sudoku.  General news in paper (I kinda read that crap like an osprey's quick dive to eat... or.. a Piper Cub practicing 'touch and go's'.)

Interesting (to me anyways) article on a 43 year old author, poet, college instructor who happens to be a Black Muslim lady.  This is where, I, the jobhopping, cantquitsmokiing, failedrelationshipafterfailedrelationship dude tells you, I know nothing, about longterm employment (although, I did 'do 20 years', read that, however ya wanna at my last job.)

I still got butts, as in cig butts. I know, I know, but I don't.. quit.  I can't be Dear Abby  and tellya how to stay married.  I also admit, I know nothing about being a Black Muslim lady.

I like her style though..  Some'a the stuff (Ok, almost alla the stuff) she said in her interview. Her daddy, when she was in Middle School, advised her "Dare to be different."  Seems she has.  

What are the most important skills you try to pass down to your students as writers? (asked, the KC Star writer)..... "Critical thinking.  The ability to analyze and break down the rhetoric of arguments and see how it was constructed and what works well in the argument and where it is flawed. When a student can slow down and do that, it's important."

I'm up on the tight wire, one side's ice and one is fire, it's a circus game with you and me.... I'm up on the tightrope, one side's hate and one is hope, but the top of my head is all you see.

Victor?  TEA?  CHINA?  THE HELL?  Hey, I'm sorry, I guess.  That Leon song was going thru my head.. I thought it kinda fit for critical thinking, attempting to see, get to, both sides..  Victor, I vote, if you don't know whatinthehell it is you're writing about (like you mentioned continued employment, smoking cessation, relationship 'guru') THEN HUSH. No writey.  Thanks, I think.

Then Star writer asked "What advice would you give to someone aspiring to follow a similar path?" (writer, poet, professor)..    Write what you know about because if you don't it comes off force and inauthentic. I always feel like a writer's voce becomes clearer when you can write from your experience or knowledge. Write from a knowledge bank but also a passion bank that you know to be true, real and integral to you.

I know I'm C+/M+ or thereabouts.  I confess to NOT knowing about onomatopoeia, folding a fitted sheet, AI, women (MISOGYNIST! AM NOT).  I don't understand hatred. I know when I see red-in-the-face mad, veins popping outta the neck... I ain'ts nos doctor, but I no comprende' why some are seemingly one conniption fit away from the ER.

I don't know the price of tea in China but assume it  could be Googled.  I know I have zilcho desire to dig in and critically think "why did that person running for that office just pay boo koo dollars to degrade, accuse, opponent about their past without ever telling of the groundwork of their own plan for the future."

I know nothing about walking a tightrope, but, I wonder if they too (tightrope artists) awaken from dreams where they are falling like I do?  Gotta gitme onea them "Help I've fallen and I can't get up" button thingys.

Baseball Ray.  Sorry, not really, to fans of other teams... after watching last night's Royals game - I know I don't believe I've ever seen a singular performance like what Bobby Witt Jr did last night.  He be the real deal.

Kudos to the teacher lady and her wonderful outlook... artistry..  want to help youth (the right way).. and, for undoubtedly, being a high hurdler of assured prejudice and obstacle in her way.

I know I sit here virtually every morning staring at "a rabbit in a snowstorm" and have no idea what to write about. I know you are EXTREMELY patient with me, and please know I REALLY REALLY REALLY appreciate that.

I know I like happy. Dogs. Cats, yeah, I do.  Smile. Levity.  Golf.  Donuts.  Lasagna.  People watching. Music. Family. Good friends.  Either dadgum end of a compliment. Did I mention happy?

Happy day,

Love, Victurd


No comments:

Post a Comment

When your baby leaves you all alone

And nobody calls you on the phone A-don't you feel like a-cryin'? Don't you feel like cryin'? Well, here I am, a-honey A-com...